Elite dangerous Horizon -> Odyssey

I started playing this game last week, i enjoyed it a lot but after the update I coudnt pass the "Open play screen" after i click on open play, or solo play, the game crashes to desktop without any error or warning as shows here: https://gyazo.com/be6495a31ca64a94ca7c4ff36be0f1a7 After having this error in horizons I thought it was because of the new expansion, and as I was enjoying the game enough I decided to purchase Odyssey and play. Well, it was a mistake, I'm having the same problem, exactly the same. I've updated graphic drivers, uninstalled the game, verified games both on steam and on the launcher and nothing helps.

I'm quite desperated and disappointed

Dont get upset! Everyone’s pretty much having problems. It’s not unusual with a game update, and this is a big one so even more likely to happen. Things will improve as FD get the bugs fixed. I had loads of conmection errors last night & gave up. This morning I got on easily (guess fewer trying to access the servers) & spent a couple of hours playing Odyssey with no problems (once I’d figured out how to reenter my ship before the suit battery gave up). However this afternoon I then switched back to my second account with Horizons and had loads of problems-first not accessing the network and had to logout the machine (under options at top of launcher) then log it back in and enter the revalidation code emailed from FD, then got cant access Commander data error several times, finally got in & played for a couple of hours but found rank wasnt updating after doing loads of Rep++++ missions.
Apparently theres a bug fix issue due out this evening. Try downloading that and try again!
You might want to check the issues tracker to see if anyone has similar problems and add your voice/evidence to the issue. Also see if anything has changed in your network settings.

Like Jorki says, it's a bit of trial, but apart from a small where things don't work window, everything seems to be much smoother to log in. Check if you can see the server message in the lower left corner. If it fails a relog sometimes helps, or just plain patience.

Yes, I found the lower left network access info in the launcher window initially showing I wasnt connecting at all. A logout machine (under support tab) and revalidation cleared that. Seems you need to do this account revalidation every time theres a major update.

Thereafter it took about 10 seconds or so to connect-slower than before yesterday’s release. I think there has been too short a time between the Alpha and this release. FD clearly haven't had enough time to sort all the problems. I’m blaming marketing for not having a beta period. I still have to watch the livestream with Dav Stott talking about peer to peer networking, but I get the impression this release is incurring more network load than before.

Last edited:
Nothing. I've tried everything, also i tested from 3 different computers so its not computer related, its a server issue. I don't get any error (As you can see on gyazo) it just crashes and that's all. I'm just ed because i started literally last week to play and maybe i put 20-50 minutes per day (I really have little time to play). But yea i get it even tho i have the feeling i won't be able to play this weekend.

I too, am disappointed. The only game that I've ever played more than Elite has been Skyrim. I asked FDev to please restore an old save, even if it meant lost progress. I just want to play the game; but after 5/22/2021, it continues to crash on me when I try to launch it.

Top Bottom