ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous Horizons Fold Down

RTX3090 were making my wallet break out in a cold sweat.

I'd wait for the 3080Ti anyhow. There is a fair chance NVidia will release such a card next summer, and hopefully at a three-digit price point with actual availability, and all of the current price craziness due to limited availability of the 3000 series GPUs has gone by that time as NVidia should be getting good enough yields from their new manufacturer.

I'd wait for the 3080Ti anyhow. There is a fair chance NVidia will release such a card next summer, and hopefully at a three-digit price point with actual availability, and all of the current price craziness due to limited availability of the 3000 series GPUs has gone by that time as NVidia should be getting good enough yields from their new manufacturer.
It's a good choice that you make if you're not in a rush.

However I have doubts about the 3080Ti

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Given the age of the Colossus, it proabably only had 0.05 bytes of RAM, a CPU that ran at 5hz and used an nVidea NV -100, GPU, the great, great gandfather of the NV1. If you used files=10, buffers = 10 and DOS = high, umb (therefore moving the o/s into himem), you coulld possibly get some text to appear.

Graphics might be a little jerky.

Sorry if I missed the answer to this but did Stephen’s reference to merge in the op mean there should be just one ED?
Last I checked, I still have a base game and Horizons. The base game didn’t include Horizons when I launched it so I’m not sure if I need both or if I should redownload.

Sorry if I missed the answer to this but did Stephen’s reference to merge in the op mean there should be just one ED?
Last I checked, I still have a base game and Horizons. The base game didn’t include Horizons when I launched it so I’m not sure if I need both or if I should redownload.
Looks like they went the easiest way: enabling Horizons on all accounts that didn't have it.
WIll probably stay that way until Odyssey release at least.

For some reason they still allow you to enter the game without loading the Horizons stuff.
This is generally useful if your SRV gets stuck. Quit Game and load in the Non-Horizon version - this will load you up in your ship in orbit. Quite game load in the Horizon version and enjoy.

For some reason they still allow you to enter the game without loading the Horizons stuff.
This is generally useful if your SRV gets stuck. Quit Game and load in the Non-Horizon version - this will load you up in your ship in orbit. Quite game load in the Horizon version and enjoy.

The reason is simple
Before 26th October the Horizons DLC was payed
After that it was free and automatically enabled on all accounts.

They did not changed the game structure.
Which i think is a good move specifically for FD since their effort was minimal and for the players because you can still launch only the Base game if the need arrise

I think a combination of Arx and skin wpulf have been better. If I had paid for both expansions only to be told its going to be free, I'd atleast want half of what I paid for them in Arx...

I think a combination of Arx and skin wpulf have been better. If I had paid for both expansions only to be told its going to be free, I'd atleast want half of what I paid for them in Arx...

you got more than that.
I mean the nice Azure paint, available for any ship. Since it's similar with the top metallic paints (iridescent and stygian), i'd expect at least 3000+ arx times with 37?
You do the math.

you got more than that.
I mean the nice Azure paint, available for any ship. Since it's similar with the top metallic paints (iridescent and stygian), i'd expect at least 3000+ arx times with 37?
You do the math.

I honestly didn’t think about individual cost. But it sort of means very little unless those skins are on the store itself. If they were on the store and cost quite a bit then I would be more inclined to agree. There is no actual value to them.

I guess it looks like a Thargon paintjob.

Is this paintjob meant to promote ship envy? The hideous green does seem to do that.

I guess someone quoted the ARX equivalent was 142000 arx. Which at least you could then use to choose what you wanted rather than all in one. I feel for anyone who bought the horizons dlc on steam a week before.

If you're new to Elite, you can pick up Elite Dangerous which will include the Horizons expansion content on Steam, PS4 and Xbox One now.
Sorry to necro this but I linked the announcement (post 1) for someone and this just annoyed the heck out of me.

I really do not understand why they don't include buying direct from frontierstore.net - what is the reasoning behind Elite's avoidance of the frontier store everywhere?

Sorry to necro this but I linked the announcement (post 1) for someone and this just annoyed the heck out of me.

I really do not understand why they don't include buying direct from frontierstore.net - what is the reasoning behind Elite's avoidance of the frontier store everywhere?
I just don't get it.
Surely they've seen the number of posts from potential Odyssey purchasers asking about buying it direct.

Top Bottom