Elite Dangerous: Horizons Hotfix | 11.01.2022 | For PC & Console Notes

Well, yes, faction can expand at 20ly at most. If you got isolated, then you can't expand. And nobody can hurt you too. So why to bother? Just live there and make faction happy.
And we can't take control of the system from the NPC faction that is also there, so it's not our system. After following all the requirements to do so, system states do not change. No war / civil war state change happens when we reach x percent influence or whatever. Even after tick. So the process a PG would normally follow to fight for control of their system does not work.

And we can't take control of the system from the NPC faction that is also there, so it's not our system.

Technically, if you are native to the system, it's your system.
Being in control is a different story - but your faction is in there and you can support it or abandon it.

It would not be the first time when people dont like the neighborhood and abandon their newly placed PMF...
(There was rather recently case when a PMF was inserted in a system where local owners (non-pmf) were actively supported by a player group bigger than the supporters of the new PMF)

Further to the crimes not showing up.. it seems like it's a wide issue not related to just things like crimes, when filling up from the CG from a carrier all day it's not been telling me that I've collected anything till I get to the other end then as soon as I access the commodity market i get the auditory message "cargo bay full" so things aren't updating properly across the board.

Don't quite know what this means but it seems to be affecting multiple game areas. Some sort of disconnection when getting info from the servers.
I had this issue for several months now. Another similar bug is that, once engineer requirements are fulfilled, one has to relog to actually get the invitation message. This bug has been around since the release of Odyssey.

Last edited:
Technically, if you are native to the system, it's your system.
Being in control is a different story - but your faction is in there and you can support it or abandon it.

It would not be the first time when people dont like the neighborhood and abandon their newly placed PMF...
(There was rather recently case when a PMF was inserted in a system where local owners (non-pmf) were actively supported by a player group bigger than the supporters of the new PMF)
What's the point. Supporting our faction does nothing. No missions spawn either. If we were in the situation where another group could support the NPC group in our system so we could fight for control. That would at least be something. Right now no one can do anything. Working to make ourselves the controlling faction has no effect. My point is, the fundamental process and setup of the BGS is broken in this case. So how do we get FDev to address this? Cust support don't help. Posting issues in issue tracker doesn't help. If FDev would at the least acknowledge the issue and add it to a TO DO list with a promise to look into it at some point, I think we could move on from frustration. Even if they just said-

Thank you for reporting this issue. We recognize that right now, there is a flaw where this situation can arise. We can't address this immediately but relevant parties have been notified and this issue will be addressed at some point in the future. As an alternative, you could disband your faction and squadron and create a new squadron and apply for a new faction, but we can't guarantee that this would solve the issue. 07

@sallymorganmoore
I'm not sure where to post this, but I want to bring your attention to incoming problem when carriers internals will be released. Let me explain.
Imagine I have all my ships on my carrier and I went 50000 ly in Void.
Now my young nephew presses "eject" button on escape pod there.
What happens? - I'm on nearest safe station.
Now in play come 2 earlier design desicions:
1. Carrier must have CMDR present on board to jump, because it needs manual refuel using big ship.
2. CMDR cannot buy ship on station until it has current "active" ship delivered.

So I awoke on random station in no-where which may not have even shipyard (for example those near Crab nebula stations). All my ships are there on carrier, carrier canot jump without me, I cannot order/switch ship ...

That is very real scenario and to fix that you need to change couple things, like allow carrier refuel itself etc.
Please bring attention to this in team.

@sallymorganmoore
I'm not sure where to post this, but I want to bring your attention to incoming problem when carriers internals will be released. Let me explain.
Imagine I have all my ships on my carrier and I went 50000 ly in Void.
Now my young nephew presses "eject" button on escape pod there.
What happens? - I'm on nearest safe station.
Now in play come 2 earlier design desicions:
1. Carrier must have CMDR present on board to jump, because it needs manual refuel using big ship.
2. CMDR cannot buy ship on station until it has current "active" ship delivered.

So I awoke on random station in no-where which may not have even shipyard (for example those near Crab nebula stations). All my ships are there on carrier, carrier canot jump without me, I cannot order/switch ship ...

That is very real scenario and to fix that you need to change couple things, like allow carrier refuel itself etc.
Please bring attention to this in team.
i'll give u the same reply the the FDev's gave us for our problem let me know if u like it...

to bad so sad for u! guess u should not have done that.

Last edited:
Disband squadron, create new, and create new faction - they told you.
There are technical reasons for this, you may complain forever but that cannot change technical reasons.
there are no such thing as technical reasons it is a line they feed all the stupid so they don't have to do anything. i do know how programming works. they can do anything they want to do they just don't care. it is there mistake for for putting us in a BGS controlled system which violated there own faction placement rules in the first place. so its alright if they break the rules but not for anyone else.

How would u like it if some one told u that u had to thought your name away for resons that do not make sense.

there are no such thing as technical reasons it is a line they feed all the stupid so they don't have to do anything. i do know how programming works. they can do anything they want to do they just don't care. it is there mistake for for putting us in a BGS controlled system which violated there own faction placement rules in the first place. so its alright if they break the rules but not for anyone else.

How would u like it if some one told u that u had to thought your name away for resons that do not make sense.
Oh stop that :D There is technical reasons. BGS is self organized graph, no 1 human can now all details and connections inside because it is very complex. So there is no man who knows what inside and how connected because connections change during the game. And now somebody wants to remove nodes. That would break whole galaxy. So they did simple choice to protect Galaxy - editor for BGS was NEVER created. Once something is added there - it cannot be deleted because there are no tools for that made. Simple elegant solution.

P.S. I saw human faction 4000ly from bubble (at least Inara says it is player's). They cannot expand too. No violations. It was placed where it was room + +/- region where you pointed.
About you can't get influence - is it populated? 1 man can shift inluence for like 10000 population. For billion populated system you will have to work for months and tens peoples.

Last edited:
Oh stop that :D There is technical reasons. BGS is self organized graph, no 1 human can now all details and connections inside because it is very complex. So there is no man who knows what inside and how connected because connections change during the game. And now somebody wants to remove nodes. That would break whole galaxy. So they did simple choice to protect Galaxy - editor for BGS was NEVER created. Once something is added there - it cannot be deleted because there are no tools for that made. Simple elegant solution.

P.S. I saw human faction 4000ly from bubble (at least Inara says it is player's). They cannot expand too. No violations. It was placed where it was room + +/- region where you pointed.
About you can't get influence - is it populated? 1 man can shift inluence for like 10000 population. For billion populated system you will have to work for months and tens peoples.
I often design systems in such a way that I can't use an admin tool to change important names or values.

What FDEV is doing with this is the equivalent of spiting on a biker gangs jackets, names are frigging important! the least they could offer is to change every instance of our names in the database with something else, thus releasing the old names to us.

What FDEV is doing with this is the equivalent of spiting on a biker gangs jackets, names are frigging important! the least they could offer is to change every instance of our names in the database with something else, thus releasing the old names to us.
You have no idea what you ask. Most people relay on external sites like Inara. And renaming only FD side will make a mess with external sites.

You have no idea what you ask. Most people relay on external sites like Inara. And renaming only FD side will make a mess with external sites.
to bad so sad not my problem. this was not our mistake it was there's. not having the means to correct it is the bummest thing i have ever heard.

to bad so sad not my problem. this was not our mistake it was there's. not having the means to correct it is the bummest thing i have ever heard.
I'm not really sure there is any mistake. Most likely you have no idea how BGS works and what to do. Nobody promised you extra fun. They give you faction with a name.

BGS is not mini-game. It is "mechanical part" of Elite. So "we cannot do BGS" has no sense if Elite is not broken. "Doing BGS" means you try understand what rules devs put in and abuse those rules. So it is game vs devs, not Elite.
Elite assumes that you
1. do missions for faction
2. trade with faction

If you can do those 2 things everything is working.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure there is any mistake. Most likely you have no idea how BGS works and what to do. Nobody promised you extra fun. They give you faction with a name.
the system is Wregoe XQ-L c21-29 which is use in the ED lore. all lore systems are BGS locked so u think u have all the answers tell me how we are to take over the system and make it ours. i am waiting....

we have had our influence as high as 90% by selling to the black market. there are no missions at the station for either faction. then we tried the combat side and still no missions at the station and no war or civil war.

this is all done in EDH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BGS is not mini-game. It is "mechanical part" of Elite. So "we cannot do BGS" has no sense if Elite is not broken. "Doing BGS" means you try understand what rules devs put in and abuse those rules. So it is game vs devs, not Elite.
Elite assumes that you
1. do missions for faction
2. trade with faction

If you can do those 2 things everything is working.
there are no missions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't believe me go check your self

Top Bottom