Elite Dangerous: Horizons Hotfix | 11.01.2022 | For PC & Console Notes

The problem with the Panther would be where to park and unload ? That alone would involve a lot more other stuff but a decent med imperial ship would be greatly appreciated ??

Why?
There were a bunch of ships that were "Horizons only" until everyone who didn't own it (Horizons) were upgraded for free...

There is a strong chance that new ships (hint: Panther Clipper) will get released along with Console Launch and folding out the old Horizons client

Remembering the Panther from FE2, I can't think why anyone would want one. Anywhere but the lowest gravity worlds it was basically a shipwreck looking for a place to happen.

Mind you, I'm not a fan of combat incapable ships in general. The galaxy is not a safe enough place to go flitting about without anti-pirate bug spray.
I'm one, now you know one.
There is a strong chance that new ships (hint: Panther Clipper) will get released along with Console Launch and folding out the old Horizons client
I hope so.

Very briefly.
blow-mind-mind-blown.gif

In fact @Nick Nicholson I actually urge a direct customer support message in this instance, due to it being a personal issue with the faction.

Here's the link to the specific player faction customer support form.
Once submitted, someone will be directly in touch on that side:

we got a response to one of our inquiries only to be told, to bad so sad for us, we are literally SOL'ed

re-quote from repose to our problem:

Support Agent Rosetta (Frontier Developments)

Jan 13, 2022, 19:16 GMT

Hey CMDR,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. Unfortunately we're not able to move the location of any Player Minor Faction once it has been implemented onto the game. I'm sorry that this might not be the outcome you're after but let us know if you have any further queries about this.

Kind regards,
Support Agent Rosetta
Frontier Developments Customer Support

The information in this email is confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email from your system immediately. In such circumstances, you must not make any use of the email or its contents.
So the answer is "disband your current faction and create a whole new faction" which means we also have to disband our squadron as well for it is linked to a faction we can no longer use. The members of our squadron Nebula Discoveries LLC is beyond words. This is how players are treated during a time when ED is struggling to keep players!!??!!

So, I ask this question ... what (all the swearing u can think of placed here) do we do now???

Once again thank very much for advising and helping us out, but now our group is at a loss as to what to do now.

Last edited:
So, I ask this question ... what (all the swearing u can think of placed here) do we do now???
Disband squadron, create new, and create new faction - they told you.
There are technical reasons for this, you may complain forever but that cannot change technical reasons.

Disband squadron, create new, and create new faction - they told you.
There are technical reasons for this, you may complain forever but that cannot change t
A - They did not tell us a course of action. This is a conclusion drawn from their hopeless response.
B - If we try that potential solution, what's to stop it happening again

A - They did not tell us a course of action. This is a conclusion drawn from their hopeless response.
B - If we try that potential solution, what's to stop it happening again
A - that what did another streamer when he disliked name given to faction (long story, he was cheated by "officer").
B - nothing stops.
Actually what the problem is there? Permit locked system? It looks like they don't see any problem yet, just standard response for faction change. And well, only 1 possible way to change because of technical reasons.

A - that what did another streamer when he disliked name given to faction (long story, he was cheated by "officer").
B - nothing stops.
Actually what the problem is there? Permit locked system? It looks like they don't see any problem yet, just standard response for faction change. And well, only 1 possible way to change because of technical reasons.
My conclusion is - This is a bug in the BGS architecture and process for placing new PG Minor factions. Technical reason = flawed design. I.e no check to see that the chosen system location is usable upon factionb placement. Plus no possibility to change placement or whatever param stops the normal process of taking power / system state change in flawed placement. Looking at BGS info and conversations, I think the assumption is that the system in question is not within 20ly of another NPC or PG faction controlled system. Someone else would probably explain this better.

Either way, while nothing stops this happening there is little point disbanding and trying again. Previous bug reports were not followed up so filling again feels pointless.

Not caring about BGS myself, but for those in our group that do and that put lots of effort into this. I will continue to try to get it resolved.

Still - Nothing can stop us from continuing our missions, even if we are homeless bums. 07 - http://banananebulaexpedition.online/

s, I think the assumption is that the system in question is not within 20ly of another NPC or PG faction controlled system. Someone else would probably explain this better.
Well, yes, faction can expand at 20ly at most. If you got isolated, then you can't expand. And nobody can hurt you too. So why to bother? Just live there and make faction happy.

Top Bottom