Elite Dangerous: Horizons Only PC & Console Update 09/12/2021 Notes

An update on using the "multi mining" controller:

I set mine for 2 functions - prospector AND collector limpet.

Good news - you can spam 4 prospectors with a class III controller.
BAD news - if you spam a collector right after that, one of those prospectors will die ! If you spam 4 collectors, ALL the prospectors die....

BAD news - if you spam a collector right after that, one of those prospectors will die ! If you spam 4 collectors, ALL the prospectors die....
Can you have multiple of that particular limpet controller on a ship?

I haven't bothered logging into ed today or reading all this thread, but has this update screwed Horizons on consoles (ps4) again?

Is it even worth downloading it?

I was afraid of that. That makes it unusable for me; I'm not going to start keeping a tally of what all the active limpets are.

However, I find it very unfair and disparaging to console gamers not to have Odyssey yet. You are leaving us with little hope. Many players are leaving the game due to a lack of content. And the console community is getting very upset by the fact that you're not giving n ye

IT WONT RUN on old consoles yet, it barely runs well on thousands of dollars worth of PC hardware.
I have the hardware to run Odyssey fairly well but much prefer Horizons

I was afraid of that. That makes it unusable for me; I'm not going to start keeping a tally of what all the active limpets are.

It's worse than that, seems like if you have 4 Prospector Limpets out, you can't spawn any collector limpets, as it works like a Collector Limpet controller for spawning Collectors at max but a Prospector controller for spawning Prospectors at max. It's really terribly designed with only one upside that I can see.

I'll probably run a Mining-Multi controller and a prospector controller. Gives me an extra Collector Limpet at a lower cargo slot (so more cargo, yay) and based upon the stats they have a range of 5k vs 1.2k and aren't limited to 12 minutes, meaning I can bring fewer limpets.

I can't test any of this of course, because the new feature of crashing the game when trying to outfit is keeping me from doing so.

So the only good thing I've noticed in this update are the added effects to cockpit (really good job on those). The "combat" srv being not so combat and can't even survive against a group of 3 NPCs in a high conflict zone mostly due to the fact that the weapons can't really hit the target. And the new limpet controllers are way too heavy to be used as is and we can't engineer them(yet, or so fdev says). No significant performance improvement (the FPS in the same conflict zone with the new srv was the same as in previous update). The lighting was changed again and not for the better (actually resembles what we had in update 2). So the question is - do we really want to spend 3000+ arx on a paint job for that bit too light "combat" srv just so fdev can get at least some money this last month of the year?
Edit: wrong thread

Last edited:
Wait, weren't you in the Arf's holiday message thread complaining that Odyssey performance was good enough for consoles, and demanding it be done sooner rather than later?

And now you're complaining that the PC version is too broken and crammed with bugs? (Not arguing with that aspect.)

Which is it? Broken, or good enough for consoles?
Buddy, you are in a horizons thread. Thanks to the QA department we get almost only new bugs in our edh updates and barely any new content.... so when we get the bugs from EDO why not the features.... /sarcasm. You on EDO get a new buggy at least, while we.... did not, but got a bunch of newly broken things.... see the point? ;-)

Can you have multiple of that particular limpet controller on a ship?
Unfortunately - no .... JUST ONE - class III or class VII.
I made a big run right now ( I am returning to carrier) and I got my Cutter with a healthy extra 64 tones more on top of 512 . so now with a class III "multi" I enjoy a 4 limpets prospector and I got a free slot class V - put there a cargo - so my max load out on mining is a juicy 576t ( before was only 512).

Next run I will try to use the module as a collector only - the fact the multi has "unlimited" life is also a great advantage.

Is the game crashing as soon as you try to open it for anyone else?

Yesterday I was able to play normally, but today after the update it crashes right away. I'm playing on a PS4.

Buddy, you are in a horizons thread. Thanks to the QA department we get almost only new bugs in our edh updates and barely any new content.... so when we get the bugs from EDO why not the features.... /sarcasm. You on EDO get a new buggy at least, while we.... did not, but got a bunch of newly broken things.... see the point? ;-)
I get that. But my point is - you see how bad HORIZONS is, so can you IMAGINE how Odyssey is and how the port to consoles isn't just "it's good enough based on what I see on streams" can be a stretch?

Back
Top Bottom