Elite Dangerous: Horizons Only PC & Console Update 09/12/2021 Notes

Multi limpets controllers from update are NOT available on carriers ! 🤬

Is this a bug or ONLY on stations we can buy them ?!
I have my carrier parked in Ratraii ( Colonia) in a carrier adm sys, and when I bought the class III limpet controllers pack ( over 1 billion...) the "multi" is NOT present on pack :(.
I will try to see if in Jaques station are for sale...
But as a FACT - the carriers do NOT get those ...

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
So to see what is included in Horizons we have to watch a stream focused on Odyssey? They couldn't drop a quick note on a forum or put it in the FAQ?
It was a Supercruise News stream on a Tuesday where they announced the MLC, so no you didn't have to watch a stream "focused on Odyssey". They could have made a thread on it specifically on the forum yes, but they haven't done that for anything else.
The official word from FDEV on Horizons and content going forward is "nothing worth sharing".
This is very disingenuous. Unless you have a citation from Frontier that they have "nothing worth sharing" on Horizons, I'd suggest not using words like that.

This is very disingenuous. Unless you have a citation from Frontier that they have "nothing worth sharing" on Horizons, I'd suggest not using words like that.
Is this citation enough? Zac literally says as soon as we do have something "worth sharing". This is what you referenced earlier in this thread.
Do you have any information on Odyssey on consoles?
There currently isn't any new information to share in terms of Odyssey on consoles. We hear you, as soon as we do have something worth sharing with you, we will. At the moment, work is focused on PC optimisation.

We truly do hope some of these targeted fixes in today's update on some of the issues listed will be a help.

Keeping watch. Have a great day please.

o7

Yeah, great day indeed... stuck at home because of the virus and now the game is unplayable because everytime I try to change utility modules or weapons it immediately crashes to desktop. Always.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of work. It has a second seat, which the Scarab doesn't have. So there are code changes needed for that. Then EDO has a different render engine, so all the textures and shaders have to be redone to fit for the EDH render engine. And those are simply the changes which are obvious.
And we experimented in EDO in the Scorpion. It requires physical multicrew, it doesn't work with telepresence. As such the entire physical multicrew code would have to be ported to EDH. This is not a small task. And you (respectively the EDO players) want to have the coding skills this requires on bug fixes and performance improvements.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Oh, ok then...I'll step back and let you share whatever news you have on the future of Horizons that's different from console-related news.
I don't have any official news on Horizons, because there hasn't been any to my knowledge. But it's a very different question from when will Odyssey be ported to consoles. And not one I would ever dare impersonate Frontier on. Aside from anything else, you'd be crazy not to think that they will merge the UI and other common factors to Horizons before working on the port.

I don't have any official news on Horizons, because there hasn't been any to my knowledge. But it's a very different question from when will Odyssey be ported to consoles. And not one I would ever dare impersonate Frontier on. Aside from anything else, you'd be crazy not to think that they will merge the UI and other common factors to Horizons before working on the port.
Will there be a port?
This is indeed quite up for debate at this point. Frontier isn't quite giving us reason to think otherwise.

If merging is going to be a step towards porting consoles/EDH over to EDO, which I agree with you that it should be, then that would be something worth sharing. As you said, there's no news on Horizons and even though Zac was specifically talking about EDO on consoles in that FAQ, something worth sharing would be the slow merger of EDH with EDO...but he says "as soon as they have something worth sharing." It's all semantics and at the moment I relate EDH/Console to be almost interchangeable. Although we have PC CMDRS who are strictly EDH at the moment they have the option to play EDO, so when FDEV says "console" my mind goes to EDH. Either way here's hoping they show EDH & Consoles some love in the new year.

I believe they've said that some of the UI, planet tech and other elements and improvements from Odyssey will be added to Horizons. That, and combining instancing of both games so we all play together. Of course, we won't be able to disembark and walk around in Horizons as that's an Odyssey thing. What I wouldn't speculate on is if/how this new SRV will show up in Horizons when they combine EDH and EDO.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Will there be a port?
This is indeed quite up for debate at this point. Frontier isn't quite giving us reason to think otherwise.
You can debate it if you want, but I'm fine thanks.

Frontier have stated that their aim is still to bring the game to consoles. The most recent update contained more QoL and small fixes than the previous ones. Some of the Odyssey UI has already started to be migrated over to the Horizons client with this update.

I choose to believe what Frontier say until they say otherwise, you can choose not to that's up to you. But Frontier isn't giving you more of a reason to think it isn't coming, than it is coming. 🤷‍♂️

I believe they've said that some of the UI, planet tech and other elements and improvements from Odyssey will be added to Horizons. That, and combining instancing of both games so we all play together. Of course, we won't be able to disembark and walk around in Horizons as that's an Odyssey thing. What I wouldn't speculate on is if/how this new SRV will show up in Horizons when they combine EDH and EDO.
Yes, I couldn't find a reference to that, but vaguely remember they were going to merge the two. I believe that was when they delayed the console release to the Fall, but before they delayed it indefinitely in July. There was a whisper about it by Sally at one point a few months ago, but they've not really said anything more about it. As far as anyone knows it's delayed along with consoles while they fix EDO on PC (which I totally get needs fixing).

Docked at station, NO Multi controllers available, see the image: ( at class 7 only "normal" controllers)

Elite-Dangerous-Screenshot-2021-12-09-15-13-43-98.png

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
If merging is going to be a step towards porting consoles/EDH over to EDO, which I agree with you that it should be, then that would be something worth sharing. As you said, there's no news on Horizons and even though Zac was specifically talking about EDO on consoles in that FAQ, something worth sharing would be the slow merger of EDH with EDO...but he says "as soon as they have something worth sharing." It's all semantics and at the moment I relate EDH/Console to be almost interchangeable. Although we have PC CMDRS who are strictly EDH at the moment they have the option to play EDO, so when FDEV says "console" my mind goes to EDH. Either way here's hoping they show EDH & Consoles some love in the new year.
One of my accounts is Horizons only, and I've no real interest in buying Odyssey for it so I hope so too. As I said earlier I take the update notes today, combined with the fact that they also started testing the waters of merging the UI as a positive sign. I might be completely wrong, but I hope not.

One of my accounts is Horizons only, and I've no real interest in buying Odyssey for it so I hope so too. As I said earlier I take the update notes today, combined with the fact that they also started testing the waters of merging the UI as a positive sign. I might be completely wrong, but I hope not.
I haven't had a chance to get into the update yet today, what merging of the UI did they do? I might have overlooked it in the notes.

Back
Top Bottom