Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous: Horizons patch 2.0.02

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hey Tazzer-R,
As someone who started out as a fellow explorer there is no reason you need have your excitement dampened by the effort it takes to get up to speed. If you have patience and a cargo scoop I'll hook you up with the 750k you need for your cobra + insurance.

Same here :) @Tazer-R place me in your friend's list and come to the Newcomer's subforum more often, the atmosphere is more helpful to newcomers there.

Give me a break, flying in the vacuum of space is completely different from flying in a thick atmosphere such as the earths, this statement stinks of big noting oneself and a touch of ignorance. i don't know what kind of flight sim your referring too but whatever it was it was not realistic.

Flying in space is actually easier than flying on earth. Because of the lack of a medium, movement is simply newtonian, as we have all learned and calculated in school. No aerodynamics to master that require often complex models in order to understand what is actually happening.

Speeds in E:D are kept very low, so no relativistic effects occur. We have the flight assist mode and the flight model has been "dumbed down" and made arcady even with FA off, in order to make the game even more easier (although more difficult to comprehend at first, as the flight model is counter intuitive).

Flying in space is actually easier than flying on earth. Because of the lack of a medium, movement is simply newtonian, as we have all learned and calculated in school. No aerodynamics to master that require often complex models in order to understand what is actually happening.

Speeds in E:D are kept very low, so no relativistic effects occur. We have the flight assist mode and the flight model has been "dumbed down" and made arcady even with FA off, in order to make the game even more easier (although more difficult to comprehend at first, as the flight model is counter intuitive).

Yes you are absolutely correct, the point i was making was not which is harder, it was that they use a completely different flight dynamic, with little similarity. it will be interesting to see how ED simulate bringing these space craft into an atmosphere, some of the ships are not very aerodynamic. I hope we have inertial dampers for example. it will be fun watching the front of our ships glowing white hot as we pass through the atmosphere faster than we should.
The people that where most irritated by the original statement where people that had flown real aircraft but also found ED challenging in its entirety. there is more to ED-EDH than flight and just because your competent with a so called flight sim does not mean ED-EDH is easy as the poster seemed to insinuate.
So i stand by my comment. I,m also assuming you have not flown an actual spaceship so just how much it is dumped down is unknown. however if you are an actual astronaut i apologize for the last statement.

Shardinara.

Last edited:
Do we need to download a new client for stuff like this? seems like the client itself should handle the update without me re-installing it every other time.

Good work though.

Do we need to download a new client for stuff like this? seems like the client itself should handle the update without me re-installing it every other time.

Good work though.

These days the launcher tells you if you need to update it and then sends you to the web site where the download is (or at least mine did today). It's not exactly an integrated update mechanism but it's a hell of a lot better than it used to be (i.e. when you had to play guess-and-go-hunt).

Bounties for PP 'enemy' NPCs are once again normal amounts, not 200 or 400 creds. Someone probably forgot to 'merge' some code till today's patch :) Oh, boy. Anyway.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom