Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous: Horizons patch 2.0.06

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Could we have a hotfix for the HOTAS binds issue? Anyone with two HID devices (eg: X-55) will constantly lose their throttle unit bindings if they changed anything after the 2.0.0.6 update.

Many people will not notice this issue since they have no reason to change the bindings, but if you do, you will have to re-assign all the throttle bindings every time you launch the game!

Incredibly tedious and annoying...

Last edited:
Could we have a hotfix for the HOTAS binds issue? Anyone with two HID devices (eg: X-55) will constantly lose their throttle unit bindings if they changed anything after the 2.0.0.6 update.

Many people will not notice this issue since they have no reason to change the bindings, but if you do, you will have to re-assign all the throttle bindings every time you launch the game!

Incredibly tedious and annoying...

In the meantime try to save your config file for your control bindings and re-apply them each time you launch the game. Not so good but leave the hassle of reconfiguring the file each time.

Best Patch ever Frontier! Since I only play in VR I can't speak for the 2D's but my gaming experience and vr immersion is great. No stuttering and butter smooth. Thumps up, keep it that way! :D

Last edited:
Oh yeah don't get me wrong - I utterly love the game - it's why I paid for Beta access in the first place because I accept the dev process.

We are all in effect play testing the game for FD so I wonder if (thinking out loud), it would be beneficial for FD to put together a mini "snag list" of the issues that are known. This could be run on a subdomain so that beta players can dive in an see what issues are known and if the dev's could update them with any progress made, that would at least let us all know that stuff is going on and where things are up to.

I'm not in a million years suggesting this be a two way street thing with the players being able to comment on entries in the list - absolutely not, just a simple list with the current status - "Last fix failed - being reviewed", "No progress yet","Should be sorted - in the next update" etc. The primary purpose would be to give us all a place to quickly check on what's happening with bugs etc. and for the up keep of the list to be quick and basic.

You're right in that I'm sure we all want this game to be the best it can be as the potential long term is boggling - but if we are all in this journey together, it'd be nice to be included a bit more and not just taken along for the ride (so to speak).

I've got some web hosting going spare - give me the nod and i'll get it up and running - probably only take me an hour.

Failing that - stick it on the community site...

Last edited:
In the meantime try to save your config file for your control bindings and re-apply them each time you launch the game. Not so good but leave the hassle of reconfiguring the file each time.

Nope, doesn't work that way...

You can copy out a "valid" BINDS file and re-copy it back, but simply launching the game, or selecting the config menu will erase all the bindings. ("erase" is really the wrong term here, since the bindings are in the file, the game just chooses to ignore them!)

It's now a one-shot deal; re-assign all binds and be damned sure you get it right, or you need to do it all over again! But, you'll still have to do it all over again if you quit the game!

This is why this is a critical issue!

Note that the X-55 is TWO completely separate HID "game controller" devices, the stick device is completely unaffected in the controls menu. Only the throttle unit is affected with this bug.

Last edited:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
it would be beneficial for FD to put together a mini "snag list" of the issues that are known. This could be run on a subdomain so that beta players can dive in an see what issues are known and if the dev's could update them with any progress made, that would at least let us all know that stuff is going on and where things are up to.

Do you mean like this:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=211990

:)

Not sure the effort required on FD side to update the list with progress though.

Thanks for the suggestion QuozL, but unfortunately that didn't fix my problem because I don't get the network stream error and I'm not able to actually view any of the installed games on the launcher if I bypass the update message. At face value it seems that it's simply not downloading the latest client from the frontier site, even if I do so manually, but that can't be right or others would have the same issue.

For now I have found that I can workaround it by registering for a Steam key and installing it that way. I'll revisit the non-Steam issue after the next update (in case it's automagically fixed).

Yeah thats it - sort of - pity given that the bug list affects the game and is such an integral part of its development that it is buried away on a forum post though....

you need to UN "FIX" interdiction is it even possible to interdict an NPC now? every damn time i try i get full blue bar then it instantly switches all to red and interdiction fails

so far i've only been playing this game a short time and its been a roller coaster of game play changes, definitely not inspired to pay for any expansion content if this is what we have in the 'finished' game

you need to UN "FIX" interdiction is it even possible to interdict an NPC now? every damn time i try i get full blue bar then it instantly switches all to red and interdiction fails

so far i've only been playing this game a short time and its been a roller coaster of game play changes, definitely not inspired to pay for any expansion content if this is what we have in the 'finished' game

The jumping and instant loss of the interdiction might be caused by network lag. I did observe a close relationship between when the servers are overloaded and the instant loss of an interdiction. Somehow, the network is influencing a lot what's happening in the game, notably the graphic and your framerate, which it shouldn't. It is very possible that it's also affecting the outcome of interdiction. Of course, all of this is speculation because Frontier always stayed mum about why interdictions were so random.

I've also been getting stutters and FPS drops when flying low near the surfaces of planets. Sometimes drops down to 40 FPS. I run 2x970 GTX in sli. Before the patch I never went under 60 fps (v-sync on) when flying low over surfaces. There's also been a nVidia driver update, but that was one day before the patch. Dunno if it might be a combination of these two?

I wanted to understand one thing before was not so, picked up a bounty to have collided with a ship near the station, so far so good, blew my ship, so far so good, but the bounty is still there, just became "dormant" before that did not happen, the ship was blown up and was paid a "fine" can someone explain it to me how it works now?

I wanted to understand one thing before was not so, picked up a bounty to have collided with a ship near the station, so far so good, blew my ship, so far so good, but the bounty is still there, just became "dormant" before that did not happen, the ship was blown up and was paid a "fine" can someone explain it to me how it works now?

Of course, there you go matey:

http://public.psi.id.au/images/elite/bounty-revision.jpg

Greetings commanders! We have an update on the way this morning. We expect for the downtime to last for up to an hour starting at 10AM GMT+0.

Below are the changes! Enjoy!

General Changes
- OSX: Fix OSX users not being able to save bindings
- Stop excessive wheel damage causing an insta-kill on the SRV
- Fix for an error in Ship Landing Sensors
- If a POI spawner gets replicated to us and we are on a platform that does not support it, then put it into an invalid state which will cause it to do nothing
- Fix for data link scanner not scanning when the option 'Firing deploys hardpoints' is disabled
- i Sola Prospect in the Brestla star system now always stocks all ships and modules
- Never display the online/offline status of members of large private groups
- Fix the level of demand shown in Commodity Markets when the stock level reaches 0
- Various server performance and reliability improvements

Close Quarters Combat
- Fix an error on the server when a Deathmatch game starts
- Fix the splash at the end of a game showing incorrect results
- Fix the team balancing to account for player rank correctly
- Fix a server error for when a player joins shortly after the lobby enters the initialising state
- Make sure we don't mark a CQC game as about to end when its in the loading state
- Adjusted how teams are set up in CQC games so make them more balanced
- If someone joins a CQC match when the current game has less than 1 minute left, then have them wait on the lobby screen for the next match instead of joining a game about to end
- Hold on to CQC spawn points for longer to avoid spawning on top of a ship
- Lowered the min damage threshold for getting an assist on a player in CQC
- Remove the first blood bonus from capture the flag mode
- Remove the highest score bonus from free-for-all games as the highest score will be the winner, so they ended up double dipping for XP when winning
- When you accept a pending CQC invite, then decline any other invite you have
- Fix CQC Loadouts not always being saved

Translations
- Updated translations for some languages.

Server Side Changes
- Fixed some missing Powerplay system effects
- Updated galactic mean commodity prices

Hi

The power play fix did not work.

The fix did not fix power play it just broke stuff even more and last cycle was a waste of time and has ruined a players enjoyment.

Antal are missing atleast two expansions this cycle, as a result Devata Baru and Brynhilo millions of credits and wasted time.

Please add them urgently.

You can copy out a "valid" BINDS file and re-copy it back, but simply launching the game, or selecting the config menu will erase all the bindings. ("erase" is really the wrong term here, since the bindings are in the file, the game just chooses to ignore them!)

It's now a one-shot deal; re-assign all binds and be damned sure you get it right, or you need to do it all over again! But, you'll still have to do it all over again if you quit the game!

Note that the X-55 is TWO completely separate HID "game controller" devices, the stick device is completely unaffected in the controls menu. Only the throttle unit is affected with this bug.

I'm sorry, but as an X-55 owner, I don't have this problem.

1 - set up the binds, if you change anything from the standard X-55 set up, you are now using "custom.binds" file

2 - copy the binds file "custom.binds" to a safe place.

3 - for ease of use, rename file to something like "myx55.binds"

4 - IMPORTANT: open the binds file in a text editor (it's an XML file), there is a line two or three down where you change the text string from "custom" to "My super duper controls"

5 - copy back to default binds location.

6 - there is now an item in the list of configurations called "My super duper controls", when you enter options/controls, load this after every update

EDIT: I also have the MadCatz software installed, if that makes a difference, but I don't use the programming part of it

Last edited:

I'm sorry, but as an X-55 owner, I don't have this problem.

1 - set up the binds, if you change anything from the standard X-55 set up, you are now using "custom.binds" file

2 - copy the binds file "custom.binds" to a safe place.

3 - for ease of use, rename file to something like "myx55.binds"

4 - IMPORTANT: open the binds file in a text editor (it's an XML file), there is a line two or three down where you change the text string from "custom" to "My super duper controls"

5 - copy back to default binds location.

6 - there is now an item in the list of configurations called "My super duper controls", when you enter options/controls, load this after every update

EDIT: I also have the MadCatz software installed, if that makes a difference, but I don't use the programming part of it

As a X52 owner, never had this problem either. I even copied my X52 binding file from my Mac partition to the Windows partition and it worked right away.

Awesome, how about a fix for the NPC's next?
Im at Jaques station and when there ready to leave they just hang around in the station till the station blows them up.. i hanged around for a while and just started watching them.
edb0c0b6193ce601ede0e37f061e82b8.gif

e75c7c77099fd2e8bffad49aadf042bc.gif

6ab4bd77ae74575ee96bd337f52de551.gif

Awesome, how about a fix for the NPC's next?
Im at Jaques station and when there ready to leave they just hang around in the station till the station blows them up.. i hanged around for a while and just started watching them.
... and the NPC scanning in kamikaze-style should be fixed ASAP, too. PLEASE

Again this cycle too. Antal is missing a valid expansion to Brynhilo and millions of credits and wasted time. I dont know if this is the same bug brought in by the 2.06 fixes or a new bug because there was no cycle change announcement either. Please can the powers get the valid expansions etc. that players put effort in to.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom