Release Elite Dangerous HUD Mod (EDHM)

Hallo!
I just wanted to send a message toward @GeorjCostanza - OP and creator of this mod.

I LOVE THIS!!!!!

This is great, man! It took a bit of tinkering but I got everything how I like it - the cyan/blue target indicators are much easier on the eyes than the old orange, the console is quite restful. With F5 and F6 I can lower cabin lights to 'off' and lower console brightness - the beauty of space really shows through the canopy. It's lovely!

This is a really great mod and I can't recommend it enough.
Thank you!

Man, I‘m reeeaaaallly hoping Frontier sneak some options like this into Odyssey ... I’m on PS4 and not only does the bright orange get on my nerves it’s actually burnt in on my OLED ... a nice muted blue would be so much better!!

Fantastic! Having used the old version this is a breath of fresh air. Where do I find a way to save the configuration so I don't have to set it up every time I logo. Tia.

Fantastic! Having used the old version this is a breath of fresh air. Where do I find a way to save the configuration so I don't have to set it up every time I logo. Tia.

Hi CMDR, you can set your startup preferences in the d3dx.ini file located in the elite-dangerous-64 folder.

When you open the file in a text editor (I recommend Notepad++ with the Obsidian theme), you'll see this:

Default-constants.jpg

Where I've maked the green arrows you change the w = to your preference.

For example, if you want Tie Fighter Red as your default lighting, change w4 = 2, and then save the file.

I hope that makes sense, but please let me know if you need any more help with that, as it's a pain to go through all the different options each time you load Elite

Elite Dangerous HUD Mod v1.32 (FPS Update) is now available for download

Download Link

The update addresses FPS drops some CMDRs experience. Through a lot of testing we discovered it was most likely due to the fancy targeting reticle, and the suppression of proximity red warning lights.

You can still use the fancy reticle and turn off the warning lights, but now they're optional extras. I've also made improvements to the cabin lighting code and a few other minor tweaks to increase overall FPS.

If you're still experiencing huge FPS drops or stutters with this update then it's more likely you have software on your system that conflicts with the modding software, 3Dmigoto. Please see the Readme file for troubleshooting suggestions, or contact me via PM if you'd like to work through an issue specific to your PC.

I hope you enjoy the mod!

o7

EDHM-132.jpg

Last edited:
Quick question: so I gather the mod uses the function keys by default to change the various effects. Is that easy to alter? (only I already have the function keys bound to various VA commands of my own and I don't want them to clash). I dare say I can find this out for myself when I install it but I'd like to be prepared.

I've read through the documentation, the Reddit threads and here.

I'm either the stupidest Cmdr ever or I've missed it.

Is there any way to change the Combat HUD from the baseline Purple?

I've read through the documentation, the Reddit threads and here.

I'm either the stupidest Cmdr ever or I've missed it.

If you mean the basic colors in EDHM, no, I guess not at the moment.
But they are working on a possibility to set their own colors.

Quick question: so I gather the mod uses the function keys by default to change the various effects. Is that easy to alter?

Yeah you can bind them to whatever key you like. Just load the d3dx.ini into a text editor.

This link lists the valid key codes:

Hi CMDR, I haven't made a customisable shader for the combat HUD lines yet. I've been working on the latest update, but now that's done I'll focus on building colour calibration tables for each element. Unfortunately each element has a different calibration and takes about 3 hours to make, so I'm slowly adding them here:

But I can let you know when I've done the combat hud lines .. it's a little complicated as it involves two separate shaders, but I'm sure we can work it out

Hi CMDR, I haven't made a customisable shader for the combat HUD lines yet. I've been working on the latest update, but now that's done I'll focus on building colour calibration tables for each element. Unfortunately each element has a different calibration and takes about 3 hours to make, so I'm slowly adding them here:

But I can let you know when I've done the combat hud lines .. it's a little complicated as it involves two separate shaders, but I'm sure we can work it out

I shall keep an eye out for that, I am glad to see that it is not something that already exists and I'm just too dumb to figure it out.

I would love to turn my Combat lines Red or Green so I await the results of your work with interest.

Do you have a Patreon or Kofi account so I could say thankyou properly for all the hard work?

I would love to turn my Combat lines Red or Green so I await the results of your work with interest.

Ok I'll make the combat lines my next priority, I might be able to get them on the Github within 24hrs if IRL doesn't hold me back :)

Do you have a Patreon or Kofi account so I could say thankyou properly for all the hard work?

That's a very kind offer, but not necessary. I just like seeing people happy with their new HUDs

o7

When the complete set of shaders is ready for customisation, would you like to be the lead dev for modding the colours to be suitable for CMDRs with colour blindness?

I understand there's a few different types of colour blindness, and you could get a complete set ready for each type. Shouldn't take too long, and we could start a colour blindness channel on the EDHM discord if that helps?

Sure, I'd be happy to help as much as I can since I'm not really a coder. Shoot me a DM here or on Reddit with the Discord if it isn't in the thread yet. (Haven't caught up so I might have missed it.)

Ok I'll make the combat lines my next priority, I might be able to get them on the Github within 24hrs if IRL doesn't hold me back :)

That's a very kind offer, but not necessary. I just like seeing people happy with their new HUDs

o7
That is very magnanimous of you Commander!
I'm going to try out your application when I get home today.
o7

Is there any way to add keys combinations like Rigth Control + F2 to cycle through shield colours in the d3dx.ini ?
I tried to do that by adding line like: Key = VK_RCONTROL+VK_F2 but that didn`t work.
It is impossible?

Hi CMDR, it's good you mentioned the key bindings as I did some experimentation (there isn't a manual for the modding software)

If you'd like to use a modifier key, put a space between the modifier and the target key

Also, we don't need to use the VK_ prefix. Maybe it was a carryover from a previous version of the software.

Modifiers

shift = either shift key
ctrl = either ctrl key
alt = either alt key

lshift = left shift key
lctrl = left ctrl key
lalt = left alt key

rshift = right shift key
rctrl = right ctrl key
ralt = right alt key

Examples:

rctrl F2 = right CTRL plus F2

alt NUMPAD4 = either ALT plus NUMPAD 4

lshift lctrl F5 = left SHIFT plus left CTRL plus F5

I hope that helps!

Just wanted to add my thanks. I was using the old style (corn silk blue) colour changer which didn't affect the portraits but messed with the radar blips and what should have been red text was seriously faded (nigh on invisible) blue text against a blue background - I'd look at it and think, 'at least I know somethings not great'.
I stupidly couldn't get it working as I installed it into the EliteDangerous folder rather than the EliteDangerous64 which was hidden inside the products folder (even tho I read that bit in the instructions). My brain just went, 'got to the ED folder, install...' (my brains lazy like that) and Fdevs folder structure is weird, may be worth underlining that bit in the instructions :)...
Amazing that you managed to do what Fdev reckoned would need a complete graphics sub system rewrite... recode... rejig... overhaul!

Greetings o7

I had Finished the development of the User Interface for EDHM Mod:

AppPreview_1.2.2.png

With this App you can:
  • Build and Save your Visual theme.
  • Visually Preview all of your Choices.
  • Enable or Disable the Mod.
  • Set the Key Bindings for in game functionality.
  • Install the Mod and handle its Updates, also Restore it when missing.
This App comes Packed with the latest v1.32 of EDHM, so if you are a new user, this will Install the Mod for you, if you have an old version, the App has an "Import Update" Menú that will catch the Update from wherever you have it and directly install it in game.

When you First Install this App it will ask you for the Elite Dangerous Game Directory, which is where the Mod will be installed.

We have plans to further Enhance this GUI App to allow you players to fully customize pretty much all of the EDHM options, but it is a long and complicated task, be patient, stay tuned.

Regards.

Download: https://github.com/BlueMystical/EDHM_UI/releases

Top Bottom