Elite Dangerous Legacy (3.8) Is Now Available | IMPORTANT RELEASE INFORMATION

Last week I was able to log in to Live on one PC and Legacy on another with the intention of making simultaneous carrier jumps. Now I find that I can be logged into only one of these games at a time using the same account credentials. Has some FDEV policy changed?

Hi, since update 14 I haven't played the Legacy version. Today I did and logged in Legacy and after selecting continue > Solo (or Open), then it shows this message:

1670384625823.png

I select Cancel, because I don't know if this is going to damage the Live version. Is it safe to select Continue to go in Legacy?

Another question: Yesterday I changed the scheme in Live, trying to learn cold orbit and FA off, but I want to go to the previous scheme (I have a xbox controller as my main and some keyboard keys). I can go in legacy in the Tutorial and it works with the old scheme. In the option in legacy the control are in only one screen, but in Live there are 3 screens: general, ship, srv. Where do I find the binding scheme for Legacy?.

thanks!

Another question: Yesterday I changed the scheme in Live, trying to learn cold orbit and FA off, but I want to go to the previous scheme (I have a xbox controller as my main and some keyboard keys). I can go in legacy in the Tutorial and it works with the old scheme. In the option in legacy the control are in only one screen, but in Live there are 3 screens: general, ship, srv. Where do I find the binding scheme for Legacy?.

thanks!
Legacy contnues to have only a single binding title listed at the very top... of the LONG list of controlls and you can only select a single one from the list which it did before...
If you ever changed any of the controls that list is called custom then after you changed it...

Legacy Horizons never changed as it never got on foot content so was never split...
Capture.PNG

Hi, since update 14 I haven't played the Legacy version. Today I did and logged in Legacy and after selecting continue > Solo (or Open), then it shows this message:

1670384625823.png

I select Cancel, because I don't know if this is going to damage the Live version. Is it safe to select Continue to go in Legacy?
This all means you parked your ship in an EDO exclusive location.... A walkies base or planet... before the galaxy was copied....
It was requiring permission to relocate you because those assets you were on don't exist in legacy....
So you would spawn the ship on on foot in a place or location that does not exist so instead of spawning you to were you would instant die due to the ship now spawning inside the planet or you floating of into space and dieing as you wont have the EDO suit on Its asking to teleport you to your ship at a new location...

If you ever changed any of the controls that list is called custom then after you changed it...

In the bindings folder there are 2 custom files and its backups, should I use the named Custom.3.0.binds and make a copy with the name Custom.4.binds? (making a backup before) I was using the same scheme from 3.8 in H4.

1670388736094.png

This all means you parked your ship in an EDO exclusive location.... A walkies base or planet... before the galaxy was copied....
It was requiring permission to relocate you because those assets you were on don't exist in legacy....
So you would spawn the ship on on foot in a place or location that does not exist so instead of spawning you to were you would instant die due to the ship now spawning inside the planet or you floating of into space and dieing as you wont have the EDO suit on Its asking to teleport you to your ship at a new location...
Ok, thanks so I'll try the copy option. I don't have Ody tho, I landed the ship in H4 before the split in one of the planets in the system where Taranis arrived and where the game let me land. Not A 1 A, I think it was planet a5.

Edit: now I remember, I was in a Scorpio SRV, that must be!

There is no Legacy Odyssey, and no Odyssey prior to 4.0.

There is legacy Horizons and Legacy Elite Dangerous, which has no planet surface content at all.
I understand, so if one wants to continue with Odyssey but with the old BGS system without the Thargoids, is it no longer possible?
I understood that they had created the Legacy Odyssey BGS old version, in order to continue without the Thargoid invasion, while Live will have the Thargoid invasion.

Last edited:
I understand, so if one wants to continue with Odyssey but with the old BGS system without the Thargoids, is it no longer possible?

Correct.

I understood that they had created the Legacy BGS 3.8 version to be able to continue with the old system, but also on Odyssey.

There was never any plan or announcement to this effect. Odyssey is the new product and was always going to be the new storyline.

The only reason there is even a legacy mode at all is due to still outstanding technical issues that forced a fragmentation of the player base.

Hello Cmdrs,

It must have been posted somewhere already, but as always, I don't find it so I need to ask it (again).
Is the BGS on the Horizons Legacy the same as on OD or is it also separated now like with the consoles?

O7

Back
Top Bottom