Release Elite: Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I use TCE with EDMC but I am getting a constant frontier pop-up asking for me to enter my log-in details. I enter them but it is a never ending cycle

Hi there...I use EDMC and Omniscanner.

For some reason, Omniscanner no longer works.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can troubleshoot or fix?

Many thanks,
Clicker

I have been using EDMC for about 6 months. Now, all of a sudden, it just closes by itself after about an hour of gameplay. I can re-open it after it closes itself but it only stays open for about 10 mins and exits again. Any insight?

@gsxrspankya1 If you're using a Windows operating system please have a look at the event monitor. A few CMDRs (including me) have this problem caused by the file tcl85.dll. This issue is also reported on github: https://github.com/Marginal/EDMarketConnector/issues/467

Additional info from me:
I have this issue for almost 1 year - maybe since end of March last year ...
In most cases it happens a few seconds after I arrive in my target system. As long as I'm on the route and there is still more than 1 jump to my destination EDMC still works normal.

edit:
On Windows with german localisation it looks like this:
1583650256611.png

Attachments

• 1583650225971.png
    1583650225971.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
For those of you who have been waiting for a new release of EDMC to address any bugs, issues and game changes, good news!

Due to a lack of time to continue with maintenance at this point Marginal (also known as Otis on the Discord) has kindly transferred ownership of this github repository to the EDCD Organisation.

EDCD has some volunteers ready to take over maintenance, so over the next few days you can expect at least one fresh release to get things fully transferred (necessary to change the URL that EDMC uses to check for new versions). After that we'll work hard at getting all of the Pull Requests addressed before moving on to any other outstanding Issues.

Initially I will be the principle maintainer and releaser before passing the reins over to "LCU No Fool Like One" who has kindly agreed to take over as primary maintainer.

Any questions or further offers of help can be posted here or directed to the Discord #edmc channel on the EDCD server: https://discord.gg/usQ5e6n

One thing that I should note is that this change of maintainership will mean dropping all support for the old Python 2.7 version, so all plugins will need to be updated to work with the Python 3.7 branch's code. Furthermore we'll also not be releasing MacOs installers any more, as we don't have access to the hardware to produce them.

One thing that I should note is that this change of maintainership will mean dropping all support for the old Python 2.7 version, so all plugins will need to be updated to work with the Python 3.7 branch's code. Furthermore we'll also not be releasing MacOs installers any more, as we don't have access to the hardware to produce them.
Thank you Athan for stepping up. I wouldn't worry about the MacOS installers since the game no longer runs there.

Thank you Athan for stepping up. I wouldn't worry about the MacOS installers since the game no longer runs there.
You'd think that, but you'll find some weirdos running EDMC on a MacOS machine with the Journal files available over file sharing.... I've already had one person ask me if I'd be interested in resolving the issue (lack of hardware) with that. But for the time being, Windows installer for the python3 branch only. GitHub will continue to automatically generate the zip and tar.gz 'Source Code' files per release as well.

Posting a day late, but there's a minor new version available. Note that the only real functional change in this new version is to change the 'Check for updates' URL to one that the new maintainers control. There are also some minor edits to the URLs used for other items on the Help menu. Thus it should run identically to 3.43. Be sure any issues aren't due to a plugin before reporting. Yesterday someone updating reported issues due to the 'Hutton' plugin, but it turned out a server which it utilises was having issues!

----------
Release 3.44

Due to a lack of time to give the project the attention it needs Marginal has handed over ownership of the EDMarketConnector GitHub repository to the EDCD (Elite Dangerous Community Developers) organisation.

Initially Athanasius will now be responsible for maintaining the code, including addressing any Pull Requests and Issues, and making releases. Unfortunately he has no access to hardware running MacOS so can't easily generate builds for that platform or test them. So for the time being releases will be for Windows 10 only (as the build is done on Windows 10 and only tested on Windows 10, previous versions might still work, but no guarantees). MacOS users are advised to look into running from source (see Running from source).

Going forwards the intention is to move to the python 3.7 code as soon as possible. To facilitate this there will be one more python 2.7 release in addition to this one, with the main aim of that being to add code to alert the user about any plugins they use that have apparently not been updated to run under python 3.7.

See the project GitHub repository's README.md for further information.
  • Version increased to 3.4.4.0 / 3.44.
  • URL the application checks for updates changed to point to github
----------

Otis hasn't yet updated the old "check for updates" URL to point to this, so you won't be getting the update automatically. Edit: He replaced it with the contents of the new URL around 22:22 UTC, so automatic updates should be offered now. Otherwise please head to EDMC Release 3.44 to grab the .msi file and install it.

I'm now working on a final Python 2.7-based release before moving EDMC over to Python 3.7. That is planned to be version 3.46 (because I burned 3.45 making sure the auto update from 3.44 is all working) and will include fixes for known bugs, support for Carrier jumps, and code to alert you if any of your plugins aren't ready for the transition to Python 3.7.

If all goes well that 3.46 release will be available tomorrow (and 3.44 will offer it automatically, or if you use Help > "Check for updates").

The first release using Python 3.7 will then be a week or two later. At least a week so as to give users time to update their plugins if needed, especially if they have to contact plugin authors to actually update the plugin code. I'm still undecided on whether this will be version 3.60 (3.50 was used for python3 pre-release, and since then some people have forked versions and bumped them up as far as 3.52) or go all the way to 4.00. Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion!

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom