Elite: Dangerous Mega Survey Results

But biased in which direction?
Are Mobius players more or less likely to be on Reddit and respond to surveys?
Are they evangelical about PGs and likely to recruit friends to complete the survey?

Self-selecting surveys like this are great because you can agree with all the conclusions you approve of and discount the others as being biased. Everyone's a winner! :D

Only open evangelists read reddit. It's a PvP swamp.
The redditors saying they are in PG are either in organised PvP or griefing.
The ones in Solo either recently lost their exploited god rolls or are lost.

The majority of players don't play in open regularly. Open is the winner when a Plurality is considered, but the poll shows that Solo and PG have more users than open. The statement: "The majority of players don;t play in open" is correct. In the end it doesn't even matter.

Thank you.

Wow, a poll comprised of redit users. Big surprise here. :rolleyes:

Now if you want a more accurate poll, you contact ALL of the users of game. Not just some that hang out on one website. In the current context, your numbers are meaningless, unless you are just trying to prove the worth of Open.

Whatever...moving on.

Am I in the wrong swamp or what?

46325400.jpg

Am I in the wrong swamp or what?
Potentially. Remember of course that Cambridge, home of FDev is on fenland, and therefore also in a swamp, technically... So there are a few. There's also the mire of noobdom and the much discussed mile-wide inch-deep marshes. How this explains the mountains of learning curve or the money-pits is anyone's guess though.

Wow, a poll comprised of redit users. Big surprise here. :rolleyes:

Now if you want a more accurate poll, you contact ALL of the users of game. Not just some that hang out on one website. In the current context, your numbers are meaningless, unless you are just trying to prove the worth of Open.

Whatever...moving on.

Reading the actual, pretty lengthy, post (where I explain stuff) would help avoiding making foolish statements.

Does it show us how many people like custard?

If it doesn't then maybe they should do another and include the custard question?

What I found funny is that - other than Thargoids - most of the future features people want are the things pushed off into the distance (atmospheric worlds, more ships, space legs) while the core/QoL improvements - that FD has prioritised - are generally further down the list.

It's like we flip-flop on what we want, based on whoever is posting the most ​shiny.

Reading the actual, pretty lengthy, post (where I explain stuff) would help avoiding making foolish statements.

If it were worth reading, I would have. Stopped when I realized I was reading a thread on redit. As for foolish statements, this place is rife with them. What's one more? (your opinion of course)

No way am I clicking on a reddit link. If the post is not here, it might as well not exist.

Yea, I had to go wash my hands after realizing what I had just clicked on. LOL... ;)

lol, go ahead and facepalm all you want.
Sit there in ignorance, pretending that 6,168 Open players has the majority over 6,433 players who do not play in Open.

Heavens above, if any of you lot tried to come with your arguments in my government you'd get laughed out of the building.

The survey is not related to governments or politics. It isn't a yes or no question either. It's also not PG + Solo vs Open. It's Open vs PG vs Solo.

Well, that's a comfort.

He is not the only one ;)

Top Bottom