ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Announcement

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Tell the truth, did you hold your breath or time your real breaths to match the cadence of the character's breaths? I know I've done both when losing a canopy in VR 😂
It certainly gave me a sudden reminder of depth perception 😁 It (appropriately) took my breath away in a “hooo...coool” sort of fashion and then the Remlok gave me immediate memories of the few times I’ve worn ELSA (basically a plastic hood with air bottle, used for escaping smoke filled ships) which, again appropriately, had a similar duration to my Cobra’s life support.

It certainly gave me a sudden reminder of depth perception 😁 It (appropriately) took my breath away in a “hooo...coool” sort of fashion and then the Remlok gave me immediate memories of the few times I’ve worn ELSA (basically a plastic hood with air bottle, used for escaping smoke filled ships) which, again appropriately, had a similar duration to my Cobra’s life support.
Like you, I've got something of a marine background having worked on oil rigs for over a decade, through which I've used both escape and rescue sets. The ELSA's were continuous flow feeding a polybag "escape hood", but I have also used SABRE escape sets with a rigid "gas mask" and on demand valve, theyreally sound like the remlock breathing.

There still appears to be no answer from @Arthur Tolmie to the question. Does FDev have a dedicated VR development team/individual looking at VR in Odyssey and bug fixes in Horizons or is it just when one of the developers has some spare time they look at VR. Sorry to keep asking the same question Arthur but an answer to this would give us an indication as to the future possibility of VR sooner rather than later.

What's so hard about answering this question? NOTHING.

It's not like he has to wait 3 months for an answer.

It's obvious that there is no dedicated VR team / employee. If there was, he would have obviously told us this already.
There isn't so he won't. If he did tell us the truth - it would hurt sales and be bad PR.

Fdev is all about PR stunts.

It's not like he has to wait 3 months for an answer.

It's obvious that there is no dedicated VR team / employee. If there was, he would have obviously told us this already.
There isn't so he won't. If he did tell us the truth - it would hurt sales and be bad PR.

Fdev is all about PR stunts.
Don't pretend you know all the factors at play. There may be another "less conspiratorial" reason why he hasn't answered that question. I don't know what it is, but neither do you. Be patient and don't jump to conclusions.

Like you, I've got something of a marine background having worked on oil rigs for over a decade, through which I've used both escape and rescue sets. The ELSA's were continuous flow feeding a polybag "escape hood", but I have also used SABRE escape sets with a rigid "gas mask" and on demand valve, theyreally sound like the remlock breathing.
Aye, I’ve also had plenty of time in firefighting BA over my Naval career - in the 90’s the training at the fire school involved big metal fake-sections-of-ships with different levels and compartments, and they would get set on fire, left to cook for a bit, then you’d go in as teams to put it all out. The greasy smoke left you caked even though you had all the gear on and at the end of the day everyone looked like they were wearing eye-liner, even after a shower 😅

If an air bottle whistle goes off when in Remlok, then I’ll have a bit of a flap 😁

Are we ENTITLED to an answer to that question? I mean I know you seem to feel you're entitled to it, but are any of us really?

And it's not a question about features - which will eventually be answered by fdev in their own marketing-dictated time - but instead a question about staffing and probably commercial decisions.

If you're a shareholder, I'd say you might be entitled to an answer in a shareholder meeting.

Deleted member 121570

D
Are we ENTITLED to an answer to that question? I mean I know you seem to feel you're entitled to it, but are any of us really?

And it's not a question about features - which will eventually be answered by fdev in their own marketing-dictated time - but instead a question about staffing and probably commercial decisions.

If you're a shareholder, I'd say you might be entitled to an answer in a shareholder meeting.

Why does it matter whether we're entitled to an answer? We're entitled to ask questions, individually or collectively. They're entitled to not answer, and we're entitled to be annoyed by the lack of answer and absence of information.

The more reasonable the question, the more unreasonable the absence of a response appears.

Whether you consider any question, answer or lack thereof reasonable is entirely your own call. Differences of opinion are to be expected.

Why do you care?

Why does it matter whether we're entitled to an answer? We're entitled to ask questions, individually or collectively. They're entitled to not answer, and we're entitled to be annoyed by the lack of answer and absence of information.

The more reasonable the question, the more unreasonable the absence of a response appears.

Whether you consider any question, answer or lack thereof reasonable is entirely your own call. Differences of opinion are to be expected.

Why do you care?
I didn't say you couldn't ask a question, I asked if we are entitled to an answer to an internal staffing question. I suspect not.

I don't care, I find it funny.

Aye, I’ve also had plenty of time in firefighting BA over my Naval career - in the 90’s the training at the fire school involved big metal fake-sections-of-ships with different levels and compartments, and they would get set on fire, left to cook for a bit, then you’d go in as teams to put it all out. The greasy smoke left you caked even though you had all the gear on and at the end of the day everyone looked like they were wearing eye-liner, even after a shower 😅

If an air bottle whistle goes off when in Remlok, then I’ll have a bit of a flap 😁
You'd be fine! (There's no sound in a vacuum so you'd never hear it to get worried by it.)

He has been extra quiet, maybe on annual leave
Or maybe he's gone native, and is about to become as mute as the others in the CM team? - I hope I'm wrong on this one :-(

People in here are not entitled to the devs wasting their time answering questions you probably wrote while shrieking behind the keyboard. Stop being crybabies and go to bed kiddies

Deleted member 121570

D
People in here are not entitled to the devs wasting their time answering questions you probably wrote while shrieking behind the keyboard. Stop being crybabies and go to bed kiddies

You seem very worked-up indeed. Maybe try yoga, or have a nice cup of tea, or something. Whatever floats your boat.

Nobody's entitled to do anything except ask, and comment as they see fit. Maybe they'll get a reply, maybe they won't. It is a forum, after all.

If they don't get a response/info, then they're entitled to feel however they like and comment upon that too - just the same as you're entitled to apparently get all triggered by people having the sheer temerity to want replies to questions they've asked, and I'm entitled to laugh at your outraged hyperbole.

You seem very worked-up indeed. Maybe try yoga, or have a nice cup of tea, or something. Whatever floats your boat.

Nobody's entitled to do anything except ask, and comment as they see fit. Maybe they'll get a reply, maybe they won't. It is a forum, after all.

If they don't get a response/info, then they're entitled to feel however they like and comment upon that too - just the same as you're entitled to apparently get all triggered by people having the sheer temerity to want replies to questions they've asked, and I'm entitled to laugh at your outraged hyperbole.
Yes we must preserve freedom of expression by all means. 🧐

🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠😷

I just can't understand how threads get toxic... Not with well reasoned and polite posts like this.

Anyone would think this is a discussion forum specifically for asking questions and getting opinions.

Even more outrageous is that some think community liasons are employed to converse with the community. Such madness :D

(Note this is not a complained about Arthur going awol for a week. There are plenty of reasons that could be and it is too soon for me to polish my pitchfork on that just yet, besides my pitchfork is currently in use elsewhere)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom