ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Announcement

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yeah, true. I'm expecting it to be a deeper dive into one aspect of the expansion. I doubt it will be an overview of the whole thing.

We will have to see really. If it were me, I'd frame this first diary / show with an overview of whats coming (broad strokes), and use the time going forward to explore / tease each section rather than focus too early. People need to be won back and only showing one aspect like a FPS will turn some away early when you want eyes and ears.

I predict broad strokes vision behind the expansion, with some footage running the background that may give us hints.

Lists of things that will be included in EDO ... will not be included :sneaky:

I would expect we might see at least a short sequence showing first person, you'd think? With a blue sky.

I'm actually more/as interested to see if there are any sequences shown that show what we currently have, ie in cockpit seated view. Is it the same? Is it ... reworked?

I predict broad strokes vision behind the expansion, with some footage running the background that may give us hints.

Lists of things that will be included in EDO ... will not be included :sneaky:

I would expect we might see at least a short sequence showing first person, you'd think? With a blue sky.

I'm actually more/as interested to see if there are any sequences shown that show what we currently have, ie in cockpit seated view. Is it the same? Is it ... reworked?

If Adam / Stephen / FD don't tell me about the state of Powerplay after all this time, I'm going to climb through the screen and ask them in person Ringu style :D

1597347993797.png

If its scrapped at least the voices stop. Its the zombie state its in that is the horrible part- while things like the BGS get incremental improvements, Powerplay is still using five year old mechanics and rewards.
In all seriousness I hope the fact we are going to be expected to pay for this update, the first time since Horizons, means we should know before buying what the answers are to your question, as well as certainty over VR or not.

That tickled me :)

Which is just as well as the rest of the posts last night were a bit nonsensical.

The "Launch Price" of a new generation of console would be about the same money as an entry level gaming PC, which would be to an extent VR capable, so rather than buy a X-Box series X to replace your XB1, consider a PC, I'd be happy to give you some pointers on getting most bang for your buck on a decent gaming pc at console price point - PM me if you want.

PC gaming also has the advantage that once its getting a bit tardy, and struggles to run newer games, you can plug in some upgrades, like a better graphics card or more ram, new CPU, etc. Where as a Console's spec is set in stone and will become obsolete when they release the next iteration, and suddenly the new games only come out for the new generation, but the PC will always be able to play new games, might have to minimize all the settings if its an eight year old potato PC trying run a new game, but the platform has ways and means of making such unholy matrimonies work.

I am aware that the next gen console is similar in price to a low end entry gaming pc. And I've been thinking about getting a gaming PC at some point.

However I don't have the space for one as I've used a laptop for the past 10 years for all my computer needs. Even one or two who were somewhat useful for gaming.
I've owned an xbox for a similar timeframe. Mostly because friends of mine had one too so i could play with them. And the laptops i owned back then were reasonable able to run the games i played.

I appreciate the offer for helping with a game PC, and when the time comes I might take you up on it (although my brother-in-law also has offered to help me when the time comes). However for now I have set my eye upon getting the new Xbox a little while after it drops. Since I'm going to use it more frequently than a laptop/pc, because Halo.

But mostly I am hoping Odyssey will deliver on our expectations for it, but I doubt it....

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom