ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Announcement

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
This is disappointing. I started ED to be a commander, not a pedestrian. If I wanted to walk around I'd be playing Halo or Call of Duty. If this goes the way I think it will, it will completely ruin the game for me. If I do stick around, I'll probably get my jollies mowing down fools on the ground with my ship. This is just stupid.
Why? If you don't want to do it, don't.
I'm a space trader but I have to put up with people trying to kill me and adjust my game accordingly.
No different with Space legs

Last edited:
This is disappointing. I started ED to be a commander, not a pedestrian. If I wanted to walk around I'd be playing Halo or Call of Duty. If this goes the way I think it will, it will completely ruin the game for me. If I do stick around, I'll probably get my jollies mowing down fools on the ground with my ship. This is just stupid.

Bummer man! Unfortunately for you and many others that hold this viewpoint, this is how the game was envisaged from the very beginning. The CEO of Frontier, David Braben, in the earliest videos on this game during the Kickstarter campaign explicitly stated that “you will be able to get out of your seat and you will be able to walk around”. The ability to get out of your seat was part of the plan from the very beginning.

I am incredibly happy that David and team are making good on that promise from so many years ago.

I mean I've been waiting for Atmospheric Landings since Horizons was announced. But that doesn't mean I understand that video any more 😂

I understood it without question, I'd been doing just that all day, my voice box is killing me and I'm pretty sure no one wants to talk to me anymore.... but I'm still happy!!

Just like playing in Open, or engaging in Power-play & Interstellar Initiatives, I expect the First Person Walking/Shooting aspect will be something you can choose not to engage with, if you so desire. I do hope they use this next Expansion as an opportunity to provide us with more ground vehicles too, as well as the ability to modify our Scarabs.

I hoped for atmos on barren lifeless planets so this pretty much fills my expetations....good job FD my hand is on the way to the wallet!
I hope there will be thicker atmos and water worlds involved aswell challenging and dangerous atmo re-entry!

I missed the pre-order for ED.
And now I'm forced to chisel LTD at $5 billion.
How do I pre-order an Odyssey so I don't have to chisel the LTD for a gun in the Odyssey with a demolition hammer?

I missed the pre-order for ED.
And now I'm forced to chisel LTD at $5 billion.
How do I pre-order an Odyssey so I don't have to chisel the LTD for a gun in the Odyssey with a demolition hammer?

Nobody is making you do anything, in or out of the game...

The blue sky with faint space bodies definitely means atmosphere.
Slowly getting closer to this original atmospheric concept art, hopefully more types of bases and SRVs are also on the cards. ;)

View attachment 175462

Of course they are. That's where you'll have to go to buy your space legs suit modules and check out the cash shop visual modding for them

There'll also be unique engineer bases to unlock by doing things like walking for 5000 km and getting 1000 headshots on Thargoids.

I'm pretty sure they'll try to make the classic fade that happens both for the SRV and the fighters, It's pretty lame and absolute garbage indeed, but if they were to actually let us walk inside our spaceships, they'd have to remove those fading transitions for the SRV and the fighters...and yeah, I highly doubt they'll do that after the state in which fleet carriers came out and how useless they still are :/
I hope it isn't a fade to black. As to FC, I'm not sure how something that is so subjective is relevant. Many can see lots of uses for FC. Just because they don't tick your boxes, doesn't mean they are a failure.

(just plz Frontier play your own game, it needs far more detail to be enjoyable in the long term. I don't even care if I have to pay 60€ for each expansion or if I have to wait 2 years for each one to come out, just make it truly enjoyable and I'll buy it at any price tag)
Funny that, I've been playing ED since before release (gamma and beta) and I still find it very enjoyable. So it seems to me to have long term appeal. There are many in my shoes too, I'm not the only one.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom