Elite Dangerous Odyssey has FAILED :D

Deleted member 182079

D
Yeah, might be connected to the performance problems.

One example that I experience all the time: In a ground CZ quite often it feels like let's say the first four hits don't register on the target and then with the next shot all five hits register at once. Especially common with the AR-50. But maybe that's to be expected. Ground CZs are still a performance nightmare for me.
It most likely is, but then I'm talking about flying my ship in space (say outside a station) at a locked 60fps in both EDO and EDH - EDO feels more slugglish (again, very subtle). Last time I noticed something like it was with the Forza Horizon games when locked at 30fps - this introduced severe input lag which you could visually observe by moving the steering and then let go of it - the on-screen movement would be delayed by about half a second, if not more.

It's not that bad in Elite but I wonder if there would be a way to measure this more 'scientifically' somehow. Flying my ships in Horizons was such a hoot - in EDO it feels more lethargic and as a result less fun.

It most likely is, but then I'm talking about flying my ship in space (say outside a station) at a locked 60fps in both EDO and EDH - EDO feels more slugglish (again, very subtle).
I too have noticed this. Not a massive difference, but as if there is a brief delay in responding, in comparison to Horizons, which is more noticable when using small or agile medium ships. The Cutter seems to be even worse to me, but that may just be biased as I loathe the ship, even if loving the speed / haul ability.

Deleted member 182079

D
I too have noticed this. Not a massive difference, but as if there is a brief delay in responding, in comparison to Horizons, which is more noticable when using small or agile medium ships. The Cutter seems to be even worse to me, but that may just be biased as I loathe the ship, even if loving the speed / haul ability.
Worse as in even more "indirect" in its handling? I lost access to the rank-locked ships so can't try it out anymore unfortunately.

I'm just waiting for the next update in the off chance it sorts out the significant FPS issues Odyssey has for me. What anyone thinks of Odyssey doesn't matter so much to me, unless it prompts Frontier to look into it further. 🤷‍♂️

Doooom!

1638128581721.png

Nearly 30 000 players when Odyssey came out (ish) in the summer compared to nearly 7 000 players in the winter months. Those numbers are not nearly as healthy as you think.
Oh, and Bingo!

* Where do people get those Steam charts from?

Wait...WK naysayers about steam numbers being of any utility because -ve trend now see value in them because they finally found a micro +ve trend (without context, as pointed out above) to fit their bias?

Who would have that THAT could ever happen! /s

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Nearly 30 000 players when Odyssey came out (ish) in the summer compared to nearly 7 000 players in the winter months. Those numbers are not nearly as healthy as you think.
Oh, and Bingo!

* Where do people get those Steam charts from?
Extreme peaks at launch of key updates is perfectly normal. For example, No Mans Sky had 38,000 average concurrent players in Steam at launch of its Frontiers update (the one with settlements) in September and now just 6,000, never mind it’s record concurrent players over 200,000 a few years ago 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Lol I actually thought he meant cassette tapes, long before CDs were even a thing, never mind t’internet.
Or even better, some code in Basic written in the magazine you had to write in yourself.
I miss those days, simpler times.

10 Print “Hello”
20 Goto 10

WOW!!!
hehe, i remember the magazines and code snipets:) pc world magazines, it was only a few years back i pull out my collections, i try to be clever and grab a box of magazines to take to the recycle centre .i pull my back doing it:)

Top Bottom