Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Hotfix 3

3 Hotfixes in less than a week, please thank the devs for working so hard on this some of them must have barely slept.
Well I bought the game to play with it in multiplayer and we spend half an hour to get into one instance with my brother, and when we jumped to a different system, I was dropped out from the cockpit, put back to the originating base and the whole procedure started again from the beginning. Just for one mission we spent more than1 hour and several attempts to even start landing near a settlement.
3 hotfix in a week is not admirable, but a shame.

As I see in it's current state, Odyssey is in open beta state, not ready to be released yet :(

Fixed the scarf from the Plainsman outfit obscuring the player's view when in a ship

So... i dont think you 'fixed' e.g adjusted the scarf floatability etc - but just removed it all together (When in flight) - I dont see any scarf, on any of my Plainsman suiits when flying - using pilot cam \ free cam.

Anyone else in community can verify - the fix was just full removal?

Here its equipped in flight, with the Plainsman skin, but the Torso scarf piece is just missing.

Now . I am GLAD its removed (at least)- was driving me mad- its not a complaint, and there are probabily more important things to "Fix" but curious if its just me ts fully removed from :p

Attachments

• DomSuitEquipped.JPG
    DomSuitEquipped.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 81
  • DomSuitFlightCam.JPG
    DomSuitFlightCam.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Very small updates it seems as if only like 5 people is working on this project , sorry , but to say this , i have a team of 4 that handles in a week more bugs than this guys! unless its really only like 5 devs working on this , then what is the team of Frontier composed of??
Yep. Still 19% VRAM use and notes say they allowed to use system memory ...so where are other 80% of VRAM ? :D
it is only used when it is needed and that fix is for a very specific type of hardware. Universal Memory Architecture GPU's

• Allowed UMA GPUs and some other memory-constrained graphics cards to use more system memory for graphics allocations

Skin store still requires you to apply items to yr cmdr twice to ensure it visually shows as applied.

Pioneer skin still not showing for Maverick suit.

A private company with shareholders to answer to and deadlines to meet and limited resources. Right or wrong, that is the way it is. These major bugs will be fixed, some quicker than others. Some people will scream and shout while others will wait patiently. It is like this with most games. While the NHS management wastes millions upon millions of pounds every year . It's no wonder you have lost your sense of perspective.
Lets put it this way. My perspective is on point. If your perspective is that you are more than happy with half baked ... i dunno what's comming next.

Thank you for trying to fix part of the issues, but still....

- my key bindings reset again when I changed from Odyssey to Horizon.

- and am I the only one feeling that is really unreal that your GPU usage hover around 75% while on the "new" Station UI (the one I attached, sorry MSI afterburner refused to show up in the image)?

Rig: R5 3600, 16GB DDR4@3200, RTX 2070

Attachments

• High GPU utilization around 75.jpg
    High GPU utilization around 75.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 68
Enjoying the game bugs included lol. Its early days and the devs are working their socks off atm (wasn't their idea to launch the game this early... we know who it was)
My son's GPU isn't good enough to load Odyssey (even though he plays Horizons) So an upgrade of GPU looks on the cards.

Enjoying the game bugs included lol. Its early days and the devs are working their socks off atm (wasn't their idea to launch the game this early... we know who it was)
My son's GPU isn't good enough to load Odyssey (even though he plays Horizons) So an upgrade of GPU looks on the cards.
Good Luck with that, I feel your pain!

Greetings Commanders,

A hotfix containing the following fixes and improvements has just been deployed. Downtime is expected to last 30 minutes:

Odyssey
  • General stability improvements
  • Further fix for Orange Sidewinder error
  • Fixed Apex Interstellar shuttles getting stuck in indefinite loops
  • Fixed players receiving missions sending them to Colonia
  • Fixed an issue with SRV datalink scanner incorrectly triggering a lethal response from settlements when in analysis mode
  • Fixed a missing Codex image
  • Fixed an issue where the suit and weapon customisation menus became unpopulated when switching between them
  • Fixed Shutdown missions triggering the 'leave the settlement' objective for all players in the instance
  • Fixed the scarf from the Plainsman outfit obscuring the player's view when in a ship
  • Allowed UMA GPUs and some other memory-constrained graphics cards to use more system memory for graphics allocations

Horizons
  • Stability fixes
  • Further fix for Orange Sidewinder error
Thanks as always for your patience and support as we continue to address issues!

o7
There are an awful lot of moving parts. Kudos to the devs for ploughing away.

Top Bottom