Elite Dangerous Odyssey: Support Missions and Lost Cargo Fix

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders. Hope you've had a great week.

Here to update you on a stealthy little server side fix rolling out for you this afternoon (at approximately 15:30 UTC/16:30 BST, give or take 15 mins or so) regarding instances of an incorrect loss of commodities taking place when handing in support missions.

[ISSUE]
  • Commanders would sign up to multiple support missions, which require the delivery of commodities, at a station of their choosing.
  • They would then complete their missions and return to the station of origin to hand them in.
  • Commanders would then go ahead and turn in the first completed mission to find that their commodities required for the remaining completed mission would be...well they would just disappear.
Thankfully, as soon as this fix is deployed (some time from 15:30 UTC/16:30 BST onwards today), this should never happen again (famous last words).

A reboot of your game client should not be required.

Have a fantastic weekend ahead, please.

See you in the black o7

Last edited:

Here to update you on a stealthy little server side fix rolling out for you this afternoon (
at approximately 15:30 UTC/16:30 BST, give or take 15 mins or so) regarding instances of an incorrect loss of commodities taking place when handing in support missions.

[ISSUE]
  • Commanders would sign up to multiple support missions at a station of their choosing.
  • They would then complete their missions and return to the station of origin to hand them in.
  • Commanders would then go ahead and turn in the first completed mission to find that their commodities required for the remaining completed mission would be...well they would just disappear.
Thankfully, as soon as this fix is deployed (some time from 15:30 UTC/16:30 BST onwards today), this should never happen again (famous last words).

A reboot of your game client should
not be required.

See you in the black o7
Have a lovely weekend @sallymorganmoore

• Commanders would sign up to multiple support missions at a station of their choosing.

Server side fixes are nice, especially when they can be snuck in quickly.

but are these support missions from specific stations or regions ? or am I just unlucky in finding them still ?
I am still seeing a big lack of support mission availability, If I am lucky I may see the odd 1 every few days let alone multiple in the same location ?

To me this was the biggest annoyance with the patch when these got reduced as they were my favorite missions to do in odyssey

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Server side fixes are nice, especially when they can be snuck in quickly.

but are these support missions from specific stations or regions ? or am I just unlucky in finding them still ?
I am still seeing a big lack of support mission availability, If I am lucky I may see the odd 1 every few days let alone multiple in the same location ?

To me this was the biggest annoyance with the patch when these got reduced as they were my favorite missions to do in odyssey

Hello!! The "very sporadic nature" of Support Missions is absolutely on our radar. So much so infact, that it's Top of the Pops voice IN AT NUMBER 16 on the issues of note list here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/elite-dangerous-issue-report-10-08-2021.587868/

I'm not entirely sure if this is addressing an issue where I have not been given the option to select the mats (rather than commodities) when handing in on-foot missions, but the update is appreciated. Thank you. Also, WEEKEND!

I got bitten by this yesterday, and now it is fixed. So i guess I will go back to watching for "lucky missions" again.

What is disturbing is that I found issues from May on the subject.

They work hard on tiny bugs and do not repair the real problems. I am fed up with "huge" announcements like this when VR is almost unplayable.
I'm VERY happy they're fixing as much as they can! Every little bit is a step in the right direction. If they waited to do these things until the graphics team had done their work a. there would be devs on the team who could fix things kicking around doing nothing and waiting until it was finished b. we wouldn't see incremental improvements!

So - instead of being negative about good stuff - be happy that they're working hard and fixing things!

i.e. not sure this is the thread you're looking for - this one's about support missions and missing commodities.

Here to update you on a stealthy little server side fix rolling out for you this afternoon (at approximately 15:30 UTC/16:30 BST, give or take 15 mins or so) regarding instances of an incorrect loss of commodities taking place when handing in support missions.

[ISSUE]
  • Commanders would sign up to multiple support missions, which require the delivery of commodities, at a station of their choosing.

A reboot of your game client should not be required.

See you in the black o7
Does this also apply to "source and return" type missions as well? Like the ones to be completed with ships? I lost a lot of cargo while doing two such missions at Stillman Hub last week. Basically just clarifying whether it's limited to on-foot stuff or includes ship cargo too.

(Got the stuff back via customer support but led me to fail one of the missions due to real life preventing another cargo run)

Top Bottom