Elite Dangerous: Odyssey | The Road To Odyssey Part 2 - Forging Your Path

Colour me surprised that a company that appeared to have abandoned macOS altogether, suddenly releases Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 (old title) and more significantly Planet Coaster with macOS versions.
FDEV hadn't abandoned MacOS per se, but for ED, more precisely because of Horizon which needs to perform some calculations through the GPU in a way unsupported by Apple's Metal API.

FDEV hadn't abandoned MacOS per se, but for ED, more precisely because of Horizon which needs to perform some calculations through the GPU in a way unsupported by Apple's Metal API.
When it was pointed out that Metal did have support for compute shaders and tessellation, Frontier went very quiet until they closed down the macOS client altogether.

For a while they probably tried to find a solution. And with the recent announcement to fuse ED standard with Horizons, it's believable there's a link: even the base game relies on Horizons techs for some times now, and they couldn't maintain 2 code bases with new features and improvements mainly dependent of Hroizons techs.
Maybe something related to percentage of Mac players too?
Let's remember they later did drop 32-bits support too.
It sure is infuriating but no need to see any malice behind these moves.

No one ever told me that, thank you, I believed in him since my childhood.
I never realised my whole life experience could be shattered at 54.

My birthday is Feb. 8th, that's a good date for Odessey no?.
Sorry for shattering your illusions.

But you can console yourself cause no one knows if God exists or not.

So the hope is allowed for the paradise.

For February 8, unfortunately there is never an update the Monday. :p

I am sorry :(;)

🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠😷

Things a dev wants a public beta for : Identifying critical bugs in what they've made
Things a user wants a public beta for : Redesigning the game

10b48dd33d67601a6e26e722b8607ed1.gif

Things a dev wants a public beta for : Identifying critical bugs in what they've made
Things a user wants a public beta for : Redesigning the game

I still think we'll get a beta. Though it may be pre-release / lep only ;)
Why I want a beta: To see whether or not Odyssey is worth buying.
A good one for all those suggestions of 'why don't fdev just add all the 3rd party tools into the actual game' :)
Well... I'm not opposed to the idea. :unsure:

Just from sole reason of atmo landings (in VR) and legs Odyssey is worth buying even without further look into it!
Even THO i'd rather they spent development time and resources on water worlds, weather and thick atmospeheres than they did on station interiors (walkable board menu) to pick up mission!

Top Bottom