Elite Dangerous: Odyssey | The Road To Odyssey Part 2 - Forging Your Path

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
ED_ODYSSEY_DEV_DIARY_CHOOSE_SOCIAL_THUMBNAIL.jpg

Greetings Commanders,

The first dev diary gave us a look into light atmospheres and breaking new ground with exploration on foot for the first time in Elite Dangerous Odyssey (if you missed it you can catch it here). The second dev diary, 'Forging Your Path' will show how Odyssey's approach to missions, station interiors, spacesuits, and give a taste of how commanders can interact with a vast range of new characters on foot.

On Thursday 1 October we'll bring you an in-depth look into the second dev diary with a Discovery Scanner livestream at 18:00 (UTC) on the Elite Dangerous Twitch channel. Let us know your questions about the dev diary in this thread!

Stay tuned for future episodes and updates on Elite Dangerous: Odyssey on our social channels.

o7

Last edited:
I mean... cool.

Time to sound hugely ungrateful and whiny...

I was expecting something with a bit more to it... Cool animations and all that, but it was very vague- and er... didn't see any gameplay at all there. Wasn't really anything new aside from "characters exist" (which was probably assumed?)

The one thing I guess was the ting about characters being genned from the BGS- but I take that to mean they'll be just as great as the current mission board BGS generated characters, except you can walk around them.

Looks cool, I guess. Time to wait till next time again.

I mean... cool.

Time to sound hugely ungrateful and whiny...

I was expecting something with a bit more to it... Cool animations and all that, but it was very vague- and er... didn't see any gameplay at all there. Wasn't really anything new aside from "characters exist" (which was probably assumed?)

The one thing I guess was the ting about characters being genned from the BGS- but I take that to mean they'll be just as great as the current mission board BGS generated characters, except you can walk around them.

Looks cool, I guess. Time to wait till next time again.
There's a whole dev diary about combat I think, looks like being the last one.

Greetings Commanders,

The first dev diary gave us a look into light atmospheres and breaking new ground with exploration on foot for the first time in Elite Dangerous Odyssey (if you missed it you can catch it here). The second dev diary, 'Forging Your Path' will show how Odyssey's approach to missions, station interiors, spacesuits, and give a taste of how commanders can interact with a vast range of new characters on foot.

Tomorrow we'll bring you an in-depth look into the second dev diary with a Discovery Scanner livestream at 18:00 (UTC) on the Elite Dangerous Twitch channel. Let us know your questions about the dev diary in this thread!

Stay tuned for future episodes and updates on Elite Dangerous: Odyssey on our social channels.

o7
Looking really good FDEV.
Will be nice to see the environment really come to life, with life, at least in the bubble (mostly)!

"It is not the game we are telling you how to play, it's the game where you are creating your own story"
Seriously they are still pushing that lie? Do they believe this lie they are telling? I can't believe that at one point I was buying cosmetics for ships I did not own just to support this disappointment of a dev company.

Top Bottom