Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3.01 | Horizons Update

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Well you favourited one of the people who decided to engage with me about it, which had lead to people who stream this game now attacking me on twitter for it. Literally just asked for the notes since we got that notification, what frustrated me is the concern was obviously seen, and then you guy just let people who brought it up get jumped on.

I just needed a little more time to make sure I could set your mind at ease with the issue you raised, accurately.
Once again, Falcon, thank you for the concern over the messaging. You're absolutely right about it and I'm right on it o7

Still no fix or even mention of the progression breaking bug of ranks not working. You can't level up your Federal or Imperial ranks, even my Elite ranks don't work. The response from Frontier was that it was a UI error and progress is being recorded in the background, but ships don't unlock so that's a total lie or the unlock system is badly designed to use the UI value.

This issue has been reported since Odyssey first released. I hoped the update yesterday would have fixed it as the server section mentioned something similar, but the issue is still open with new reports of it today

I know this isn't the place to discuss individual issues, but when the place to discuss them isn't telling the truth, what do you do?

Greetings Commanders.

At approximately 9:45 UTC/ 10:45 BST we deployed updates for both Elite Dangerous: Odyssey and Elite Dangerous: Horizons (all platforms), to address a number of priority issues.

Information on both updates can be found below.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons
  • General fixes to improve stability of the game have been implemented.
  • A moon has been reinstated in the Sharur system, which disappeared in Update 2 and caused issues for players trying to log into game whilst present in Sharur.

Elite Dangerous: Odyssey
  • General fixes to improve stability of the game have been implemented.
  • A fix has been implemented so that the scope of the manticore oppressor is no longer obscured.
  • A fix for a softlock when entering the CMDR panel via the access UI (due to the player being unable to back out) has been implemented.
  • A fix for the shuttle becoming stuck in a loop of docking requests when trying to land at a hostile settlement has been implemented.

Thank you all and have a great Friday.

See you in the black, Commanders o7
Do the devs ever rest? Well done all getting the game the best you can do and what we need doing. Brilliant work.

sallymorganmoore

Still no fix or even mention of the progression breaking bug of ranks not working. You can't level up your Federal or Imperial ranks, even my Elite ranks don't work. The response from Frontier was that it was a UI error and progress is being recorded in the background, but ships don't unlock so that's a total lie or the unlock system is badly designed to use the UI value.

This issue has been reported since Odyssey first released. I hoped the update yesterday would have fixed it as the server section mentioned something similar, but the issue is still open with new reports of it today

I know this isn't the place to discuss individual issues, but when the place to discuss them isn't telling the truth, what do you do?

Heya, sorry it took me a bit longer than I'd like to drop you a note on this. Just wanted to double check something.
I know this isn't an in depth update on the rank situation in this moment, BUT I do really want you to know that it's being heavily looked into and considered a priority. We'll update you with more info as soon as we've got something solid. Thanks millions for the patience.

Thanks Sally - a simple 'keep looking' or 'hmm, we need to do something' would be enough :) It's the not knowing ...
Don't read too much into the "we're looking into it" narrative. A group of publicly known cheaters has been griefing our squadron's BGS since a little before Christmas last year, and have been doing this to other BGS and PowerPlay focused squadrons since as early as 2017. This very same group of people is of course still active today, facing no consequences. despite even being called out by the gaming press, and the issue being raised by PC Gamer itself.

It inspired some sort of hope when a community manager directly told me they were looking into it... what didn't inspire hope is that community manager repeating the "we're definitely still looking into it" line every few weeks since March this year. I know the CM's have little to do with matters like these - they just relay information instead - but after our very critical issue has been widely ignored for more than six months now by Frontier, whenever they say "We're looking into it", I assume it's a lie. I suggest you do the same.

Greetings Commanders.
Arx

• Arx will now be awarded for Odyssey gameplay, including -
    • First footfall
    • Organic sample
    • Organic analysis
    • Suit/Weapon buy/sell/upgrade
    • Suit/Weapon modify
    • Selling goods/assets/data
    • Combat zones on foot - winning and capturing point
    • Shuttle travel

Hello again Sally.

Mentioned this a few times in the last update thread - but

Just to re-itterate.

There appears to be no ARX gains for infiltrating settlements, which is... roughly 80% of the new odyssey content (due to most of the missions being based on this stuff)

Could you possibly ask the designers if this is an oversight, intended design (and if so, what's the thinking behind it?) or something they plan to implement in the future?

Since this Update i cant depressurise Buildings when doing Restore Missions. Certain Buildings wont count towards the progression bar. You can see this clearly because even if the Console says depressured, you dont close your Helmet/Visor/whatever it is. Had to abandon 3 of them now because of this

sallymorganmoore

Since this Update i cant depressurise Buildings when doing Restore Missions. Certain Buildings wont count towards the progression bar. You can see this clearly because even if the Console says depressured, you dont close your Helmet/Visor/whatever it is. Had to abandon 3 of them now because of this

Hello! Is there an issue tracker link you could throw across at me for this, please? Huge thanks o7

sallymorganmoore

Hello again Sally.

Mentioned this a few times in the last update thread - but

Just to re-itterate.

There appears to be no ARX gains for infiltrating settlements, which is... roughly 80% of the new odyssey content (due to most of the missions being based on this stuff)

Could you possibly ask the designers if this is an oversight, intended design (and if so, what's the thinking behind it?) or something they plan to implement in the future?

Hello!! Gosh thank you so much for nudging me - I did take this to discussion yesterday! I don't have anything to update you with regarding the situation at the moment BUT wanted to thank you hugely for the thoughts on it. Really good feedback.

Top Bottom