Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3

Please don't just bash comments with no reason, when questions about issues are actually being adressed. The community is getting a proper communication as asked so your comment is just harmful and not true
If you didn't see something, it doesn't mean that it isn't there.

When you are deprived of the opportunity to use what you paid for for a week, when the game support is silent. I'm sure you'll be less likely to give advice to strangers.
English is not my native language and I would prefer to be in the game, rather than read advice from people who are not in the topic of the problem. Good luck.

anybody else having issues with an x52? stick and throttle is recognized, but all buttons assigned to keys in the x52 software are no longer recognized in elite...
that is kind of unplayable...

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
@Community Team
You actively engaging with people in these threads, beyond the initial 30 minutes is a good thing. Thank you.
Even if some people are late to the show 2-3 days that you communicate (two way communication) like you do now.
It was never enough to hear 'we read you posts' when you didn't respond, it caused uncertainty. It caused anger when no body with authority responded.
It has been a big improvement pain-point, keep in mind many of your customers expected two way communication.

Thank you team, it's a great improvement of your communication so far.

Hello! Really glad it's making a difference already.
I do always like to confirm that you've never ever been cast aside by us as a community - we do read you and we genuinely mean it when we say how grateful we are. We'll continue to dedicate more time to communicating more openly here in the forums in, as Zac said on stream this week, a more dedicated rota style between us as CMs, so we can continue to be focused on our many other tasks throughout the day, knowing someone is giving you all the personable conversation you deserve as we balance.
Thank you o7

Deleted member 110222

D
Good patch. No frame drops at all now in FPS environments. (Frame rate capped at 30)

Do want to point out that I spotted an instance of salvageable SRV turning solid black when I got close to it. Overall though, major improvement in performance.

Deleted member 115407

D
Very nice list of fixes!
Thank you guys! amazing job as always.

I wonder about one thing though:
  • Added a 'resupply' button to the Boarding UI that restocks consumables and weapon ammo
    Very nice quality of life improvement, however will this button also refill the e-breaches? As sometimes it is not necessary, or even harmful to have for a peaceful mission, that can lead to hostile NPC reactions upon getting scanned.
Thanks again, and keep up the great work!
The answer is Yes.
I think that needs a second pass, FD. It's going to get a lot of players into situations they'd rather not be in.

As a matter of fact, E-Breaches are being included in the players' loadout by default now. A lot of players are going to be unhappy unless it's fixed quickly.
(edit: this may just be the default behavior in Anarchy. Needs a test by someone near populated space)

Last edited by a moderator:
Interior shadow optimisations have been implemented.

Terrain optimisations have been made.
Can't be true. FPS is still atrociously low (30 to 45) on 1080p at default high settings with a GTX 1060 6GB in the suit operative tutorial. I also resetted the graphics settings. This doesn't sound like the right conditions for a "recommended" GPU, does it?

Meanwhile, in No Man's Sky Prisms Update, I get screenspace reflections, glass refractions, detailed space backdrops, with 80 to 100 FPS on default high settings at 1080p, same GPU. And no issues at all while in NMS interiors.

Last edited:
Sorry Commander! As you can probably see, comments and pages really do fill up here! I'm also in meetings and writing notes so I sadly may end up responding to comments of the same type a little longer down the line. I definitely see you o7
Just as a safeguard for your health, don't reply to posts that don't think about your situation. You don't need to defend yourself or explain why you answer x but not y. In the end, the tone and perception of people is not something you can solve by replying to each. You can try, but it will exhaust you over time.

That said, it is nice to see more communication within the thread, personally I'd say community involvement is enriched by joining the Discord servers from known groups within Elite and be part of a verbal round of organised feedback. Because I assume the challenge for community management is not knowing all these groups.

So here is a small nudge from me, since I'm an explorer my feedback is based around their perspective.
  1. The Distant Worlds organisation Discord, you'll find all core explorers that took some form of responsibility there
  2. The Rock Rats Discord, planetary prospection explorer group that formed during Distant Worlds 1 and changed to global exploration after
  3. IMU (Intergalactic Mining Union) Discord, an expert mining group that took an important role during Distant Worlds 2
  4. The Mug Club Ski-Team Discord, an SRV based group that focuses on SRV based exploration
So you see, there are already 4 different perspectives here you can take in a round-table feedback loop: exploration in space, on planets, mining and SRV shenanigans.
Obviously there are more, but it's a start.

Also don't know if this idea is realistic, in that it depends on your community management resources, but as an idea of getting more involvement I think it's sound.

If you like an invite on some of those discords so you can organize a better insight, PM me and I'll send the info.

Probably I missed it, since I dont know all communication on these boards, but is there a plan to improve the anti-aliasing in the game?
Maybe even a subtle depth-of-field could help.
I searched a bit for that and found only some external solutions via ReShade and EDFX.

Top Bottom