Elite Dangerous | Post Update 13 Fixes

This is good, though i'm still hopeful that once the devs sort out Odyssey, they change their minds about console development and the general direction the game is going...

Whether the core team comes back to console development, they hire and train a secondary team to focus on consoles or even if they take a leaf out of Kerbal Space Program and Stellaris' books and hire third party companies to port Elite to consoles from now on, if we get the new content, we don't mind THAT much about having to wait for it...

Of course we want the entire game, including Odyssey with full dev support on the "next gen" consoles, with whatever they can get to work on the older consoles (and PC version 3.8 for that matter)...

In terms of the direction the game is going, I'm sure most of us want more ship and space based content, say a minimum of six new ships, though hopefully twelve plus, across all ship classes and sizes, new weapons and modules etc...

In particular more to do "out in the black" and more interesting and diverse things to find out there and in the game in general...

Lastly cross play would be a big bonus, say between PS5, Series X and PC 4.0, with PS4, Xbox One and PC 3.8 playing together separately, if not letting us all play together, if they can optimise Odyssey enough to make the entire game run well on "last gen".

All in, I want the game to be as good as it could be and let everybody play the best version of it on their systems of choice :0 :D .

This is good, though i'm still hopeful that once the devs sort out Odyssey, they change their minds about console development and the general direction the game is going...

Whether the core team comes back to console development, they hire and train a secondary team to focus on consoles or even if they take a leaf out of Kerbal Space Program and Stellaris' books and hire third party companies to port Elite to consoles from now on, if we get the new content, we don't mind THAT much about having to wait for it...

Of course we want the entire game, including Odyssey with full dev support on the "next gen" consoles, with whatever they can get to work on the older consoles (and PC version 3.8 for that matter)...

In terms of the direction the game is going, I'm sure most of us want more ship and space based content, say a minimum of six new ships, though hopefully twelve plus, across all ship classes and sizes, new weapons and modules etc...

In particular more to do "out in the black" and more interesting and diverse things to find out there and in the game in general...

Lastly cross play would be a big bonus, say between PS5, Series X and PC 4.0, with PS4, Xbox One and PC 3.8 playing together separately, if not letting us all play together, if they can optimise Odyssey enough to make the entire game run well on "last gen".

All in, I want the game to be as good as it could be and let everybody play the best version of it on their systems of choice :0 :D .

I think that is probably the most balanced and sensible things I have read in terms of the Console development I have seen.

I'm getting a repeatable Crash-To-Desktop hunting for Thargoid Probe/Sensors. Right now in any NHSS 5 or 6 of the variant with an Interceptor amongst a wreckage with salvage the game crashes shortly after the Thargoid scans you. It may require holding an Damaged and Occupied Escape pod in your cargo as this wasn't happening last night. When I feel like putting up with more crashes I'll test the cargo theory.

Leave Thargoids in CQC just add Ax weapons to the list, the game mode will make an excellent addition to players who 'want' to learn how to fight Thargoids. You could even add a Thargoid killer mission for players to try different ship loadouts and wing configurations to see what is most effective. After all if you think of it like the "the more modes you add to the game that people will enjoy doing the more players you will get playing the game" :)

Maybe even adding a training mission where you can fight scouts or interceptors, if FDEV have taken it as we are now at war why isnt there any training for us to use to make us more effective combatants ;)

Last edited:
Leave Thargoids in CQC just add Ax weapons to the list, the game mode will make an excellent addition to players who 'want' to learn how to fight Thargoids. You could even add a Thargoid killer mission for players to try different ship loadouts and wing configurations to see what is most effective. After all if you think of it like the "the more modes you add to the game that people will enjoy doing the more players you will get playing the game" :)

Maybe even adding a training mission where you can fight scouts or interceptors, if FDEV have taken it as we are not at war why isnt there any training for us to use to make us more effective combatants ;)
Indeed that'd be great and might be an extra draw for those of us who've never tried the CQC mode! :D ...

Indeed I wish they'd make the special type of combat featured in the "narrative" sector in the last week or two, where you could fight Thargoids alongside friendly battleships, a standard thing, it'd help to ease people into Thargoid combat and let those that want to fight them with regular weapons do so.

You wouldn't have to have ships specially built to fight them, make them a target for normal combat builds and make combat with them and in general more varied :D .

Personally I didn't get to experience the new temporarily varied Thargoid combat as I was "in the black" and am still on my way back, while I won't see much new in the game in the future, unless Frontier change their plans regarding consoles, being "only" a PS4 player (and perspective PS5 player, if I could find one for sale in a shop and Frontier would release the game on "next gen" consoles! :O :D ).

Last edited:
CQC is a fun mode, but is suffering of a lack of visibility & credibility.
several reasons, the rank is very hard & long to achieve, probably the hardest.
rewards are poor, very few credits, no decals, the split between Odyssey & Horizons
no review nor rebalance of the game play since years, no new features neither (ships, modules, map...), some persistant bugs.
but the flying model of elite makes it fun, really.
those who enjoy CQC are playing in the fear that this game mode could be stopped one day.
we're just out of 5 weeks of bug with CTD, then someone said ''thargoids in CQC''. wow.
but it was a bug... sadly

Last edited by a moderator:
@sallymorganmoore I just saw in the issue log that the annoying cutscene plays on every login 'By Design'. Seriously? can we at least have an option to kill it permanently? Or replace the Odyssey animation with it. It's annoying, especially now I have to restart my machine so often after the VR instability that Update 13 introduced.
That's going to keep annoying me even though I'm heading out of the bubble of caring about what humanity is doing in the home systems. just one more step to skip through every time I log in.

@sallymorganmoore I just saw in the issue log that the annoying cutscene plays on every login 'By Design'. Seriously? can we at least have an option to kill it permanently? Or replace the Odyssey animation with it. It's annoying, especially now I have to restart my machine so often after the VR instability that Update 13 introduced.
That's going to keep annoying me even though I'm heading out of the bubble of caring about what humanity is doing in the home systems. just one more step to skip through every time I log in.
a click of the mouse skips it... less than 1 sec if your reflexes are up.

It would be great if the issue with ground conflict zones could be fixed by restarting the conflict a few minutes after it ends. So the player gets a break to leave if they wish, otherwise the enemy side regroups and launches a new attack. Would save everybody the effort of relogging to run the same CZ again.

Greetings Commanders!

What a week!!! We hope you're all doing okay out there in The Black and are looking forward to new adventures across the course of your weekend ahead.

Bringing a delivery in closing to you this afternoon - a number of small but valuable little fixes for both Horizons and Odyssey Commanders, made possible by server side address.

Full notes can be found here: https://www.elitedangerous.com/news/elite-dangerous-post-update-13-fixes

As always, thank you for your continued feedback, reports and involvement in the Galaxy!
We'll catch up very soon (haven't forgotten about the 'known issues', just need a little more time).

o7
Hi Sally, just one question to settle this once and for all, is console getting the 4.0 update or not ? If no,why not ?

Hi Sally, just one question to settle this once and for all, is console getting the 4.0 update or not ? If no,why not ?

It was announced some time ago that consoles will only be getting emergency bug fixes.... nothing more, so no, 4.0 is not an emergency bug fix therefore it wont come to consoles.

Also, the v4.0 client is the Odyssey build running in Horizons mode. Odyssey is not releasable on consoles, for whatever reasons; I'm suspecting extremely poor performance as THE reason.

That's been settled so many times it's not funny, they have repeated over and over again that consoles will be staying on the 3.8 codebase and only getting bugfixes, I don't see any point in asking the same question over and over again to just get the same reply.

Top Bottom