Elite Dangerous PS4 Feature Requests and PS4 FAQ

Hi Duck,

as far as I know the camera only supports Head Treaking via PSOSl some games use it and I personally tried it with War Thunder, little bit tricky to setup but works fine. Alsmost as good as my TrackIR on PC...

Great vor Flight Sims so if we still do not get full VR support Head Tracking would be great. Can’t be that hard since ED supports TrackIR and others on PC already.

Outfitting Presets Please

The one thing I'd really like (and it wouldn't just be for PS4) is the ability to make preset outfitting profiles. So if I fly in my Python configured for cargo and decide I'd like to go mining, as long as I have the right modules in storage I can just hit "preset 2" or whatever and instantly do all the re-outfitting with one click.

P.S. Also, a GalRadio button in the Status tab that I can synch with my Spotify account so I can listen to my own playlists easily while on those long hauls - I'd even pay an extra monthly subscription ED and Spotify could share.)

The one thing I'd really like (and it wouldn't just be for PS4) is the ability to make preset outfitting profiles. So if I fly in my Python configured for cargo and decide I'd like to go mining, as long as I have the right modules in storage I can just hit "preset 2" or whatever and instantly do all the re-outfitting with one click.
I summarized all the ship loadout requests in this thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/419666-Save-ship-loadouts-collection-of-request-threads I would suggest that you mention your support over there - with this collection there may be a chance that the devs recognize, that this feature was requested many times already.

Once you're rich, then you can just have separate ships for separate tasks. That's not to invalidate your suggestion, but it's a good stopgap in the meantime. Another advantage is you can keep specialty ships close to where they are most useful - a mining Python near a pristine metallic ring system, for example. I keep a transport T7 in the Pleiades specifically for rescue missions, though I may be moving it back to the Bubble now that the Thargoids are in our backyard.

Hello commanders, have two "quality of life" improvement requests, hope most cmdr's agree
1- keybinding for docking request for ds4 and hotas
2 - little arrow on the HUD in the stations to orientate towards landing pad

HUD colour change would be awesome but I can live without it.

Thoughts anybody?

Fly safe o7

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
NEW REQUEST

Please consider giving us more options under the "Alternate Flight Controls" customizations. For our regular flight controls, we can chose between analog sticks or digital buttons, but we only have the analog sticks available for alternate flight controls. What I would personally like to do is swap the weapon triggers (L1 & R1 in my case) over to lateral thrusters when switching to alt flight controls, so that I have full control of all thrusters without taking my thumbs off the sticks. If you replicate the menu used for regular flight controls, copying it to alt flight controls, that would give us this control. Have it so that whatever is assigned to alt flight controls overrides the regular use of buttons (so in my case, I won't be able to fire weapons when flying alt). This would be very helpful on the DS4, and I don't believe it would be that hard to code.

Thanks Lloyd!!!

ps - the triggers can provide analog data; not sure about L1 & R1

I need to investigate this as I have thrusters on L1, R1, L2 and R2 but when in "Landing config" ie with the gear down. I am not sure how you would shoot though?

L1 and R1 are not analogue unfortunately on the DS4.

I summarized all the ship loadout requests in this thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/419666-Save-ship-loadouts-collection-of-request-threads I would suggest that you mention your support over there - with this collection there may be a chance that the devs recognize, that this feature was requested many times already.

Hello commanders, have two "quality of life" improvement requests, hope most cmdr's agree
1- keybinding for docking request for ds4 and hotas
2 - little arrow on the HUD in the stations to orientate towards landing pad

HUD colour change would be awesome but I can live without it.

Thoughts anybody?

Fly safe o7

These type of requests are more generic than specific to the PS4, even the key binding as its not possible on any platform I don't think, I have tried to keep this list with specific PS4 issues.

Last edited:
Hi

1- 4k support for ps4 pro + HDR.
2- When going in an exploration trip i only see the credits i gain when i deliver the exploration data in a base, please change that, make us see the credits we gonna make with exploration data when we are exploring. Just for us not to pause the exploration to deliver the data and see how much credits we gonna get.

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Hi

1- 4k support for ps4 pro + HDR.
2- When going in an exploration trip i only see the credits i gain when i deliver the exploration data in a base, please change that, make us see the credits we gonna make with exploration data when we are exploring. Just for us not to pause the exploration to deliver the data and see how much credits we gonna get.

1. is in the list.

2. is generic again, and not specific to PS4.

It would be nice to be able to launch SLF from the controller, or as an alternative, provide an option in the Functions menu to automatically launch fighter when deploying hardpoints. Sometimes those few seconds matter!

The "Console Wall" and community participation

Okay, this is going to be a loaded post and I'm sure this has been brought up or discussed already but, I am new to the forums and immediately shot to the most appropriate thread for this topic.

I'm commander Gheldomel, a console commander on the Sony PS4. I've been playing Elite Dangerous: Horizons for a little over a month now and I absolutely love it! I just recently aquired elite rank in exploration and i am on my way to saggitarius A heading from Colonia. My goal on this expidition was to chart undiscovered systems along the way, that contained any high value bodies, to further enrich R2R (road to riches) outside of the bubble. As i traveled to Colonia, i bookmarked all systems that i scanned so that i could quickly find them later and somehow, manually input the data on to a site such as eddb. What i didn't realize at the time is that there is no way for me to enter this data manually as i spoke with administration over at eddb.io through e-mail only to find out that all data on the site is uploaded through any APIs used by PC players.

As an exploration focused commander on a console system such as myself, this is a little frustrating and very limiting to those of us who want to contribute our discoveries to the whole community. Every system i scanned and put my name on that goes unrecorded will be potentially overlooked by another explorer on PC who has the tools necessary to log these discoveries. There is a wall that prevents us console commanders from contributing to the community when it comes to exploration and that is disheartening.

I have thought about a few solutions, some of which i have seen suggested. I think the most appropriate solution would be to allow a way for console commanders to export ship logs and journals via e-mail, to then later export to eddb, inara or any other 3rd party data storage sites for ED. Even the simple things such as putting your ships loadout on to Inara to share with fellow commanders, uploading first discoveries to eddb for other commanders to visit, using them in R2R, surface mining in deep space etc. Right now as it stands, console gamers are shut off from participating in any sort of real community contribution aside from sharing with other console commanders within their social bubble and it all feels very lonely and isolating not having the full experience of what PC players can do.

I think this is a crucial part of gameplay, especially with exploration and if there was any way at all to solve this issue, it should be priority because there is no other community in a game like the Elite Dangerous community and having the ability to fully participate is absolutely crucial and essential to the full experience of Elite Dangerous in my opinion. Thanks for your time and i hope you see this FDevs. Commander Gheldomel signing out.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Okay, this is going to be a loaded post and I'm sure this has been brought up or discussed already but, I am new to the forums and immediately shot to the most appropriate thread for this topic.

I'm commander Gheldomel, a console commander on the Sony PS4. I've been playing Elite Dangerous: Horizons for a little over a month now and I absolutely love it! I just recently aquired elite rank in exploration and i am on my way to saggitarius A heading from Colonia. My goal on this expidition was to chart undiscovered systems along the way, that contained any high value bodies, to further enrich R2R (road to riches) outside of the bubble. As i traveled to Colonia, i bookmarked all systems that i scanned so that i could quickly find them later and somehow, manually input the data on to a site such as eddb. What i didn't realize at the time is that there is no way for me to enter this data manually as i spoke with administration over at eddb.io through e-mail only to find out that all data on the site is uploaded through any APIs used by PC players.

As an exploration focused commander on a console system such as myself, this is a little frustrating and very limiting to those of us who want to contribute our discoveries to the whole community. Every system i scanned and put my name on that goes unrecorded will be potentially overlooked by another explorer on PC who has the tools necessary to log these discoveries. There is a wall that prevents us console commanders from contributing to the community when it comes to exploration and that is disheartening.

I have thought about a few solutions, some of which i have seen suggested. I think the most appropriate solution would be to allow a way for console commanders to export ship logs and journals via e-mail, to then later export to eddb, inara or any other 3rd party data storage sites for ED. Even the simple things such as putting your ships loadout on to Inara to share with fellow commanders, uploading first discoveries to eddb for other commanders to visit, using them in R2R, surface mining in deep space etc. Right now as it stands, console gamers are shut off from participating in any sort of real community contribution aside from sharing with other console commanders within their social bubble and it all feels very lonely and isolating not having the full experience of what PC players can do.

I think this is a crucial part of gameplay, especially with exploration and if there was any way at all to solve this issue, it should be priority because there is no other community in a game like the Elite Dangerous community and having the ability to fully participate is absolutely crucial and essential to the full experience of Elite Dangerous in my opinion. Thanks for your time and i hope you see this FDevs. Commander Gheldomel signing out.

We tried this. Nothing happened to be honest. Check

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...nal-request-to-FDev-PS4-Player-Journal-access

EDSM did tweet they were working on a manual import for console CMDRs but I haven't heard anything yet. I toyed with the idea of screenshots, OCR and scripting something to an API but just getting screenshots off the PS4 is impossible to automate as far as I can tell so I just gave up.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
EDSM did tweet they were working on a manual import for console CMDRs but I haven't heard anything yet. I toyed with the idea of screenshots, OCR and scripting something to an API but just getting screenshots off the PS4 is impossible to automate as far as I can tell so I just gave up.

You can manual input for EDSM now, but its just that 100% manual, and very, very laborious. I did it for Dove Enigma but I won't be bothering again, too much time.

Something that I'd really liked to see would be for us to be able to transfer our accounts between consoles, much in the same way that Blizzard did for Diablo 3.

I'm moving to Canada next year and will be living with the mother in law for a while before we get our own house, so I won't be shipping my PS4 and HOTAS over for a while. Not sure I could go 6 months without Elite, so I'd love to be able to buy the PC version and continue getting my fix on that instead. Given that I'd be buying the game again on a new platform, Frontier can only gain from allowing my account to be multi-platform.

Is there a reason why they haven't allowed it thus far? Is it to do with Frontier Store purchases or perhaps Trophies/Achievements?

I wish you could zoom in on the Message box on the left,at 58 my eyes are only getting worse!

You can zoom in slightly when you select the message box, if that's what you mean?
But yea the text is small, but not the smallest. In some games I'm almost tempted to use my tv remote's little zoom magnifier tool ! :D

Top Bottom