Elite Dangerous (Steam) just set a new All Time record for concurrent CMDRs, beating previous highest in Nov 2015

Looks like FDev doesn’t need to worry about losing all those VR players after all! 😀

I’m kidding, they might feel a little bad about it.

The first seven months of 2016 were when the game was really dead 😂

IqMQVUt.png

As I keep saying, Steam data is the only data we have.

To the doomsayers, either you use Steam data or you have nothing to assert your claims with, in which case, you can be safely ignored.

Those are your only two choices.

Can we all agree Steam numbers are a good indicator regardless if they are high or low?

Steam numbers are not an accurate accounting of player numbers, but they are certainly a good indicator of how player count is trending. When it's low the numbers are still a bit higher to account for console/non Steam copies of the game. When the numbers are high, same thing. Actual numbers are higher to account for console/non Steam copies of the game.

Can we all agree Steam numbers are a good indicator regardless if they are high or low?

A good indicator for what though?

People claimed the game is dying every ~4 months since release based on Steam numbers (which happens to roughly match the update cycle...). So far they were always wrong, seems to be a pretty bad indicator.
So Steam numbers only seem to be a good indicator to see when the game got updated. There are easier ways though, like following news and the forums.

Hmm, I thought Steam data is unreliable, and we should not treat it seriously and that its just all time wrong... oh wait, that's only when it shows lack of players. Right right right.

Some of Group A: ‘We’re still unable to grasp a simple point despite it being made in various different ways now’

Group T: <cracks up with laughter>

Hmm, I thought Steam data is unreliable, and we should not treat it seriously and that its just all time wrong... oh wait, that's only when it shows lack of players. Right right right.
No, it's just wrong when you misinterpret Steamcharts in order to make it look like the game is dying. It's clearly not dead yet, people have been wrong about it a few hundred times since release and it doesn't look like they will be right tomorrow.

To answer your question, it depends on the nonsense you are trying to fabricate with it.

Well, the only thing I was pointing out is that a temporary rise in numbers is about as significant as a temporary fall in numbers - and, thus, equally (un)worthy of comment.

Dunno if that qualifies as "nonsense" or not. 🤷‍♂️

Well, the only thing I was pointing out is that a temporary rise in numbers is about as significant as a temporary fall in numbers - and, thus, equally (un)worthy of comment.
True.

Dunno if that qualifies as "nonsense" or not. 🤷‍♂️
Don't worry Stealthie, I wasn't referring to you personally. You rarely write nonsense (although I don't always agree with you)... ;)

Top Bottom