Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous: The Guardians 2.2 update

Similar thing happened to me on returning a rich tourist BACK to the station, a station and faction that I'm allied with!
The station allowed me docking access and as soon as I was passing through the letterbox all hell broke lose, and I was left with my mouth hanging open staring at the rebuy screen.
I checked the passengers credentials before accepting the mission and found no evidence or indication of illegal shennanigan's, Just 3 Rich Tourists sight seeing.
BTW I accepted the mission through the same faction and station I'm allied with.
I'm putting this down as a bug and will be forwarding it to support.

Same here. So, i learned my lesson and made a cheap passenger ship (rebuy cost < 110k). It's not a big loss when such a thing happens.

- Fixed broken view-panning/UI Focus auto toggle: single hat can once again be used for both panning views and navigating around panels, with seamless switching.

Big fan of this one!

TL;DR (sorry)... so can we have a crew of actual players yet? or can we play as a mere passenger to someone else? (my wife wants to come along but not fly herself)...

TL;DR (sorry)... so can we have a crew of actual players yet? or can we play as a mere passenger to someone else? (my wife wants to come along but not fly herself)...

Coming in 2.3

- Fixed broken view-panning/UI Focus auto toggle: single hat can once again be used for both panning views and navigating around panels, with seamless switching.

Big fan of this one!

Sounds like it could be very useful, especially in VR. Thanks for highlighting, had missed it from the patch notes.

I had a issue. cant find any contact on my ship computer and for that i cant send a docking reguest. so im stuck i cant play. I realy wait new patch witch fixes this issue. i wana play :(

Thanks a ton. Great work. Just switched to Horizons after some time away from E:D, and now the next update. Great!! Some little features I had been waiting for are finally there!!!

One question though. I just went to the shipyard to have a look around and either the manoeuverability values on the stats page are off, or you changed the manoeuverability of many of the ships:
The Cobra Mk. III used to have 6 now has 5
Viper Mk.III was 6 now is 4
Viper Mk.IV was 4 now is 3
Eagle was 8 now is 7
Sidewinder was 8 now is 5
Asp Explorer was 6 now is 4
Asp Scout was 8 now is 5
etc.

Is that just a glitch? I haven't had the time to buy, equip and fly one, and my last time in a Cobra was quite a few months ago. My T-6 feels the same as before, though

I've noticed it also. Tried python (now listed as maneuverability 2 instead of 6), vulture (5 instead of 9) and asp scout (5 instead of 8), but all of them looked exactly the same to me in flight. Took the vulture to haz/rez, and combat seemed a little bit more difficult, but not because of maneuverability, but the fact that npcs reacted differently than in previous situations. As if a python npc used FA OFF boost turns and similar stuff :) Maybe I'm wrong tough, it was a little bit late...

Big fan of this one!

Could you elaborate on what this is? I've been happily using the hat stick for both opening side view panels (in combination with the "UI Focus" button) and for scrolling/navigating panel menus (without the "UI Focus" button held down) since forever. What's changed?

One question though. I just went to the shipyard to have a look around and either the manoeuverability values on the stats page are off, or you changed the manoeuverability of many of the ships:
The Cobra Mk. III used to have 6 now has 5
Viper Mk.III was 6 now is 4
Viper Mk.IV was 4 now is 3
Eagle was 8 now is 7
Sidewinder was 8 now is 5
Asp Explorer was 6 now is 4
Asp Scout was 8 now is 5
etc.

I've noticed it also. Tried python (now listed as maneuverability 2 instead of 6), vulture (5 instead of 9) and asp scout (5 instead of 8), but all of them looked exactly the same to me in flight.

This has to be a bug - anyone raised one?

This has to be a bug - anyone raised one?

Well maybe it's not a bug. Python being 2 is just about right, in my opinion. Clipper is, I think, more nimble than python and clipper is now 4 i think, or maybe even 5. Anaconda is 1. It seems to me that the whole deal with maneuverability stats is now corrected and is as it should be from the start.

Well maybe it's not a bug. Python being 2 is just about right, in my opinion. Clipper is, I think, more nimble than python and clipper is now 4 i think, or maybe even 5. Anaconda is 1. It seems to me that the whole deal with maneuverability stats is now corrected and is as it should be from the start.

There's no way that the Sidewinder and the Vulture are '5'. The others seem more believable though.

There's no way that the Sidewinder and the Vulture are '5'. The others seem more believable though.

I agree, that also seems off to me. But in previous version sidewinder was 8 and vulture 9 if i remember correctly. Never had the impression that vulture is more maneuverable than sidewinder. But, regarding that issue - I haven't been in a sidewinder for a long time :)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Maybe the whole scale has shifted in order to accomodate the SLF's as 9's and 10's?

I believe that you are correct.

- TL;DR (sorry)... so can we have a crew of actual players yet? or can we play as a mere passenger to someone else? (my wife wants to come along but not fly herself)...

She could just stand behind you watching your monitor while giving a back rub! :)

Last edited:
pfff bad luck .... ito orbital in rhea offers carrying 6 tons of fish to a 34 ly far system for 1011 cr... !!!!!!! and my status there is allied ! so frontier you took away a big part of fun in the game ! i dont want to play a year for earning a million cr !
Bounty 4000 cr ... ? Frontier what happend to your devs? stoned or what? lol
€ 80 for THIS game so far is really becoming to much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom