Patch Notes Update Elite: Dangerous Update 1.04 Change Log

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
of course its always nice to see new patches that fix things but I would have expected a little new content rather than bugfixes. oh well, I'll keep waiting.

Yes. Almost every NPC is an anarchy system has wanted elsewhere. I used to interdicted them just to scan and blow them away in anarchy systems.

I thought everyone in an Arnachy system was Clean unless you KWS them.
Also sure that if they have a bounty but show clean you get it anyway if its local, now would someone please correct me if im wrong.

Ah, a new version, a new 'Update failed for file blah blah data.ovx (validation error)'

New update, same as the old update then. I suppose I'll just give it the usual 2-4 days to come right by magic then?

I thought everyone in an Arnachy system was Clean unless you KWS them.
Also sure that if they have a bounty but show clean you get it anyway if its local, now would someone please correct me if im wrong.

In an Anarchy system after using KWS check the contacts screen for their bounty. The bounty is for other jurisdictions (empire, federation, alliance). Just run your KWS to completion, then check your contacts screen. I only bounty hunt in anarchy because the bounties are higher, and no cops screw with me.

Sometimes if you attacked a wanted ship, the cops pursuit you as they would if you attacked a clean one, based on what he said it looks like that the game only checked if the bounty on the wanted ship was made from the same faction as the cops, if not the cops then attacked you. And this update solves this issue.

I quite liked it that way but I suppose it is for the greater good :-(

Prevent people being attacked by the police after attack nearby wanted targets. So what exactly does this mean I still get after attacked with update 1.04 by the Internal Sercurity bots when I am open fire on a wanted target. I have one gimbaled continuous friing laser and two turret driven lasers. I end up some how hit them and my auto turrets end up attack the Internal Security bots. I am getting tired of pay bounties off because of this so I have to go into shark mode shadow my wanted prey after the internal security guys beats the crap of the wanted hull down to nearly like 10 percent and go in for the kill and destroy the wanted in order to get me some bounty credits.

Great update, thanks Michael.

One thing I would like to see is better rewards for delivering goods/cargo to an alternative system on behalf of a contact/faction I have found at an Unidentified Signal Source.
I have never accepted the alternative option, because A. I have to travel further B. The reward is less an the original job C. I also have to pay the jobs fine, so I will be out of pocket on all counts, what is the point of having them if the reward doesn't make it worth our while (other than maybe reputation)?

I scanned the closest objects with the surface scanner fitted (before I went back to trading again) and got between 1000-20000 depending how many objects in the system. Nutter's explorer thread got exact info on what each terrestrial body will give for doing a detailed scan, might be worth checking out. Detailed scan with flying up to them yields way too little unless you hid some of the rare objects, so it's not a viable income source to replace bounty hunting or trading.

Nutter's explorers guide to the Galaxy, links are handy. :)

So, even a new patch. But still my game crashes at enter world. No reply or anything on my ticket.. Have not been able to play for 9 days now. Wasn't this supposed to be fixed in a server side patch several days ago?

After this update its made the game unplayable for me. I've been playing solo and it kicks me out with a matchmaking server error every couple of minutes. Stop playing after trying to fly to the same station 4 times in a row!

I don;t know what you;ve done or why your matchmaking with solo players but it was fine prior to this update!

Sorry, but apostrophes are used to show possession not just abbreviation. Please learn some grammar before calling people out.

Tee-hee! That's a good one... :D

... oh, you mean you were serious? You didn't know that "its" is a possessive pronoun, like "his", "her" or "their"? And that you can't use the regular personal pronoun with apostrophe-s - "it's", "he's", "she's" or "they's" - instead?. Oops, sorry... :p

So what does the literature say?

I've read John Harper's "And Here The Wheel" - it's not covered in that book, and am currently reading Drew Wagar's "Reclamation" - not really mentioned there either. Wagar does talk about "spacing" people, though: that is, blasting their ships and thereby killing them by exposing them to the vacuum (Cool! /Bart Simpson). But nothing further. Brilliant book so far though...
Allen Stroud's "Lave: Revolution" is next :)

Sorry, veered off course a bit there.

:)

If you like Wagar's "Reclamation", let me recommend you his Oolite saga (Status quo, Mutabilis, Incursio and Finis). They are great.

Thanks for the upgrade on exoplanets, that's what I expect the most!!

Sorry for that - sometimes the painful lessons are the most effective :)

I can see it now...
Medical, "You say you WANT another mind wiping stroke that nearly killed you?"
Fox (*shaking violently... blood trickles out of his nose, eyes and ears *), "Now!! It burns!! Brain Bleach!!!". He drops to his knees with a earsplitting howl or horror...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom