Elite Dangerous | Update 18.05 | Thursday 16 May 2024

Apex then transfer? Or is Apex also not available at the prison ship, it's been so long since I've done stuff around inhabited space...
iirc , there was indeed an 'Apex' NPC shuttle service desk yep

Of course, being a newbie myself barely a week into this game , i was too scared to 'shuttle' because i thought the Military was gonna confiscate my ship and sell it for parts lol

Can we PLEASE have a fix for the thrustmaster multiple binds issue that was caused by the update over a month ago now... it is really infuriating. It used to work, now it doesn't please oh please look for a fix!!!!

Can we PLEASE have a fix for the thrustmaster multiple binds issue that was caused by the update over a month ago now... it is really infuriating. It used to work, now it doesn't please oh please look for a fix!!!!

I doubt we will get one this year or ever. just been doing some weapon blueprint farming and this issue is a major pain in the arx and the keybind issue is different in the srv than the ship. I can do button combos in srv but I have to hold the button down for ages before I can push the second key, not so in the ship. side panels are a pain to select unless you hold for like 5 seconds before using the hat switch or it will go in to turret mode instead of looking at the left panel if you do it too quickly. it made farming take way longer than usual

both have ended up being closed as duplicates of each other
1716393178225.png

🥲

The issue has thankfully been Acknowledged, and is doing quite well for votes for what it’s worth.
I believe any issue closed as a duplicate should have a link to the live report, otherwise it just looks like the system trying to obfuscate things.
By the way, I don't really understand how "Context menu not showing up for ships after U18.02" is in any way related to button combos on non-directx joysticks triggering the individual buttons as well.

The issue was reported twice - 64095 and 64099 - and both have ended up being closed as duplicates of each other.

The Bug Tracker is certainly doing its job in preventing Frontier from finding out about bugs, but that particular method for doing it is a new one, for sure.
It is just a lesson in coordination. Why should their app do the work if people can coordinate each other to speak with one voice? We better get our act together and only file an issue exactly once, followed by many confirmations, then votes so FDev can close it with a "works as designed" ASAP. I mean, it is not like there isn't any software that the community could crank up to make a third-party coordination platform. I'd call it... "Elite Dangerous Bug Tracker", or EDBT for short.

By the way, I don't really understand how "Context menu not showing up for ships after U18.02" is in any way related to button combos on non-directx joysticks triggering the individual buttons as well.
If you read through the 7 pages of contributions to that report things may become clearer. The very first confirmation talks about button combos triggering the individual buttons as well.

The issue report title (and report description) may not be the most immediately obvious fit for the problem but FDev decided it was the same bug as the closed duplicate reports.

At least we can hope that means they understand the problem. Question is, what's the timeframe for a solution? I wanna play sometime before Christmas!

52 votes from a 6 million potential user pool is hardly an incentive for FD to leap into action if every duplicate read Acknowledged i imagine a specific control schemes.xml edit for that type of device would be on it's way

Last edited:
judjing by the amount of votes l thats not very many alien8tions
comon FD be a sport an edit the xml file in the custom schemes folder🤷‍♂️ to help those few who cant be bothered with apps to get there specific combos to work like the vast majority of non console compatible hotas users have to if they want user specific combos

Last edited:
No. The solution to Fdev breaking stuff is not to blame the customer. It's to make Fdev unbreak the stuff they broke.
I'm not blaming the customer, just pointing out there's a simple cheap solution to your problem of not being able to play.

And lets face it, fdev always stay silent on these issues until low and behold it appears in an update months or more later. Or doesn't. Either way, if you want to play just get a cheap temporary alternative.

Top Bottom