Elite Dangerous | Update 18.06 | Thargoid War overhaul |Tuesday 28 May 2024

Im regularly visiting one counterstrike sys and it has the same czs (the taranis one)
Some counterstrike systems near my location received AXCZ markers on dcoh earlier, so I'm gonna go check them out. But there are counterstrike systems who definately don't have CZs, or at least didn't earlier, and I think all 10+1 systems should get them with the Thu tick.

PS: the first system I checked was actually one I visited earlier, it has CZs now, but it didn't this morning. So this may be a server tick behavior... ?.. IDK...

Last edited:
I've searched and can't find it so apologies if I missed it. After the update, the greetings voice from stations/carrier that also tells you what slot to land on is muted and hard to hear. Is it just my setup? Any ideals on a fix or such Thanx

A Spire system is never part of spread pushback, and progresses on its own. Completing a Spire system to 100% will apply a total of 850% progress to the spread pushback systems.
I'm having a really hard time with the translation, I'll be looking for people to help me with that. Thank you for trying to explain it to me, I just don't understand - I can't get it or not ....

P.S.
And yes, are the closed Spires coming to life ? Maybe they're getting new ones ? I don't remember how we got spires and if they were the same number of spires on different Titans ?
Maybe if several systems are under Thargoid control long enough a new Spire appears ?

Last edited:
I don't remember how we got spires and if they were the same number of spires on different Titans
Update 16 added "Barnacle Matrix" sites to various control systems - not the same number at different Titans: Oya only got two, while others got up to nine.
In Update 17 all Barnacle Matrix sites turned into Spire sites.
Since then no new Barnacle Matrix or Spire systems have been added.

There seems to be a requirement for matrix/spires to be on thin-atmosphere worlds in uninhabited control systems, but there are hundreds of systems which meet that which didn't get them in Update 16 and haven't since.

I'm having a really hard time with the translation, I'll be looking for people to help me with that. Thank you for trying to explain it to me, I just don't understand - I can't get it or not ....
By "spread pushback" FD are referring to what was termed here as periphery systems. i.e. do 1% damage at a spire and that 1% is applied at the 10 furthest systems the Titan is affecting

Before the latest update only the 10 outermost systems were affected so completing them with other actions wasted their spire activity effect

After the update, if someone completed one of those 10 systems before spire activity ends, the next outermost system (11) has further spire activity applied and so on

Also, if a system is progressed by spire activity that can't be removed at the Thursday reset. So for example a system with 20% normal progress and 20% spread pushback now returns to 20% whereas before it would have reduced by 33% to 7% or thereabouts. This means we can continue with spire activity as Thursday approaches without risk of losing spire progress against affected systems

(I think that's correct anyway, and maybe we ought to use spread pushback as the term henceforth so there aren't multiple names for the same thing

Do spires collapse when the titan is destroyed, I've been in ED since '14 but never really got into the Thargoid war in any meaningful way, visiting the spires might be a good tourist zone if they are not active and deserted. Rather like ruins on earth 🤔

Do spires collapse when the titan is destroyed, I've been in ED since '14 but never really got into the Thargoid war in any meaningful way, visiting the spires might be a good tourist zone if they are not active and deserted. Rather like ruins on earth 🤔
Most spires will be in Control systems which are retaken on the way to weakening the Titan enough to destroy it, which disables them anyway, but yes, even if not they go inactive once the Titan is destroyed. Plenty of them to look around at the four defeated so far.

By "spread pushback" FD are referring to what was termed here as periphery systems. i.e. do 1% damage at a spire and that 1% is applied at the 10 furthest systems the Titan is affecting

Before the latest update only the 10 outermost systems were affected so completing them with other actions wasted their spire activity effect

After the update, if someone completed one of those 10 systems before spire activity ends, the next outermost system (11) has further spire activity applied and so on

Also, if a system is progressed by spire activity that can't be removed at the Thursday reset. So for example a system with 20% normal progress and 20% spread pushback now returns to 20% whereas before it would have reduced by 33% to 7% or thereabouts. This means we can continue with spire activity as Thursday approaches without risk of losing spire progress against affected systems

(I think that's correct anyway, and maybe we ought to use spread pushback as the term henceforth so there aren't multiple names for the same thing
Thank you. That's something.
Sorry, if you don't mind me asking for my greater understanding.
For example, there is 1 Titan, 9 spires and 60 systems.
1. When they say 10 systems is it 10 out of 60 ? (Farthest from Titan) ?
2. Does each of the 9 Spires affect the same 10 systems or does each Spire have its own 10 systems ?
3. If I choose from https://dcoh.watch/
Spires and 4 destroyed Titans I see Spires on 2 of them and with percentages what is it ?

Last edited:
1 Yes
2 All spires affect the 10 outermost systems as I understand. At Hadad use was made of this to choose a preferred spire (lower gravity or shorter distance from star if I recall)

Spires and 4 destroyed Titans I see Spires on 2 of them and with percentages what is it ?
A spire system that isn't retaken before the Titan is destroyed continues to have the spire site present - but it isn't active and just behaves like any other leftover control system (no regeneration, can be retaken eventually)

The inactive spires are good spots to visit and offer 3 lucrative exobio opportunities.
Check around the defeated Titans but beware that not all spire systems were completed at these leaving a number of inactive sites in occupied systems (currently 3).

Check around the defeated Titans but beware that not all spire systems were completed at these leaving a number of inactive sites in occupied systems (currently 3).
Technically, the Taranis ones had been disabled for a while before it started spreading back out, and took two of the systems back(without turning them back on). Not that it did a lot for it in the end…

… I do wonder if these are just going to remain as inert vestiges of the war long after it. Or if there’s going to be a ‘Thargoid cleanup crew’ picking up their stuff, since it doesn’t seem like humans are going to start picking those apart(unlike the Titan wrecks).

Top Bottom