Elite Dangerous Update 7 Progress

Pretty sure someone back there suggested that all negative comments are tantamount to abuse so yeah.. it cuts both ways guys. People who have paid money and are dissatisfied about the game have a right to voice that concern and people who are fed up of hearing that do too, but let's refrain from name calling and flinging mud at each other if we can help it eh!
You know me Piglet, as long as I have my Cutters I'm pretty happy no matter the state of the game!

I have 8 of them Cutters now, and I'll take one to go to Beagle point. Only 1100 jumps! Peanuts! 53 million rebuy, fully armed A-rated Cutter, with the most expensive hull in the game. Now now, if you're a true Imperial, you'll bask in the Abyss as well. Your Cutter will be the only shining thing in the black void. I'm also very conservative as my ship sits at 34 ly range, same the first ship had who went there. I'm definetely not an asp man though.

It'll also land on crashed fedneck ships. Just because.

Source: https://vimeo.com/606356784

You know me Piglet, as long as I have my Cutters I'm pretty happy no matter the state of the game!

I have 8 of them Cutters now, and I'll take one to go to Beagle point. Only 1100 jumps! Peanuts! 53 million rebuy, fully armed A-rated Cutter, with the most expensive hull in the game. Now now, if you're a true Imperial, you'll bask in the Abyss as well. Your Cutter will be the only shining thing in the black void. I'm also very conservative as my ship sits at 34 ly range, same the first ship had who went there. I'm definetely not an asp man though.

It'll also land on crashed fedneck ships. Just because.

Source: https://vimeo.com/606356784
BAAAASKK I say .. BAAAASSK

to bad, have to wait for the patch next week, was looking forward to see if Support missions would be more common.
really like those to get the stuff i need to upgrade my stuff.

If the delay means they have more time to do some extra QA testing, and maybe get a few more bugfixes tossed into the mix, I see no problem with that. The last thing we need is another rushed update.
This there is a reason patch notes are published after patch is available, they try to get as many stuff in as possible.

looking forward to the threads screaming i get disconnects, purple garden snake, etc. People still after 6 patches don't get that patch day is a bad day for gameplay since everyone is online downloading and entering the game, at the same time.

Lol. No CG this week so the delay was, in fact, for nothing.

You're are looking at it from the wrong side. Maybe there's no CG this week, because they are waiting for the fix to come out. And they delayed Update 7 so it can include the fix.

Otherwise there would be no CGs until Update 8 maybe, which I guess won't come before November/December.

So if there is a CG next week after Update 7 has been released, the delay would not have been for nothing.

You're are looking at it from the wrong side. Maybe there's no CG this week, because they are waiting for the fix to come out. And they delayed Update 7 so it can include the fix.

Otherwise there would be no CGs until Update 8 maybe, which I guess won't come before November/December.

So if there is a CG next week after Update 7 has been released, the delay would not have been for nothing.
Um... They released Update 6.01 five days after Update 6.

Last edited:
Um... They released Update 6.01 five days after Update 6.
"too much work" i heard

they might release 7.1 if things goes wrong with 7, hence why i thought the delay due to one single bug was weird to say the least.
Now no CG this week, then they deploy 7 next week and if cg still bugged, will be +1 week with that bug, then 7.1 comes with fixes inevitably, so the "too much work" just cost a week delay for virtually nothing

meh

ps: with "too much work" i mean this(so people won't come with the usual "can you point where they said exactly the words you are using?")

JpoYVLJ.png

Last edited:
"too much work" i heard

they might release 7.1 if things goes wrong with 7, hence why i thought the delay due to one single bug was weird to say the least.
Now no CG this week, then they deploy 7 next week and if cg still bugged, will be +1 week with that bug, then 7.1 comes with fixes inevitably, so the "too much work" just cost a week delay for virtually nothing

meh

ps: with "too much work" i mean this(so people won't come with the usual "can you point where they said exactly the words you are using?")

JpoYVLJ.png
I see "more complicated" and "extra time" - no mention of "too much work"

Also, "more complicated" and "extra time" are in direct contradiction to your assertion that releasing a follow up patch (without breaking more things and angering even more of the player base) is trivial. But then, that's what happens if they release a hasty patch that needs a follow up patch, so if some people are going to be upset regardless, might as well focus on the other and take the time to make sure the patch is actually ready for release (instead of repeating the mistakes that started this entire mess in the first place).

delaying a monthly patch for 1 single bug that affects CG? absolutely, else the next week cg will be harmed.
cutting off the CG this week to deploy that bug fix on 7.1 which is really likely to happen? absurd!!

still hope there is no need for 7.1, but givin the past experiences, might happen

what is done is done, i just find it funny (or sad, depends on the context)

Last edited:
And also like it or not, the constant drive of the doom narrative helped fuel that abuse - that's STILL going on, you only have to look through this thread that's just a couple of days old to see more blanket insults of the team.
I've noticed that the 'dissatisfied' have toned down their posted content - obviously the post on abuse has done some good.

Top Bottom