Elite Dangerous Update 7 Progress

Another update, they already have me up to the top of the crown, again you have to reprogram the hotas keys in Horizont, because they do not solve the one that every time they make an update, they erase the programming of the controls.
It's not hard to back up your bindings.....

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Would be nice to have a timescale for that, I seem to remember that the team were once working on Odyssey for consoles, and that didn't happen....

Yet.
Would be nice to have a timescale for that, I seem to remember that the team were once working on Odyssey for consoles, and that didn't happen....

Timescale for what, sorry?
Console are getting a Horizons QOL update scheduled for tomorrow, if that helps.

sallymorganmoore

You said you'll delay a medium sized patch because of a single new bug. Why not just hotfix it?
It seems like you are giving us half the reasons only or just being lazy. I think it is the former but it doesn't look nice after all the promises. Hence people are asking you questions you don't want to be raised.

Who said it was a 'Medium Sized patch', sorry?
Also you need to have a thorough understanding of how hotfixes and release management works to plan what goes out most efficiently and how. It was just very much more efficient and safe with testing to do it this way.

No offence but speaking to you as a human and not just a CM at Frontier, the misconception there of us being lazy too also doesn't make me want to go into massive details and length to support queries as hard as I am doing either, to be honest, but I'll keep trying.

Whatever information we have, you can darn well have it. We WANT to give it to you. If we don't have it, I can keep writing in here that we don't until we do but that'd be really exhausting for you as much as me.

sallymorganmoore

Thanks to consider it.

And... in that case, feel free to take on some of those (shamelessly listing my issues, feel free to come back to me to ask for more details, several of them affect EDH too, the criticality of each is off course in the eye of the beholder) on your waist too (never thought I will tell that to a woman...):

Issues tracker:
Missions:
Fleet Carriers:
Ship related:
On-foot:
Odyssey generic:
Keybindings:
And last but not least: some virtual flowers for your work here. Much appreciated!

I .....
gulps. Those virtual flowers will absolutely help with this list! Thank you very much!
Seriously though, that must have taken you ages. I'll keep them safe and let's see.

Who said it was a 'Medium Sized patch', sorry?
Also you need to have a thorough understanding of how hotfixes and release management works to plan what goes out most efficiently and how. It was just very much more efficient and safe with testing to do it this way.

No offence but speaking to you as a human and not just a CM at Frontier, the misconception there of us being lazy too also doesn't make me want to go into massive details and length to support queries as hard as I am doing either, to be honest, but I'll keep trying.

Whatever information we have, you can darn well have it. We WANT to give it to you. If we don't have it, I can keep writing in here that we don't until we do but that'd be really exhausting for you as much as me.
Just for the record, most of us don't think you are being lazy, and apreciate the time and effort you put in to communicating with us.

sallymorganmoore

At the very least, and before you finally stamp "expired" on the issue tracker, this thing needs to be moderated (and sometimes overruled!) by human intelligence. I'm sorry, but the only one who seems suitable for this task at the moment is you, Sally. 🥴

Btw, I still have far too many CTDs, especially when plotting routes for Apex (about one in 3 attempts). Is this somehow on the radar in-house? Look at my latest crash reports...

Here's my 2c of coding brilliance:

IF CTD = TRUE
then CTD = FALSE

🍌

Gosh, if I had to moderate the issue tracker then I'd absolutely have to wave goodbye to the rest of the CM role at this point, and I'd miss it very much.

So sorry to hear about the CTDs too. Will get your account combed through for those logs.

I .....
gulps. Those virtual flowers will absolutely help with this list! Thank you very much!
Seriously though, that must have taken you ages. I'll keep them safe and let's see.
As it takes time to fill the issue reports, I first collected the bugs, and then it took 2h to fill out the forms. So if you need someone to come up with some points about improving the issue tracker...
And to be honest, there are more bugs I could fill now, but why should I if they move into the expired state after a while... (just a soft little nudge between the lines... at some point I will file them ... when I have a bunch more).

sallymorganmoore

Just for the record, most of us don't think you are being lazy, and apreciate the time and effort you put in to communicating with us.

Thoughtful of you to say o7
Sorry but with the number of hours we pull, the sweat we dab and everything it takes to pedal this machine...those kinds of assumptions don't help my legs go faster. They do their best to make them slower, if anything, so let's not do that and keep going.

sallymorganmoore

Same here, I appreciate everything you have done so far, keep up the good work and don't let it get you down, there will always be people who focus on the negative side of anything!

These thoughts from you both are like power-ups.

I absolutely can sympathise and do with many of our Commanders who have felt let down in ways, but allow me the energy and will to help you a bit in-between with some "constructive...ness" from you in return now and then (like the 90% of you do, thank you!<3).

Thanks for sharing your thoughts in return again anyway, super star.

Right...huge day ahead! Head down, let's go!

I’d also like to give my thanks to Sally for all the obvious hard work she’s putting in and what I imagine is a lot of not obvious hard work that we players don’t see 👍

Also I’d like to give thumb-guns to the devs - considering VR wasn’t originally going to be supported for Odyssey, it is still getting a bit of love in the Updates which is very heartening to me. Shameless plug to the thread I’ve been maintaining since EDO released:
Any fellow goggle-heads who have spare votes, please have a look and click-click them into the Top 20 😁

sallymorganmoore

I’d also like to give my thanks to Sally for all the obvious hard work she’s putting in and what I imagine is a lot of not obvious hard work that we players don’t see 👍

Also I’d like to give thumb-guns to the devs - considering VR wasn’t originally going to be supported for Odyssey, it is still getting a bit of love in the Updates which is very heartening to me. Shameless plug to the thread I’ve been maintaining since EDO released:
Any fellow goggle-heads who have spare votes, please have a look and click-click them into the Top 20 😁

Yeah! Like I just wanna reiterate that yes, we did state there would be no additional development for strictly VR features and such in Odyssey BUT that's not to say we aren't able to address issues present and haunting the current level of VR available in Odyssey.

We'll do what we can with making sure what came with Odyssey still functions as best possible if you face bugs with it o7

Top Bottom