Elite is a disaster and creators couldn't care!

So as we are all aware much discontent is amongst the elite community as well as all over youtube, even content creators are suffering at the demise of elite. Like a slow burning mega ship running out of fuel and life support systems shutting down, FDEV keep heading towards a burning rear hot sun of eternal doom instead of turning it away from impending disaster, rather then listen to their crew (the fans),the over confident cocky nature of the bridge crew and its captain fail to acknowledge the warning signs and cries for help as they fall upon deaf FDEV ears...

What will be of elite and its future? I think we all know but FDEV don't...

There has been many ideas on how elite can be saved, personally for me reverting the hot spot nerfs and void opal nerfs would be a start as well as what happened to painite and LTDs also, the game shouldn't be a grind..atleast as bad as it is now, mining was fun, I adapted to musgravite and made money but also they nerfed hotspots.

The changes to combat and exploration happened to be a very welcomed feature but you don't rob Peter to pay Paul.. this is what went wrong, with the lack of new ships it all became to easy and what could of kept it all well balanced would have been more new ships and weapons at much more higher cost then the cutter, creativity escaped FDEV.

With a lack of new more expensive ships and weapons, with a lack of new tech for thargoid fights, nerfering weapons and guardian fighters things just got worse for elite and again FDEV failed to listen.

So that is my take, now I want to give you all an opertunity to express your ideas on elite and what elite could, would and should be, what elite was to those ling term vets and give a platform to tell fdev right here and now how to fix this, we all know even us horizons players have been screwed before and after Odessey came out in the state it did, we also know how elite used to be, so, to all of you, please take time to constructively express how elite could be fixed, what you want to see and hopefully i can get their attention, if they want to play deaf then we will get in the faces of FDEV.

Please keep it constructive and creative not swear and carry on in bad manners, just for those who want to be a smart .

Last edited by a moderator:
MORE DOOM! MORE DOOM! MORE DOOM! MORE DOOM!

194b3ab0315cbbdc4fde2888491ede75.gif

So as we are all aware much discontent is amongst the elite community as well as all over youtube, even content creators are suffering at the demise of elite. Like a slow burning mega ship running out of fuel and life support systems shutting down, FDEV keep heading towards a burning rear hot sun of eternal doom instead of turning it away from impending disaster, rather then listen to their crew (the fans),the over confident cocky nature of the bridge crew and its captain fail to acknowledge the warning signs and cries for help as they fall upon deaf FDEV ears...

What will be of elite and its future? I think we all know but FDEV don't...

There has been many ideas on how elite can be saved, personally for me reverting the hot spot nerfs and void opal nerfs would be a start as well as what happened to painite and LTDs also, the game shouldn't be a grind..atleast as bad as it is now, mining was fun, I adapted to musgravite and made money but also they nerfed hotspots.

The changes to combat and exploration happened to be a very welcomed feature but you don't rob Peter to pay Paul.. this is what went wrong, with the lack of new ships it all became to easy and what could of kept it all well balanced would have been more new ships and weapons at much more higher cost then the cutter, creativity escaped FDEV.

With a lack of new more expensive ships and weapons, with a lack of new tech for thargoid fights, nerfering weapons and guardian fighters things just got worse for elite and again FDEV failed to listen.

So that is my take, now I want to give you all an opertunity to express your ideas on elite and what elite could, would and should be, what elite was to those ling term vets and give a platform to tell fdev right here and now how to fix this, we all know even us horizons players have been screwed before and after Odessey came out in the state it did, we also know how elite used to be, so, to all of you, please take time to constructively express how elite could be fixed, what you want to see and hopefully i can get their attention, if they want to play deaf then we will get in the faces of FDEV.

Please keep it constructive and creative not swear and carry on in bad manners, just for those who want to be a smart anus...

Buffs and nerfs have nothing to do with the life of the game. Mining is a minor aspect of the game as a whole, and the idea that just making it the most profitable activity again would somehow revitalize it is silly. Especially since mining is still a perfectly profitable activity. It's probably the third most profitable activity in the game at present.

The changes that need to happen to the game to make it better involve profound changes to gameplay, and those changes don't come as easily as just making minerals worth 1.7m again.

I'd suggest you take a closer look at how you play the game, what you actually DO with your credits once you have them, and perhaps then you'll start to see where the game can best be improved.

Buffs and nerfs have nothing to do with the life of the game. Mining is a minor aspect of the game as a whole, and the idea that just making it the most profitable activity again would somehow revitalize it is silly. Especially since mining is still a perfectly profitable activity. It's probably the third most profitable activity in the game at present.

The changes that need to happen to the game to make it better involve profound changes to gameplay, and those changes don't come as easily as just making minerals worth 1.7m again.

I'd suggest you take a closer look at how you play the game, what you actually DO with your credits once you have them, and perhaps then you'll start to see where the game can best be improved.
Ofcorse, this is just one of the small aspects, im an explorer now days, made more exploring then mining, I hate that I seem to convey this is the only thing for elite when really I am trying to say ..what other things are there..

They got rid of player-written galnet articles with very good reason. When players read Galnet articles, they expect them to have a meaningful impact on the game. When you're reading loads of random garbage about how some dude watered his plants today and thought about his mother, you quickly learn to ignore galnet entirely.

The same exact thing applies to adding bases and stuff out in the galaxy. Fleet Carriers are bad enough, imagine if you could randomly stumble across some janky abandoned base out in the middle of nowhere? For a few moments you're excited, thinking you found something cool, only for it to be "Sgt Johnson's Sausage Factory" and the guy placed all his buildings in the shape of a moon-sized phallus. If players are to modify the universe, it should require massive effort of multiple players or one player over a very long time. Definitely not a wide scattering of bases across the known universe.

A living economy is a death trap. It's basically impossible to balance naturally when players don't really care, and can always delete their account and make a new one. EVE has a whole team of economists on staff, just to keep things from kicking out, falling over, and catching fire.

Heck, even giving players agency is a risky move at best. The CGs are living proof of that. Give them a CG without a substantial bias via engineered module, and invariably players will pick the worst option. There is no real roleplaying, only a bunch of anarchists only concerned with profit and chaos.

I had no idea players created galnet content, I knew you could suggest but that never goes anywhere,or they take the ideas un accredited to the players, brilliant imput by the way!

FD listening to the "fans" is an impossible ask because we all want different things.

I actually do think the devs care, their jobs may depend on turning it around, however like a fully loaded oil tanker "fixing" parts of the game may be a really hard thing to turn around.

As for.xredit buffs........ No thanks I actually would prefer a complete economy reboot . Missions to deliver 100 tons of manure paying 10x more than me actually supplying said manure and delivering it myself make no sense to me.
But what I would like to see others would hate.

For instance...... My preference on the economy.....
Let's talk trade IF you have a t9 imo you should not be able to rock up and buy 700 tons of computer parts continually ..... Very quickly the supply should be exhausted.
Equally I think a fully player fueled economy would not work either... But I would like the game to better simulate supply (even if it is fake) so once you get to 150ton+ cargo I would like to see limits put on what you could buy, IF you want 700 tons of computers you would be expected to deliver close to 700 tons of components. Equally if you want to buy 700 tons of components you would be expected to deliver similar amounts of stuff they need (let's say metals) and then going back one more , medicines and food stuffs, then back one more still, farming equipment, computers etc ultimately making players with big ships have to create large multistop trade routes.
Each step in the route should be profitable.
I think the buy price of all commodities should probably be increased but so should the sell price.
This in turn would have a knock on effect to piracy which would be worthwhile ... At the moment it is not worth my time picking up 90% of what ships drop (outside of specific edge cases).
There needs to be a way of legal reclamation as well so if I bounty hunt and the bad guy drops something, make it worth my time to pick up and allow me to hand it in legally (my guy tries to be law abiding)

And this is just base game examples.

You know I have gone off a tangent really. Bottom line... I don't think the game is doomed, despite personally thinking ED:O is a mess.

I do think it's gone in a direction I never expected or wanted it to go. I don't think listening to fans is the answer I think they should listen to their own design documents.

I don't want the changes in the OP however I do know that much.......
All I expect however now if for them to fix performance, make it mechanically work properly... And maybe that will be enough to keep the game alive.
The game I expected however I don't think is coming.

Last edited:
They got rid of player-written galnet articles with very good reason. When players read Galnet articles, they expect them to have a meaningful impact on the game. When you're reading loads of random garbage about how some dude watered his plants today and thought about his mother, you quickly learn to ignore galnet entirely.

The same exact thing applies to adding bases and stuff out in the galaxy. Fleet Carriers are bad enough, imagine if you could randomly stumble across some janky abandoned base out in the middle of nowhere? For a few moments you're excited, thinking you found something cool, only for it to be "Sgt Johnson's Sausage Factory" and the guy placed all his buildings in the shape of a moon-sized phallus. If players are to modify the universe, it should require massive effort of multiple players or one player over a very long time. Definitely not a wide scattering of bases across the known universe.

A living economy is a death trap. It's basically impossible to balance naturally when players don't really care, and can always delete their account and make a new one. EVE has a whole team of economists on staff, just to keep things from kicking out, falling over, and catching fire.

Heck, even giving players agency is a risky move at best. The CGs are living proof of that. Give them a CG without a substantial bias via engineered module, and invariably players will pick the worst option. There is no real roleplaying, only a bunch of anarchists only concerned with profit and chaos.
Well said, so over those random CGs with no real reward apart from a crappy module or nothing, just a story in galnet, all this hype about new tech to fight thargs and saving humanity from destruction annnnd..nothing.. thanks so much for your input:)

FD listening to the "fans" is an impossible ask because we all want different things.

I actually do think the devs care, their jobs may depend on turning it around, however like a fully loaded oil tanker "fixing" parts of the game may be a really hard thing to turn around.

As for.xredit buffs........ No thanks I actually would prefer a complete economy reboot . Missions to deliver 100 tons of manure paying 10x more than me actually supplying said manure and delivering it myself make no sense to me.
But what I would like to see others would hate.

For instance...... My preference on the economy.....
Let's talk trade IF you have a t9 imo you should not be able to rock up and buy 700 tons of computer parts continually ..... Very quickly the supply should be exhausted.
Equally I think a fully player fueled economy would not work either... But I would like the game to better simulate supply (even if it nis fake) so once you get to 150ton+ cargo I would like to see limits put on what you could buy, IF you want 700 tons of computers you would be expected to deliver close to 700 tons of components. Equally if you want to buy 700 tons of components you would be expected to deliver similar amounts of stuff they need (let's say metals) and then going back one more , medicines and food stuffs, then back one more still, farming equipment, computers etc ultimately making players with big ships have to create large multistop trade routes.
Each step in the route should be profitable.
I think the buy price of all commodities should probably be increased but so should the sell price.
This in turn would have a knock on effect to piracy which would be worthwhile ... At the moment it is not worth my time picking up 90% of what ships drop (outside of specific edge cases).
There needs to be a way of legal reclamation as well so if I bounty hunt and the bad guy drops something, make it with my time to pick up

And this is just base game examples.

You know I have gone off a tangent really. Bottom line... I don't think the game is doomed, despite personally thinking ED:O is a mess.

I do think it's gone in a direction I never expected or wanted it to go. I don't think listening to fans is the answer I think they should listen to their own design documents.

I don't want the changes in the OP however I do know that much.......
All I expect however now if for them to fix performance, make it mechanically work properly... And maybe that will be enough to keep the game alive.
The game I expected however I don't think is coming.
I actually very much welcome your opinion despite what others might hate, the purpose of this thread is to gain perspective and new ideas, and that makes this post brilliant!

And yet, so far, they have released 6 updates that have improved matters...

Obviously not to your specific liking, but heck, the game isn't just for you is it...

Top Bottom