News #Elite30Years - 10 day stream-athon!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
You know what.. I have to say, I really thought these 10 days would have resulted in some really exciting news but its been totally underwhelming.

I mean what has really happened? A £10 paintjob thats annoyed and divided us and a few goodie bags passed around. I know we're likely to see lots of great new things come 30th but really.. Pretty lame so far right?

Hopefully, there is gonna be some real wow factor come tomorrow.

Last edited:
You know what.. I have to say, I really thought these 10 days would have resulted in some really exciting news but its been totally underwhelming.

I mean what has really happened? A £10 paintjob thats annoyed and divided us and a few goodie bags passed around. I know we're likely to see lots of great new things come 30th but really.. Pretty lame so far right?

In my opinion paintjob didn't divide anything, people complaining about MT cosmetics complain about...more expensive MT cosmetics, news at eleven. I understand subject, but it's dead horse at this point. I am not fan of Cobra skin setup, but that's for FD to understand mistakes and work on them.

So news? Galnet alerts have been well written and very entertaining, and I can't wait how events will turn out. Surprises? Maybe not for everyone. Enjoyable? Certainly for me. Tomorrow and then next three days will bring stream of news because of EGX presence, trough David's stream, media reports, etc.

I also enjoy streaming people do, thanks Kerrash for organizing it.

Totally agree, I honestly would have thought something special would be on the cards.

the goody bag is a rather poor collection of freebies that was similar to what was given away at the Bafta event. and having them exclusively given away by the twitch streamers is a little poor. not everyone wants to watch other people play a game they already own.

why couldn't they do a forum giveaway. me and grant was able to do a competition giveaway at the beginning of the year with posters and mugs. its easy to do.

having the nice 30th anniversary cobra paint job with its hefty price tag only fuelled the flames by having the price of a cobra reduced hoping that those who owned a cobra would be more inclined to buy the skin.

very disappointed by the whole event really, maybe I just expected to much.

ill tell you another thing, I bet the official launch party event will just be biscuits with a free cup of diluted orange juice. maybe a free A4 bit of paper with a cut out space station printed on it.

UjWb5mG.gif

Totally agree, I honestly would have thought something special would be on the cards.

the goody bag is a rather poor collection of freebies that was similar to what was given away at the Bafta event. and having them exclusively given away by the twitch streamers is a little poor. not everyone wants to watch other people play a game they already own.

why couldn't they do a forum giveaway. me and grant was able to do a competition giveaway at the beginning of the year with posters and mugs. its easy to do.

having the nice 30th anniversary cobra paint job with its hefty price tag only fuelled the flames by having the price of a cobra reduced hoping that those who owned a cobra would be more inclined to buy the skin.

very disappointed by the whole event really, maybe I just expected to much.

ill tell you another thing, I bet the official launch party event will just be biscuits with a free cup of diluted orange juice. maybe a free A4 bit of paper with a cut out space station printed on it.

Agreed.
I mean, I'm happy with the weekly newsletter and beta2 announcement ....I even bought the Cobra skin, I don't mind financially supporting them a little more ......

But just don't announce a 10 day celebration with daily surprises if you don't have much of anything behind it.

It's lucky they didn't, then!

If we were to have ten days or rain, ten days of wind and ten days of cold you would quite rightly expect there'd be rain wind and it'd be cold on each of the ten days.

So when FD say "We are planning 10 days of surprises, announcements and competitions" is it so unreasonable to expect surprises announcements and competitions on each day?

and having them exclusively given away by the twitch streamers is a little poor. not everyone wants to watch other people play a game they already own.

Very much agree with this. "10 days of celebration"... if you watch Twitch, and if you use Twitter, etc... it should all have been done via the newsletter (which announced the whole thing!) with the forums used for anything that required interaction.

So when FD say "We are planning 10 days of surprises, announcements and competitions" is it so unreasonable to expect surprises announcements and competitions on each day?

Is this a serious question?

Perhaps I'm not being helpful enough.

Here's a form for everyone to use...

________FRONTIER DEVELOPMENTS SURPRISE TRACKING CHART______
____________|SURPRISE|ANNOUNCEMENT|COMPETITION|____________
SAT SEP 20 .... [ ] ..... [ ] ....... [ ] .(Tick or Cross).
SAT SEP 21 .... [ ] ..... [ ] ....... [ ] .................
SAT SEP 22 .... [ ] ..... [ ] ....... [ ] .................
SAT SEP 23 .... [ ] ..... [ ] ....... [ ] .................
SAT SEP 24 .... [ ] ..... [ ] ....... [ ] .................
SAT SEP 25 .... [ ] ..... [ ] ....... [ ] .................
SAT SEP 26 .... [ ] ..... [ ] ....... [ ] .................
SAT SEP 27 .... [ ] ..... [ ] ....... [ ] .................
SAT SEP 28 .... [ ] ..... [ ] ....... [ ] .................
SAT SEP 29 .... [ ] ..... [ ] ....... [ ] .................

Tick or cross as you progress through Frontier's TEN DAYS OF SURPRISES, ANNOUNCEMENTS AND COMPETITIONS.

Compare with your friends!

Discuss the distinction between a surprise and an announcement!

Send your results to Michael Brookes. Better still, Edward Lewis, that new guy... who hasn't been reduced to a weeping mess of nerves. Yet.

Edward can collate them all, mark them, return them, and can then formulate an Action Plan designed to increase (or decrease) the volume of surprises, announcements and competitions Frontier will prepare for Elite's 40th Anniversary.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom