Having the following issue
1) installed razor Synapse 3 (as i followed the instructions on git)
**Note only the Synapse 3 was installed. nothing else (all other apps are unchecked as i assumed only the Synapse app is needed)
2) when running elite chroma I get an error "elite chrome is unable to find the razer chroma SDK"
Also i didn't find the option to install the SDK...

your kind help is needed

Update:

Even that the installation steps don't mention to install any other module (only Synapse 3) I tried installing the Chroma connect module.
Now Elite Chroma app starts and then immediately crashes, event log shows 2 entries:
(note i tried also running as admin with same results and also note this is fresh win11 installation + all latest .NET distributions)

1) under .NET runtime
Application: EliteChroma.exe
CoreCLR Version: 6.0.2523.51912
.NET Version: 6.0.25
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key 'TGFactory' was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at EliteFiles.Internal.JsonStringEnumNameConverter`1.Read(Utf8JsonReader& reader, Type typeToConvert, JsonSerializerOptions options) in C:\Dev\GitHub\poveden\EliteChroma\src\EliteFiles\Internal\JsonStringEnumNameConverter.cs:line 17
at System.Text.Json.Serialization.JsonConverter`1.TryRead(Utf8JsonReader& reader, Type typeToConvert, JsonSerializerOptions options, ReadStack& state, T& value)
at System.Text.Json.Serialization.Metadata.JsonPropertyInfo`1.ReadJsonAndSetMember(Object obj, ReadStack& state, Utf8JsonReader& reader)
at System.Text.Json.Serialization.Converters.ObjectDefaultConverter`1.OnTryRead(Utf8JsonReader& reader, Type typeToConvert, JsonSerializerOptions options, ReadStack& state, T& value)
at System.Text.Json.Serialization.Converters.JsonMetadataServicesConverter`1.OnTryRead(Utf8JsonReader& reader, Type typeToConvert, JsonSerializerOptions options, ReadStack& state, T& value)
at System.Text.Json.Serialization.JsonConverter`1.TryRead(Utf8JsonReader& reader, Type typeToConvert, JsonSerializerOptions options, ReadStack& state, T& value)
at System.Text.Json.Serialization.JsonConverter`1.ReadCore(Utf8JsonReader& reader, JsonSerializerOptions options, ReadStack& state)
at System.Text.Json.Serialization.JsonConverter`1.ReadCoreAsObject(Utf8JsonReader& reader, JsonSerializerOptions options, ReadStack& state)
at System.Text.Json.JsonSerializer.ReadFromSpan[TValue](ReadOnlySpan`1 utf8Json, JsonTypeInfo jsonTypeInfo, Nullable`1 actualByteCount)
at System.Text.Json.JsonSerializer.ReadDocument[TValue](JsonDocument document, JsonTypeInfo jsonTypeInfo)
at System.Text.Json.JsonSerializer.Deserialize(JsonDocument document, Type returnType, JsonSerializerContext context)
at EliteFiles.Journal.Internal.JournalEntryConverter.Read(Utf8JsonReader& reader, Type typeToConvert, JsonSerializerOptions options) in C:\Dev\GitHub\poveden\EliteChroma\src\EliteFiles\Journal\Internal\JournalEntryConverter.cs:line 31
at System.Text.Json.Serialization.JsonConverter`1.ReadCore(Utf8JsonReader& reader, JsonSerializerOptions options, ReadStack& state)
at System.Text.Json.JsonSerializer.ReadFromSpan[TValue](ReadOnlySpan`1 utf8Json, JsonTypeInfo jsonTypeInfo, Nullable`1 actualByteCount)
at System.Text.Json.JsonSerializer.Deserialize[TValue](ReadOnlySpan`1 utf8Json, JsonTypeInfo`1 jsonTypeInfo)
at EliteFiles.Journal.JournalReader.TryReadEntryFromBuffer(JournalEntry& entry) in C:\Dev\GitHub\poveden\EliteChroma\src\EliteFiles\Journal\JournalReader.cs:line 101
at EliteFiles.Journal.JournalReader.ReadEntry() in C:\Dev\GitHub\poveden\EliteChroma\src\EliteFiles\Journal\JournalReader.cs:line 53
at EliteFiles.Journal.JournalWatcher.DispatchEventsFromJournal() in C:\Dev\GitHub\poveden\EliteChroma\src\EliteFiles\Journal\JournalWatcher.cs:line 161
at EliteFiles.Journal.JournalWatcher.JournalReadTimer_Elapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e) in C:\Dev\GitHub\poveden\EliteChroma\src\EliteFiles\Journal\JournalWatcher.cs:line 139
at EliteFiles.Journal.JournalWatcher.JournalReadTimer_Elapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e) in C:\Dev\GitHub\poveden\EliteChroma\src\EliteFiles\Journal\JournalWatcher.cs:line 149
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__128_1(Object state)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallbackDefaultContext.Execute()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading.PortableThreadPool.WorkerThread.WorkerThreadStart()
at System.Threading.Thread.StartCallback()

2) under application error

Faulting application name: EliteChroma.exe, version: 1.18.1.0, time stamp: 0x64e81669
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2792, time stamp: 0x3091b6fb
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000006567c
Faulting process id: 0x0x1B30
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA4020375B42FF
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\EliteChroma\EliteChroma.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: ef75fd53-ea04-4c65-be4e-ce94829de731
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: EliteChroma.exe, version: 1.18.1.0, time stamp: 0x64e81669
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2792, time stamp: 0x3091b6fb
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000006567c
Faulting process id: 0x0x1B30
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA4020375B42FF
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\EliteChroma\EliteChroma.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: ef75fd53-ea04-4c65-be4e-ce94829de731
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

The TG Factory error/crash is due to new thargoid content that EC doesn't recoginse. I had it with the maelstroms until Elrith updated it. He had issues getting notifications from the forums so my guess is thats the issue now as the last issue I raised is still untouched. I'll raise an issue on github as thats where he initially responded before.

The TG Factory error/crash is due to new thargoid content that EC doesn't recoginse. I had it with the maelstroms until Elrith updated it. He had issues getting notifications from the forums so my guess is thats the issue now as the last issue I raised is still untouched. I'll raise an issue on github as thats where he initially responded before.
Thanks, u mean my startup crash and error is related to the thargoid content even that the game is still not running?
regardless appreciated if you can add my crash/logs to the GIT and hopefully to have this fixed asap.
many thanks

Thanks, u mean my startup crash and error is related to the thargoid content even that the game is still not running?
regardless appreciated if you can add my crash/logs to the GIT and hopefully to have this fixed asap.
many thanks
Sorry for the long delay. Version 1.18.2 is out with the fix. Please grab it and let me know how it goes.

Top Bottom