Hardware & Technical Enable Dual Monitors!

It does requires that you sit, with your controls and whatnots, in the same position all the time

Thanks. I will be sitting and I always know where my whatnots are; it's my joystick that's the problem 'cause it's got lots of buttons and knobs :D

Joysticks?

Are there any decent joysticks out there? I thought they tended to be hideously expensive flight sim things nowadays...:eek:

Seen this off another forum for DayZ game..

Now thats a set up Three playing screens and a map screen and even a map up on the wall....:D

Sickness_zps76747cfd.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a GTX680 from OCUK, and it arrived not working. I have phoned them up and they have instantly agreed to RMA it. I have bought loads of stuff from OCUK, from water cooling kit, to CPU's, HDD's, SSD's etc. and their service is always brilliant. It was just pot luck on the GTX680. This is the first thing I've bought from OCUK that's ever gone wrong for me.

Brian :)

I bought the Saitek Cyborg Evo and it's sat behind my monitor gathering dust ever since.

I was very disappointed with it; it looks the biz, but the spring-loaded auto-centering system feels absolutely horrid. It's fighting your inputs all the time, without reason or meaning - it's like some kind of mindless dumb feedback that doesn't want you to do anything.

In desperation i tried bunching up the spring with wire ties, but then there's no centering at all. What you really need is real physics - the stick should be responding to the flight surfaces, such that you can feel the airstream around your plane, and its stresses and limits (ie. the feedback from a stalled surface would become limp, while that from an overstressed surface would become overly stiff, even though the craft itself doesn't respond in either situation).

A small analogue yoke without centering, like the sort of BBC kit you used to build yourself from Radioshack pots and a connector pinout, would be preferable to a clunky 15-button monstrosity like a Cyborg..

If i ever buy another stick it'll have to be force feedback, and any game i use it on will need to take input from a real physics engine, rather than canned FX.

My 2¢...

Last edited:

Slopey

Volunteer Moderator
What you really need is real physics - the stick should be responding to the flight surfaces, such that you can feel the airstream around your plane, and its stresses and limits

Unless you're flying a fly by wire aircraft... ;)

True, i've actually flown an A320 simulator (among others), when a friend-of-a-friend worked as night security at a training center near Gatwick - over 20 years ago now.. I remember being amazed at the little side-mounted gaming-style joysticks, though can't recall if they had feedback or not.

Ideally though i guess it should be something like power-steering, where you can still feel what's going on..

Top Bottom