End of the Road

Hats off and Huzzah to both of you. I'll smoke you both a kipper.

One thought/idea, well 2...
As far as I can recall, I've never seen germanium pop out of an asteroid. doesn't mean it can't happen, though.
But I have seen SRV wreckage on planet surfaces, sometimes with material canisters scattered about that can be picked up, so could materials be transferred from one SRV to another? I've never tried it.

Best of luck Commanders!

Not that I am aware of - but again, it's not something I have ever really looked into. My understanding is that materials are different from canisters/cargo. I hope so as I don't have a cargo hold on the Lakon Type 6E! And enjoy the kipper!

Yeah, you can always scoop materials if your inventory isn't full. No cargo space required. Also I have several asteroid locations in Colonia that drop Germanium and have seen every material except the 6 very rare ones drop from asteroids.

Yeah, you can always scoop materials if your inventory isn't full. No cargo space required. Also I have several asteroid locations in Colonia that drop Germanium and have seen every material except the 6 very rare ones drop from asteroids.
Cool! Do you know of any that drop Polonium? It's as rare as polonium dust!

Awesome. This is the kind of thread I needed to restore my faith. :)

Good luck, commanders.
Be prepared that finding Germanium in the ring can take days. If not eternity. :x

Good luck to the rescuers! Hope you get there first, Chiggy. And don't be distracted by blue shinies, you can get them on your way back.

Oh, and hope it's not aliens who will first find you!

Hats off and Huzzah to both of you. I'll smoke you both a kipper.

One thought/idea, well 2...
As far as I can recall, I've never seen germanium pop out of an asteroid. doesn't mean it can't happen, though.
But I have seen SRV wreckage on planet surfaces, sometimes with material canisters scattered about that can be picked up, so could materials be transferred from one SRV to another? I've never tried it.

Best of luck Commanders!

I did find Germanium during 2.1 testing, but only in a HiRes, and only using a prospector limpet controller. It wasn't very extensive testing, though, might be possible outside a RES.

Good luck out there!

Thanks to everyone for the support - it is very much appreciated! And especially to Chiggy - his instant response so early on in this thread has taken away a feeling of stupidity and hopelessness. I am now galvanised into surviving this dead end - wait, Germanium takes days? DAYS???

It won't take days unless you forget to ditch a location once you've found 3 other common elements.

I just got 12 from a metal rich ring near Colonia Dream. Had to dump some.

Last edited:
You could always submit a ticket and hope for a friendly helping hand, they are decent chaps at FD.
Don't hit the kill switch until you have explored all possibilities CMDR.
Good luck o7.

You could always submit a ticket and hope for a friendly helping hand, they are decent chaps at FD.
Don't hit the kill switch until you have explored all possibilities CMDR.
Good luck o7.

I thought of that but felt I would be cheating as it was my own fault and not a glitch.

It won't take days unless you forget to ditch a location once you've found 3 other common elements.

I just got 12 from a metal rich ring near Colonia Dream. Had to dump some.

Dump some? Blimey, now that just cruel!!!

Top Bottom