Engineer blueprints un-pinning themselves?

Isn't visiting them for experimental effects and gaining rank with the engineer enough?

Apparently not!

Gaining rank could be done in one trip - experimental effect, yep, that's something you kind of have to do a fair bit.

Thing is, since remote engineering, you don't need to go there anywhere near as much - so, this helps a bit.

I have had this happen sooooo many times.
much longer than a year BTW, this has been going on since day 1 of being able to pin blueprints. and reported many times by many cmdrs.
LONG before the bug tracker was a thing.

having multiple accounts seems to be the cause for me anyway.
making a pin in 1 account, removes from another account.
so I learned to have more than 1 account logged in at the same time, and watch in one account while I pin in another.
then fly that account there and repin....nice

best result I get is when I pin a blueprint, I then unpin it and repin it.
this way never seems to affect my other accounts.

as a programmer it makes no sense. even if all my account info is on my pc...it should be separate where ever it is stored.
so in my opinion, there is a flaw in the code.
like my system map and galaxy map, all belong to all accounts(not bookmarks) are shared.
plot a course in 1 account, log off, log in with another account and I can fly the route plotted by the other account.

that's nothing.
I and others have had numerous modules revert to a previous state.
I have had cutters in more than 1 account, fully engineered and outfitted in a specific way.
then log in one day to see the ship is the same as it was prior to all engineering, or set back 3 months..
I have had this happen so many times..I assumed fdev hard drive failure. I already know they don't care so why complain, just re-fng engineer, replace modules again..etc...
there is a pattern to this as well it seems.
Anytime I have spent days gathering materials to a build like this, within a few months of doing so, all engineering and mats related to that effort disappear.
it happened to that same cutter 3 times. this peeved me big time...but what can be done? a ticket takes too long, faster to rebuild.
seems to be a lot of odd bugs related to engineering.

Last edited:
Top Bottom