Engineering convention

o7 fellow cmdrs

we all have spend several hours traveling between those engineers just for some special effects,
id like to come with a new indea to tha table to have an engineering convention like every 3 months all engis out of the buble
meet in some sector could be even a bit of the buble away ( maybe in a system where you get permission for when unlocked all engis) ...
maybe even accompanied by some cg or new modules or effects ...

o7

Engineering is definitely easier in Colonia. Took a lot of people, a lot of work to make it that way.
yeah you are right its easy in colonia ... but you cant go all the 20kly everytime you engi some stuff ... yeah staying ther is maybe not bad too if ther wehre more cs tahrgoids and powerplay
but nothing

Calling Theta 7.... calling Theta 7.....
4PDoJSq.jpeg

o7 fellow cmdrs

we all have spend several hours traveling between those engineers just for some special effects,
id like to come with a new indea to tha table to have an engineering convention like every 3 months all engis out of the buble
meet in some sector could be even a bit of the buble away ( maybe in a system where you get permission for when unlocked all engis) ...
maybe even accompanied by some cg or new modules or effects ...

o7
Knowing FD, around those days, all mats traders will prolly go on school trip to Beagle Point.

Been away for a good while, speaking about engineers , have they improved them at all or is it still a crap-shoot on what upgrades you get? I never could wrap my head around going to guy to get better stuff, pay them in both goods and credits and then have a chance to get crap, you wouldn't go to a car shop, pay for a better booster only to find out you have to spin a wheel to see what you get, SMH.

Been away for a good while, speaking about engineers , have they improved them at all or is it still a crap-shoot on what upgrades you get? I never could wrap my head around going to guy to get better stuff, pay them in both goods and credits and then have a chance to get crap, you wouldn't go to a car shop, pay for a better booster only to find out you have to spin a wheel to see what you get, SMH.
Not been that way for while now. The upgrades are now set amounts for each level of engineering. There is some random variation to the material cost to complete each level.

You'll always get improvement but no longer have the chance of that hyper-engineered module.

Tech brokers are starting to stock some nice stuff now though. You can buy some double-engineered off-the-shelf modules from them.

Tech brokers are starting to stock some nice stuff now though. You can buy some double-engineered off-the-shelf modules from them.
If this goes on there will be a point where noone engineers anymore because its become pointless. That is the nature of power creep - it makes existing stuff obsolete.

well I went back to the engineer for frameshift,, if I recall, 5 bolts is maxed right? also, when I click on it I get this message stating "Your previously upgraded module requires conversion to the new standards. to accomplish this the module will be downgraded by 1 grade. ect.... " so is this normal and will I have to do this and then pay her again to get it back to 5 bolts (maxed) ??

well I went back to the engineer for frameshift,, if I recall, 5 bolts is maxed right? also, when I click on it I get this message stating "Your previously upgraded module requires conversion to the new standards. to accomplish this the module will be downgraded by 1 grade. ect.... " so is this normal and will I have to do this and then pay her again to get it back to 5 bolts (maxed) ??
Correct on all counts.

A couple of other engineering things you've likely missed during your absence; experimental effects, "pinned" blue prints (gives remote access), material traders (raw, manufactured or encoded materials) and technology brokers (human or guardian technology) are available at some stations under "contacts".

For an engineering information overload check this thread...

Top Bottom