News Engineering Guardian Modules

Bravo.... Now Guardian Power plant "does make sense to grind".... Normal Plants are cheaper, provides same amount of energy and heat generation on OC G4 blueprint and are easier to get it..... Guardian modules don't have sense to unlock now. Where is the lore? Where is reason to unlock something "better" than normal modules due to jumping 800Ly far away and collect something and go back? No story mission for better modules, no reason to fly there....

At least I got it for cheap, but if seeing the offer now, I wouldn't be interested.

I definitely agree for better modules ( like Guardian's) than are human's modules. Yes you should do some missions and lore for it but there should be some motivation and no absolutely degrading value of these PP and grind them for "nothing".... They're definitely worse than normal PP which are already in game...
Guardian PPs are now more expensive than normal power plants and are even worse than normal power plants, where is the reason to even buy them or even fly to Guardian's structures and collect materials for them?... There is not already any reason ....

Last edited:
One thing people need to remember is that while these modules are not currently able to be engineered, it does not mean that they will never be able to be engineered.

As I remember when the Engineers originally dropped there was mention of a plan for more than 30 engineers to be in the game, yet right now there are only 15 or so...coincidence? Or are there yet more Engineers to be added later?

Just my 2 cents...

One thing people need to remember is that while these modules are not currently able to be engineered, it does not mean that they will never be able to be engineered.

As I remember when the Engineers originally dropped there was mention of a plan for more than 30 engineers to be in the game, yet right now there are only 15 or so...coincidence? Or are there yet more Engineers to be added later?

Just my 2 cents...

I hope so, at least some satisfaction...

But i have to admit FD screwed up this lore and whole Guardian things due to these things... Holy this is huge shame and i'm very dissappointed :-( Untill today it looked like good start with guardian's lore but no... everything is wrong :-(

Last edited:

Just my 2 cents...

There are extra engineer systems already in game, but with no existing engineer or base in those systems. You can find them by filtering in the galaxy map.

Hey Will,
Am I gonna get my engineered 8A power Plants that I sold because the guardian power plant was better in all regards? Am I gonna get that bundle of high end mats before/when my guardian power plants are reverted to stock.? Am I going to at least get back the mats that I spent engineering it back? Are you going to suck credits from my account for each of the underpriced guardian power plants I bought? Is my ships rebuy going to skyrocket or stay low?

This is bonkers and should have never passed QA, and now you are punishing your players for a staff error on Frontiers part. Sad.

More and more strange choices from FD. So why do you revamp engineers if new stuff can't use it. Way beyond my understanding.

Actually it's quite logical and very simple...

Someone has discovered how to use guardian technology... Introducing new modules.
Current engineers do not know how to upgrade them (yet?)... because it's new technology.
In the future, maybe new engineers will arrive... who can do different things to guardian based technology than the current ones can to human technology.

Just my 2 cents...

It is a possibility but :
1) making a mistake
2) communicate on it and spoil other stuff.
3) add specific information about the impossibility to use engineers
4) following to all this, let finally modify modules would be a bad move considering communication and player involvement.

Actually it's quite logical and very simple...

Someone has discovered how to use guardian technology... Introducing new modules.
Current engineers do not know how to upgrade them (yet?)... because it's new technology.
In the future, maybe new engineers will arrive... who can do different things to guardian based technology than the current ones can to human technology.

Yeah may be one day... Or Never. So why waste playtime to unlock them ? If we are already on top with our actual engineered stuff ? Blue color ??? Fun of it ? If fun to unlock considering that they already raised the components required to have them?

More grind for nothing :) This is not content.

Just a little thought:

8A Guardian Power Plant vs. Grade 5 Overcharged 8A standard:

GPP is/has:
20% more expensive
25% heavier
a little less power output
a little worse heat management
25% more integrity

Result- absolutely not worth it unless you're like me and already got it for 5mil.

Yeah may be one day... Or Never. So why waste playtime to unlock them ? If we are already on top with our actual engineered stuff ? Blue color ??? Fun of it ? If fun to unlock considering that they already raised the components required to have them?

More grind for nothing :) This is not content.

Ah, the old... On Top arguement. Everything must be the bestest!

I'm very much enjoying exploring guardian sites atm, killing guardian skimmers, trying to figure out what exactly powering up those weird pillars actually does. Doesn' t feel anything like a 'waste of playtime' or grind, and while I'm at it a bunch of random guardian blueprints and guardian materials I've never seen or even heard of previously keep piling up in my newly expanded material/data storage. But hey, keep on moaning.

More and more strange choices from FD. So why do you revamp engineers if new stuff can't use it. Way beyond my understanding.

Why revamp engineering, giving the false impression that finally we can go all-in on upgrading our equipment, only to make it obsolete at the same time (guardian stuff + engineer mods is equivalent to, like, grade 9 mods)?

It makes sense for these items to be about as powerful as engineered items, so you essentially get to choose: buy normal equipment, farm materials, unlock engineers to upgrade them; or farm guardian materials to unlock and buy guardian tech. It's good to have more options, but only as long as the new options don't just make the other ones obsolete.

Ah, the old... On Top arguement. Everything must be the bestest!

I'm very much enjoying exploring guardian sites atm, killing guardian skimmers, trying to figure out what exactly powering up those weird pillars actually does. Doesn' t feel anything like a 'waste of playtime' or grind, and while I'm at it a bunch of random guardian blueprints and guardian materials I've never seen or even heard of previously keep piling up in my newly expanded material/data storage. But hey, keep on moaning.
So you love repetitive gameplay killing again the same skimmer popping at the same position for nothing :)

Nice argument :) Enjoy !

This kind of "gameplay" is fun once, when you discover it. Then to have your module you have to grind in brainless mode for a module that does not bring anything new.

Not the kind of fun and gameplay I expect in a game :)

A pleasure to discuss with you !

Why revamp engineering, giving the false impression that finally we can go all-in on upgrading our equipment, only to make it obsolete at the same time (guardian stuff + engineer mods is equivalent to, like, grade 9 mods)?

It makes sense for these items to be about as powerful as engineered items, so you essentially get to choose: buy normal equipment, farm materials, unlock engineers to upgrade them; or farm guardian materials to unlock and buy guardian tech. It's good to have more options, but only as long as the new options don't just make the other ones obsolete.

Do you have options ?

Guardian power plant is a Overcharged power plant.

Where is the option ? :)

Deleted member 110222

D
Depends. Guardian PP is like a hybrid between armoured and overcharged. If you are just looking for raw output, yeah, grade 5 overcharged is better.

Why I like it. I want the integrity buff over a conventional PP.

Well, I do hope they never will. These items should be valid alternatives to engineering, not replace normal gear entirely.

Do you have options ?

Guardian power plant is a Overcharged power plant.

Where is the option ? :)

More integrity. Since the power plant is a ship's single point of failure, that is always good. Me, I am going to make myself a human power plant with grade 5 armoured for that very reason. :)

Top Bottom