News Engineering Guardian Modules

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello Commanders,

*SPOILER - if you are yet to discover Guardian content, stop reading now.*

Guardian modules and weapons are one of the newest additions to Beyond – Chapter One. As you may know, this technology is being utilised by commanders throughout the galaxy and offers significant benefits to those who use it. However, because the Guardian tech is new and experimental, it shouldn’t possible to engineer it.

Unfortunately, we’ve discovered that one of the guardian modules, the Guardian Power Plant, has slipped the net and it is currently possible to engineer. As a result, we will be initiating a server-side command to prevent Commanders from accidentally engineering the module in question.

This temporary solution will not require server downtime, and we will have more information when a permanent fix is in place.

We’re sorry to those who have engineered the Guardian Power Plant and to ensure that there is no unfair advantage over other commanders, we will be replacing your engineered Guardian Power Plant with a non-engineered one. To compensate your time and any spent materials, we’ll be providing you with a bundle of high-end materials in the near future and will have more details to share soon.

Thanks for your understanding and we apologise for the inconvenience caused by this.

Deleted member 110222

D
Thanks FD, I do agree with this... Including the removal of engineering on existing Guardian PPs.

Hello Commanders,

Guardian modules and weapons are one of the newest additions to Beyond – Chapter One. As you may know, this technology is being utilised by commanders throughout the galaxy and offers significant benefits to those who use it. However, because the Guardian tech is new and experimental, it shouldn’t possible to engineer it.

Unfortunately, we’ve discovered that one of the guardian modules, the Guardian Power Plant, has slipped the net and it is currently possible to engineer. As a result, we will be initiating a server-side command to prevent Commanders from accidentally engineering the module in question.

This temporary solution will not require server downtime, and we will have more information when a permanent fix is in place.

We’re sorry to those who have engineered the Guardian Power Plant and to ensure that there is no unfair advantage over other commanders, we will be replacing your engineered Guardian Power Plant with a non-engineered one. To compensate your time and any spent materials, we’ll be providing you with a bundle of high-end materials in the near future and will have more details to share soon.

Thanks for your understanding and we apologise for the inconvenience caused by this.

when something like this can slip in accidentally, because the powerplants are just listed in the same category as normal ones.
please tell me why its so hard to release blueprints for mining lasers??

More and more strange choices from FD. So why do you revamp engineers if new stuff can't use it. Way beyond my understanding.

More and more strange choices from FD. So why do you revamp engineers if new stuff can't use it. Way beyond my understanding.

Because it would be severely over powered. The Guardian tech looked like it would already be at the level of an engineered equivalent. To engineer it even further would be very unbalanced.

This is a good decision. The guardian modules are strong comparing to unmodded modules, and if you could engineer them they'd be much stronger than current modded items and would create a large power creep and yet another remodding of entire ship builds. Not to mention it'd remove build restrictions and further dumb down ship outfitting.

Can i ask you? Why should I then open the GPP, if it can not be engineered? Spending time on a module that does not give you the advantage? Really?

P.S.
Sorry for Google Translate.

Can i ask you? Why should I then open the GPP, if it can not be engineered? Spending time on a module that does not give you the advantage? Really?

P.S.
Sorry for Google Translate.

The GPP is better than the stock PP, you have to weigh the guardian grind on one side and the engineer grind on the other side, which poison will you choose?

Ah, that's excellent to hear. I knew it being engineerable sounded completely bizarre, which is why I assumed people were being idiots when they started talking about being able to engineer these things. Apologies to anyone I might have offended, by the way.

I do still kind of like this thing, even if it is inferior to a G5 modded A-plant. Yeah, there's a bigger up-front cost, but after that you can just get a G4-equivalent plant whenever you like, instead of having to engineer a new one every time.

Because it would be severely over powered. The Guardian tech looked like it would already be at the level of an engineered equivalent. To engineer it even further would be very unbalanced.

So you have :

Human stuff : vs humans could be engineered, took months to revamp. Uneffective vs Thargoids.
AX stuff Vs thargoid only, limited theme Park use, non engineer ready.
Guardians stuff, requirement to unlock just raise, status vs human or thargoid unknow, non engineer ready...

So why revamp engineers whereas FD knows that now 2/3 of ingame recent weapon won't ever use it...

There is a strange direction that lead to slipt stuff, force to have 3 more ships and lead to grind grind grind.

So yeah... I have some questions.

Thanks FD, I do agree with this... Including the removal of engineering on existing Guardian PPs.

Totally agree. Sometimes something just needs to be fixed. With a Monstered Guardian PP I had already theory-crafted PvP builds with literally EVERY internal loaded with an SCB, all powered at once - to be used sequentially without bank-swapping. This would have been insane, and added to a charge enhanced (twice) Guardian Distributor, beyond insane.

(It also would have thrown all my newly made 3.0 stuff into the trash can unused.)

Well done, Frontier, everyone makes mistakes now and again, you have put this one right without hesitation.

Bravo.... Now Guardian Power plant "does make sense to grind".... Normal Plants are cheaper, provides same amount of energy and heat generation on OC G4 blueprint and are easier to get it..... Guardian modules don't have sense to unlock now. Where is the lore? Where is reason to unlock something "better" than normal modules due to jumping 800Ly far away and collect something and go back? No story mission for better modules, no reason to fly there....

Last edited:
Hello Commanders,

So when are you going to fix high yield shell then :|

Bravo.... Now Guardian Power plant does make sense to grind.... Normal Plants are cheaper, provdes same amount of energy and heat egeneration on OC G4 blueprint and easier to get it..... Guardian modules don't have sense to unlock now.

Here is the point.

I am really wondering why will I give time to an activity for no real reason.

So it is in game and unused. Like multicrew, CQC, and so on.

Top Bottom