Enough with the posts about ship interiors

Couldn't agree more. That thing I'm not interested in is boring. The thing I want implemented is a MUST!.

That's the problem with the circlejerk on the forum. For instance. Hoe many people actually play in VR... your answer will be "many! Including myself"... but objectively the ratio of VR players are the minority.

That's why the only deterministic way to determine the features that will pander to the majority and therefore draw the most revenue would be a Broadbased census of some sort.

I usually dont engage in the forums because its a dumpster fire of he who shouts the loudest with the more reserved majority just reading and moving on and thus not a true representarion of the playerbase
And the player base who scream for a feature like ship interiors only to realize that after a week it's apparent this is boring and then scream for access to the toilets in settlements, then realize that's not enough. "We want flushing toilets now". Good grief.

And the player base who scream for a feature like ship interiors only to realize that after a week it's apparent this is boring and then scream for access to the toilets in settlements, then realize that's not enough. "We want flushing toilets now". Good grief.
There's an understandable disconnect between those who were around when the CEO said that there will be ship interiors and those who subsequently bought the game as is.

In some senses, I wish I was in the latter group, but I parted with my cash when there was a certainty that ship interiors were coming (and they may still do).

I'm just trying to figure your argument out

so you're suggesting that:

1. the game has no more features added? (because players will inevitably find it boring)
  2. the game only has features that benefit people with specific hardware added? (VR)

These forum discussions are a go nowhere street and people try to put straw man arguments in and pontificate, where if you boil it all down it adds up to... players wanting more features and depth... and people defending Frontier basically saying the game needs to stagnate and die because they cant please anyone. or add minority features in your case, considering you have VR in your name I can assume that you have a strong inclination to dismiss anything that isn't taking the game in a more VR direction.

I can and will feel exactly how I want to feel regarding Ship Interiors, I have my own opinion and I respect yours.

Even though current news regarding interiors is not particularly what I would have liked to hear, it’s not the end of the world for me.

I don’t think I can put the words Hope and ELITE together in the same sentence again.

Features take time and cost money. Its Frontiers job to decide which ones make economic sense and sell the best. Since we do not have the data we can't make that decision for them.

I think they got the idea that a vocal set of people on here and youtube want ship interiors, from the endless repeating threads. How big that set it I or you don't know. The forum participants are a minority of the player base, youtuber and their poll participants are a minority as well. It could be 70% of the player base want them, or it could be 10%. Who knows?

All I know is your not going to get ship interiors for years, that sort of scale of feature would take a long time to design and code. Its not just 1 ship to model.

Deleted member 110222

D
Then here's a thought. Stop telling your customer base that you're going to implement features you have no intention of delivering, how about that?

So then, y'know, your paying customers don't feel like you LIED TO THEM.
There is absolutely nothing saying that ship interiors are never coming. Only that they're not part of this DLC.

EDIT: And even that can change. There's zero barriers to FD expanding what Odyssey includes in the future.

In Odyssey we cannot get a beer or a mixed drink from the bartender. It is a bartender! Well, maybe the Frontier Devs should take a look at that.
To be fair, up until a few weeks ago we couldn't get a beer from a bartender on actual Earth in the UK either!! 🤣

Hey - you could be on to something! Maybe integrate stool consistency into gameplay... bit too constipated, need to find a planet with a high fibre plant life-form to harvest...

Except... they won’t be. The head CM said so. After the backlash he went on podcasts using corporate speak and said that FDev wants to make sure that there is enough interest, which is bullcrap. The backlash alone to his initial statement is proof enough they are wanted. Oh and let’s not forget advertised as a feature YEARS ago, during the Kickstarter, which is more than enough time.

As for me, I’d be fine with bridge and a cabin for collectibles or something. Also a deck for my fleet carrier so I can watch it go into the warp like Warhammer. Understandably, you won’t please everyone, and I get that. But outright pulling something that people want and was advertised as a feature before the game even became reality is a bit of a shock, and people have every right to be mad. Telling people to sit down, shut up, accept what they have and use their “imagination” is paramount to accepting mediocrity.
Oh, there is interest. I want ship interiors, but I want gameplay to go with it too. There won't be any repair gameplay unless they completely gimp the current repair mechanics.

So I would be happy with partial ship interiors, your bridge, personal cabin/s and the airlock and a corridor/turbo lift connecting them.

Now for space EVA gameplay, full ship interiors would be good for mission objectives, but that's a lot of work. Personally, what I would do there is do full interiors few medium sized ships and the anaconda and possibly the T9 interiors for mission purposes only. Not too much work and just enough variety to make it interesting. Smaller ships could be relatively easy to do as well.

Hey - you could be on to something! Maybe integrate stool consistency into gameplay... bit too constipated, need to find a planet with a high fibre plant life-form to harvest...
There was a thread a while back where someone was complaining that we don't get hungry or dehydrated.

"Elite Dangerous Diary day 316, just pulling into Monolith Burger for another twenty minutes of thrilling progress bar fulfilment".

ED2 description - just sit in a white sound proof room. Now imagine the best sci-fi game you could ever play, amazing isn't it, the detail, the gameplay, the graphics, the realism.

That's ED2 (medication is strongly advised both before and after white room experience)
I'm not sure how many of us can wait 10years for ED2 to be complete.

So many want all the answers without why they may not like them.

The Elite games since 1984 were all about using our imaginations. Back then colleges promoted imaginations which is why we have some pretty amazing computers and it took David Braben over three decades to say OK the computer technology came up to speed to work on Elite Dangerous. But a major part of this is your imagination.

No Man's Sky. Probably one of the best walking around in your carrier ship but it is all eye candy having nothing to do with the game.

X4 Foundations. I played the X-games for many years. On the small ships a player can open a door and get into the cockpit. On the large ships a turbo lift transfers you from the cockpit to walking around in a station or other options to other ships you own. Welcome to a concourse in Elite Dangerous doing the same thing but simpler.

None of these games lets you walk around in your current ship. The point is that Elite Dangerous still uses imagination as to what your ship looks like versus a player having graphics which a player won't like. Why? Because we all have our version of what the ship should look like. The Devs are not going to go there.

So enjoy Horizons and Odyssey and have fun with them. Use your imagination as to what your ship interior looks like. With imagination it is perfect for every payer. I do this every night going to sleep after playing ED for hours.

Regards
I could just imagine myself playing it with full VR support while I'm at it.

I'm just trying to figure your argument out

so you're suggesting that:

1. the game has no more features added? (because players will inevitably find it boring)
  2. the game only has features that benefit people with specific hardware added? (VR)

These forum discussions are a go nowhere street and people try to put straw man arguments in and pontificate, where if you boil it all down it adds up to... players wanting more features and depth... and people defending Frontier basically saying the game needs to stagnate and die because they cant please anyone. or add minority features in your case, considering you have VR in your name I can assume that you have a strong inclination to dismiss anything that isn't taking the game in a more VR direction.
Pretty much spot on, except you forgot to say that ship interior fanatics will also be up in arms when they discover that the toilets flush clockwise instead of counter-clockwise!

Pretty much spot on, except you forgot to say that ship interior fanatics will also be up in arms when they discover that the toilets flush clockwise instead of counter-clockwise!
Funny, coming from a guy who push for a feature only a minority would actually use.

Top Bottom