Horizons Entirely FD's fault

Mmmmm I like your analogy, but are you suggesting that its society's fault for not pointing you in the direction of a kickboxing club to start with?

No, I am suggesting that I should have joined a Kick Boxing club. I initially want to punch people, so I joined a Boxing club, but my wants changed, so I should have recognised this, and made efforts to find where I could satisfy those wants.

If only there was an environment within the game where you could fight against consenting opponents in a relatively balanced playing field… like an arena of sorts… hmmm.

Laced with sarcasm, for your awareness ;P

FD implemented it properly given the design of the game. Be happy they do have a non-open option. Private groups are a great idea, especially for groups of people who want to play together in an environment left unbothered by those who call themselves pirates but have no interest in any actual cargo (thus they aren't pirates but rather playing a sociopathic type). A perfect example of this is the streaming crowd. If they didn't have private groups, morons would be hopping in to disrupt streamers just for the sake of doing so. The "look ma! I'm on TV" small brain mentality.

Keep this in mind. **Its a darn game**. People should stop treating it like some all life important matter. These are what are better known as "first world problems". Just turn on the news, its filled with nonsensical drivel and vast bulk is propaganda and mass distraction. Who wore what tacky outfit at what event, who showed who's behind to whom or some such. When you don't have food on your table or when you have a war on your doorstep, then we'll talk about real problems ;P

My only explanation of the complaint of the person quoted by the OP is he may be suffering from "drain bramage". He probably cares more about the refraction index of Kim Kardashian's behind under candlelight than getting a proper education and building himself an actual career.

Sorry I should of pointed out that the CMDR in question. Had no problem with being kicked from Möbius as he agreed that he broke the groups rules. What I'm trying to understand is why it's FDs fault for him going into möbius to partake in PVP....
I don't understand....

It isn't FD's fault?
Are 'you' trying to understand why 'he' is blaming FD? I think this topic is very confusing? if he is blaming FD and not you, then maybe link to original thread?

Sorry I should of pointed out that the CMDR in question. Had no problem with being kicked from Möbius as he agreed that he broke the groups rules. What I'm trying to understand is why it's FDs fault for him going into möbius to partake in PVP....

Has to join PVE community to PVP... seems legit or not at all.. How on earth is that even supposed to be a reasonable sentanec or reason at all?

if he wants PVP play in Open, theres tonnes of it, if he means it is his fault for being this daft then calling himself a "pvper" is even a longshot at that, the more is said the more clear it becomes that this seems to be a person, pardon my french, who is only out to annoy others, the kind that its not worth giving bother, time or attention to more than that.

We have had more than one Commander in Mobias killing commanders recently. They have been booted out for breaking the rules. As to is it the fault of FD. Then no. How could it possibly be FD's fault.

Sung to a rather well-known Monty Python song:
I'm a psychopath and I'm OK,
I grief all night and I gank all day
*… what are all you folks with the torches and pitchforks doing here?*
;)
-
I might have to actually do <-up-> *WO-OP* that song... may I borrow the lyrics and are there more? :D

Last edited:
Has to join PVE community to PVP... seems legit or not at all.. How on earth is that even supposed to be a reasonable sentanec or reason at all?

if he wants PVP play in Open, theres tonnes of it, if he means it is his fault for being this daft then calling himself a "pvper" is even a longshot at that, the more is said the more clear it becomes that this seems to be a person, pardon my french, who is only out to annoy others, the kind that its not worth giving bother, time or attention to more than that.
Unfortunately there's quite a few people that call themselves pvpers, yet they don't actually want a challenge, and get upset when fights aren't easily won.

So today I read a post that kinda annoyed me, but before I quote it. I'll like to give you a bit of the background to it (without naming or shaming). The quote came from a CMDR who I believe was recently kicked from Mobius for partaking in a little PvP and is what I believe to be his reason for doing it.

So the quote goes as follows:

"Yep, which is entirely FD's fault for trying to please two starkly different crowds with the same game via the multi-moded method they've implemented. It's really on them for attempting that. It was economically driven as they obtained a lot of initial backing from one of those demographics, but they need the other one desperately to survive their planned 10 year run. Bad planning FD."

Now I still don't really get why its FD fault and would love someone to explain it to me.

Clearly it isn't.

If it's quote from the guy kicked for trying to grief Mobius group then clearly the dude's just trying to come up with some convoluted reason why it isn't his fault this happened.

Like stealing a car and claiming it's the owner's fault for leaving the door unlocked.

Last edited:
I believe Winston Churchill said "You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but never all of the people all of the time"...

The originals if anyone's interested:

You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Abraham Lincoln

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the time.

John Lydgate

The only way I see to blame Fd is that they supply a "safe place " instead of forcing all into one game mode to be victims to the insane .

The only way I see to blame Fd is that they supply a "safe place " instead of forcing all into one game mode to be victims to the insane .

It is a good move by FD. It was one of the things that encouraged me to buy Elite, knowing that I could always be left alone if I desired it. These days I play mostly in Open, but when I was just starting out I was happy to stick to Mobius while I traded my way to nice combat ship.

Technically it's FD's fault for not putting a proper pve mode in the game and/or not having proper consequences in open for player killing.

Kill a T9 filled with palladium and it costs that cmdr like 10 mil vs a 6k bounty for the killer (iirc). Since the killer can refuse to die by high waking whenever they're pulled over there's no consequences for killing except riskier docking at certain stations.

So today I read a post that kinda annoyed me, but before I quote it. I'll like to give you a bit of the background to it (without naming or shaming). The quote came from a CMDR who I believe was recently kicked from Mobius for partaking in a little PvP and is what I believe to be his reason for doing it.

So the quote goes as follows:

"Yep, which is entirely FD's fault for trying to please two starkly different crowds with the same game via the multi-moded method they've implemented. It's really on them for attempting that. It was economically driven as they obtained a lot of initial backing from one of those demographics, but they need the other one desperately to survive their planned 10 year run. Bad planning FD."

Now I still don't really get why its FD fault and would love someone to explain it to me.

FD is not at fault at all. Its a player decision to go into PVE Group and start PVP actions clearly against the given rule set.
Its just to blame others for the own immaturity of own personality or looking for someone to make him guilty.

It looks like player was going for this action as he/she feels having not enough moving targets in open. In the end I can handle
this only as an evidance that player is playing the wrong game and now blames FD for not providing the game he wants to have.
Maybe he/she is able to start to program the game he/she needs.

Regards,
Miklos

First I didn't read this whole thread, I read the OP's post and a couple of replies so there may be more to this than I am aware of but in the end it seems pretty simple to me.

Here's my take,

It's not FD's fault how could it be. The game is a open sandbox and is what you make of it, be anything you want and do anything you want. That was how it was/is sold and has never been portrayed as anything different. When you join Mobius it is clear what the group is for and what they stand for so for the CMDR that joined Mobius and then started to pvp....that was all on them. They made the choice to go shoot fish and they were punished. End of story

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

The originals if anyone's interested:

You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Abraham Lincoln

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the time.

John Lydgate

I like mine

You cannot please the irrational at anytime so give up and go fishing.

There is one simple way to prevent PvP action in a non-PvP environment (although it would need FDev to do a little work). Where Player ships are concerned, make them indestructible to other Player ships (but normal where NPCs are concerned). That way you cannot be destroyed by any other player within this environment, no matter what they do

I really don't know how this has come to a discussion or topic to argue over, it's very simple. Mobius made a group that wanted to play purely PVE, FD provided the means to do this. Player joins the group knowing full well the rules laid down for being a part of Mobius, player for whatever reason decided to be an ass and break the rules, player gets kicked out. How is this in any way FD's fault it lands squarely in the lap of the player for being a trolling little whelp who can't play by any set of rules and when he gets punished he throws the toys out the pram, this person clearly understands the concept of rules but see's no need to abide by them.

And if were quoting Churchill I like the statement he made when confronted by an irate party members wife: She said "Sir If I were your wife I would poison you." Churchill replies "Madam If I were your Husband I would drink it".

Last edited:
If we are going to do Churchill quotes I recall he had another run in with that same woman. Her; "Churchill, you are drunk". Him; "And you, Madam, are ugly, but I will be sober in the morning".

Top Bottom