COMPLETED CG Establish New Aegis Scanner Production (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Oh well. Let it fail and see what happens 🤷‍♀️

Would be interesting to know what, if any, impact the early availability of the PWXS had on participation numbers.
Seeing that the bonuty hunting side of the CG has reached tier 2, i'm guessing fdev will just let it slide even if the trade CG fails. Just a "oh we forgot the line in the description "

Would be interesting to know what, if any, impact the early availability of the PWXS had on participation numbers.
Well, it stopped me bothering (also I had misread the reward module as being at 75% - once I realised it was at 25% I would probably have slacked off and hoped others would push it to T1 anyway).

Even if I didn't have the module, finding out it was a Credit unlock rather than a per-module-unicorn-fart-unlock would also have made me less bothered about participating, so that could also be affecting things.

This CG just reached Tier 1!

Attachments

• 1685379228398.png
    1685379228398.png
    156.2 KB · Views: 46
As tier 1 has been reached the scanner will be made available at all rescue megaships.The top 25 percent of contributors will recieve a free scanner.
Does that depend upon the CG actually being completed and if not then no joy? It doesn't seem connected to the tier 1 statement. I guess that we
will know after the upcoming Thursday maintenance.

Last edited:
As tier 1 has been reached the scanner will be made available at all rescue megaships.The top 25 percent of contributors will recieve a free scanner.
Does that depend upon the CG actually being completed and if not then no joy? It doesn't seem connected to the tier 1 statement. I guess that we
will know after the upcoming Thursday maintenance.

Global Reward: If Tier 1 reached Pulse Wave Xeno Scanner to be available at tech brokers on all rescue megaships

I'm not really sure what you're concerned about.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
The question is if the CG is not completed do the players in the top 25 percent get the free scanner?
Not that it matters much as it will be available to all after the Thursday maintenance.
As the CG has reached Tier 1, it is successful. It does not need to complete for the rewards, higher tiers only mean higher payments now. Modules usually become available on or shortly after the Friday following the official ending of the CG on Thursday mornings, if not completed earlier.

Yay, I made the Top Ten. Probably won't last long being 3000 contributions into it. Still the CG is half way to Tier 2 so may not make that one. Interesting that the left page transactions CG doesn't update the contributions for a long time. Go look at the station missions CG listing and it does. Then back to the left page transactions CG which is now updated.

NPC ships get stuck in the mailslot but the station doesn't fire on them. I push them out of the way with a Cutter usually getting a fine. Maybe NPC ships get stuck per player ships maneuvering in and out of the mailslot...possibly on purpose. I never see this in Solo mode.

'Loading' System Map is a pain clicking on the back button and waiting for it to complete after selecting the destination. RABH is about 12 seconds in Odyssey. Going to Horizons is about 7 seconds. Using the toggle System Map binding to exit resolves this but shouldn't have to.

Regards

Yay, I made the Top Ten. Probably won't last long being 3000 contributions into it. Still the CG is half way to Tier 2 so may not make that one. Interesting that the left page transactions CG doesn't update the contributions for a long time. Go look at the station missions CG listing and it does. Then back to the left page transactions CG which is now updated.

NPC ships get stuck in the mailslot but the station doesn't fire on them. I push them out of the way with a Cutter usually getting a fine. Maybe NPC ships get stuck per player ships maneuvering in and out of the mailslot...possibly on purpose. I never see this in Solo mode.

'Loading' System Map is a pain clicking on the back button and waiting for it to complete after selecting the destination. RABH is about 12 seconds in Odyssey. Going to Horizons is about 7 seconds. Using the toggle System Map binding to exit resolves this but shouldn't have to.

Regards
left panel i think only updates when it senses a state change, like a relog or a jump.

Re: ships clogging the mailslot, happens a lot in open during CGs, as i see it, some ships get generated into the instance per commander entering, so they build up over time as people jump in and out, eventually the pathing of multiple ships gets confused and it ends up in a deadlock as each ship waiting in the queue is waiting for the others to move, and vice versa.

Last edited:
NPC ships get stuck in the mailslot but the station doesn't fire on them

I find relogging between Mobius PvE and Solo tends to get rid of them. I think they struggle when there is any significant player activity because they get queued behind commanders - and even Mobius has enough people to see other commanders on the pads, so those NPCs are hanging around a LOT... Also it doesn't help that years on and my Cutter still can't autopilot out of the station, so the NPCs end up queued behind a ship that is effectively stuck and unable to exit. Thankfully I know enough to just disable auto launch and do it myself.

Suspect Open is much worse 😹

Side note: FDev, could you please address the large ship vs autopilot issue? If you honestly think the lateral thrusters are fine, then ok - but give the autopilot the new/lower values so it can get us out of stations safely! The entire auto launch system is just unavailable on these big ships, and that's embarassing.

Yes, relog to Solo mode always works and never see that problem there.

An NPC Asp Explorer was stuck in the RABH - Mueller Terminal mailslot. I went to move it and got most of it out into space. Checking to see that it was still stuck the system authority ships opened fire and destroyed it. So while the station will do nothing then the patrol ships will take care of business per being in space a little. Great.

Regards

Last edited:
… good craziness, top25 rised up by more as 2.5k in last hours (15k to 17.6k). I didn’t logged yet into game (17k delivered) but it seems like a tough luck this time, will be no free module.

You can get that sort of congestion happening in Solo too - it just needs there to be enough NPC ships about that they get in each other's way, and for you to leave the instance running long enough. Jaques Station where it gets a lot of Belugas from the nearby tourist beacons trying to use the slot regularly jams up without needing more than a player to observe it: eventually what happens is the queue to progress through the slot gets so long that the ships on the inside exceed the departure timer and get shot down ... then the wreckage from that drifts into a position where it blocks something trying to get in through the slot, and it escalates from there.

Certainly easier in PG/Open, both to have the instances last longer and for CMDRs not on docking computer to mess up the traffic control routine.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom