Euro Truck Simulator is awesome!

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date
Yes it's a mod. My point I suppose is that MP support should have been added in by ETS devs, especially for ATS. The modders are stuck with what they have to work with and it's a pity because ETS/ATS would massively benefit from working MP.

to be honest the main problem with multiplayer games is other people just have to ruin it.

ETS2 is a fantastic game BECAUSE it is pure single player imo. i can just imagine now how it would be if it was multiplayer.... people trying to take it semi seriously having to put up with berks ramming and doing all sorts of stupid stuff.

having it as a fan made mod bolt on is a fine compromise imo.... .and because people have to go to some effort to set it up may ironically mean you get a better type of gamer playing the multiplayer as well. (maybe not i dunno, i have not tried it MP)

Got myself a few trailers, there are issues with some of them when fully locked steering wise, but they have probably already addressed that today (perhaps).
It is much, much, better to have our own trailers and once mods are available to put names on, it will be even better.

The doubles only work in the countries that accept them, however mods will alter that, because it is nice to drive them across Europe into Russia etc.

The game goes from strength to strength, think its been out since 2013 ETS2 and it still looks and feels as good as new.

The game goes from strength to strength, think its been out since 2013 ETS2 and it still looks and feels as good as new.

It's quite incredible how much has been added. I don't spend my life on it, but regularly go back and there's always lots of new stuff to see and play with. And while they do sell cosmetics (and I picked up a fair few), there's no cash-shop lock in thanks to mods. Not sure how these folks do it but I'm impressed.

Jex =TE=

Banned
to be honest the main problem with multiplayer games is other people just have to ruin it.

ETS2 is a fantastic game BECAUSE it is pure single player imo. i can just imagine now how it would be if it was multiplayer.... people trying to take it semi seriously having to put up with berks ramming and doing all sorts of stupid stuff.

having it as a fan made mod bolt on is a fine compromise imo.... .and because people have to go to some effort to set it up may ironically mean you get a better type of gamer playing the multiplayer as well. (maybe not i dunno, i have not tried it MP)

Well the kind of MP that should be in every game (what used to be in EVERY MP game) was the ability to host your own game and password lock it. I want to MP with my friends that have the game but not on dead roads. I want to hang out the window side by side and complain about the traffic jams and how much worse they are after Brexit (oh noes!) :p

The Oregon map DLC for ATS is out.

20181004211717_1.jpg

20181005003851_1.jpg

20181005044559_1.jpg

Had to stop at a weigh station. Rather pointless, as a three-trailer combo is too long for the scales.
20181006002418_1.jpg

20181006003533_1.jpg

I think this is just about in northern California. They've added new roads to connect to Oregon
20181006051645_1.jpg

Lift bridge. Fully animated, and rather annoying if you're in a hurry.
20181006221235_1.jpg

Japan must be out there somewhere...
20181006225043_1.jpg

The developers have clearly put a great deal of effort into this one. Lots of varied landscapes, and some nice looking cities and towns. It seems to be pushing the limits of my graphics card though, and I'm getting stuttering at times, which needs further investigation.

The Oregon map DLC for ATS is out.

Had to stop at a weigh station. Rather pointless, as a three-trailer combo is too long for the scales.

I think this is just about in northern California. They've added new roads to connect to Oregon

Lift bridge. Fully animated, and rather annoying if you're in a hurry.

Japan must be out there somewhere...

The developers have clearly put a great deal of effort into this one. Lots of varied landscapes, and some nice looking cities and towns. It seems to be pushing the limits of my graphics card though, and I'm getting stuttering at times, which needs further investigation.

Yep, I've been driving in Oregon in ATS for the past few days, it's beautiful. I've been to Oregon a few times they've done a great job of capturing how driving around the state feels.

Goose4291

Banned
Have to say that Beyond the Baltic Sea is looking good, although I'm not really enfused with this current trailer ownership malarkey.

[video=youtube;hHjAFwegzlQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHjAFwegzlQ[/video]

Have to say that Beyond the Baltic Sea is looking good, although I'm not really enfused with this current trailer ownership malarkey.

I love the trailer ownership, got myself a few. I'm really looking forward to the Beyond the Baltic release.
I do prefer ETS2 to ATS, although that is good too. Would like them just to keep growing out ETS2 really, save using mods.

TLDNR ( the whole thread ;-) .... serious question ..... Do you people all use steering wheels pedals and gear sticks n such ? ( also can you drift ingame? lol )

ps. there is a large Volvo (front cabby bit) in FH4 , think I'll see if I can get her going sideways :)

Goose4291

Banned
I love the trailer ownership, got myself a few. I'm really looking forward to the Beyond the Baltic release.

My company ingame has 5 or so of them at the moment, but I can't really see the purpose beyond the aesthetic one.

They need to expand the number of drivers you can have again in my opinion, if we're getting another region to play in.

I'm really looking forward to the Beyond the Baltic release.
I do prefer ETS2 to ATS, although that is good too. Would like them just to keep growing out ETS2 really, save using mods.

Also looking forward to that.

Regarding the differences between ETS and ATS, as i responded to someone on Steam recently.... they are similar but different. Overall i can't say one is better than the other.

However, i do get a bit frustrated with ATS when looking for jobs in the city and they can expire before you can even reach the pick up point. Have to pay more attention to selecting jobs.

TLDNR ( the whole thread ;-) .... serious question ..... Do you people all use steering wheels pedals and gear sticks n such ? ( also can you drift ingame? lol )

ps. there is a large Volvo (front cabby bit) in FH4 , think I'll see if I can get her going sideways :)

I was using steering wheel and pedals, but after long gaming sessions my arms got really tired, like driving for real. So switched back to controller. You lose the immersion and control, but its a lot more relaxed. To each their own i guess. If you are looking for precise control though, i would say a steering wheel is the way to go.

My company ingame has 5 or so of them at the moment, but I can't really see the purpose beyond the aesthetic one.

They need to expand the number of drivers you can have again in my opinion, if we're getting another region to play in.

The "problem" when you have lots of dirvers is you are making millions per day. If they don't increase the limit, i'll just break up the people in my garages, to have less in each.

Aint that the truth. When the ETS2 MP mod was offered I jumped in because the regular game felt a bit "bland" by that time. Took some effort to get it run but I was looking forward to trucking with other same-minded people.

There have been enjoyable moments but most of the time (and I mean 80%+) you run into people who try to ruin your day. Slowing you down, blockading bottlenecks, damaging your cargo or your truck, following you in order to harass you (waiting till you enter a compound then block the entrance...stuff like that) and generally go as fast as humanly possible making it more like a race game. I grew tired of the community pretty quick and was wondering why so many people act this way when what the game has to offer should unite us instead.

Overall I find that MP games these days are a prime source for frustration and building anger. Even co-op MP games are infected by so many who simply jump into your session or join your group with the intent to ruin your fun. The IDEA about multiplayer is awesome but reality looks very very different from what I ve seen.

So pure multiplayer games are incredibly boring and frustrating to me in particular. I like my games to have a MP option so I can do stuff with others if I feel like it but it absolutely NEED single player content to fill the majority of my time because truth be told....whenever I go multiplayer I grow tired of it very fast.

@Agony Aunt

I hear you. I started out with mouse + keyboard. Took me some massive adapting to make it work but eventually I had it down to relaxing gameplay. When I broke 300 hours I thought about investing into a steering wheel and pedals in order to "honor" whatever the game has to offer. It worked but I didnt find it as immersive or enjoyable as people described it to be. Returned to mouse and keyboard and didnt look back since.

Last edited:
Hi
the new update looks good.

last i heard i think the devs were aiming for an end of 2018 for the migration over to DX11... does anyone know if this is still on the cards as it will really help vr performance.

btw i just got to the point of buying my own lorry (like real life i dont do loans) and i formatted my pc. i didnt realise it did not use the steam cloud. back up to 50k again now :)
thanks

ETS2/ATS is just about view. European trucks = Engine below the cab, US Trucks = Engine in front of the cab. Other than that, it's the same game but I mostly play ETS2 fully, while ATS i just play when I want to drive around in an old Mack

Yeah, MP in ETS2 is terrible, I think that is why the devs steer clear of having it (pun intended) in-game officially. But there is the 'World of Trucks' side, which I think is probably more realistic. Players trips are logged and players play solo in a shared contracted world (of sorts). I just do the game in SP, its a really good game that can take up hours without realising it.

I've played a long time and don't really do the company thing. Just drive solo and pick and choose from the trailers I have, Doubles are nice, I have a couple of sets, but of course they are limited (as IRL), would like to see them extend the area. But the singles are not that expensive and a good variety really.
Of course you can play doubles via mods, but parking is better not done :/ I don't bother.

I do however, have a few garages around, easier to get into areas you fancy playing, plus of course you can transfer trailers and fast travel to owned garages, albeit they are a waste of money being empty most of the time, but money is quite easy to earn in ETS2 isn't it.

Edit; I would add, to use a physics mod if you prefer the older style ride of a tractor unit for ETS2. Far more realistic.
Main reason I don't like ATS as much, is its like driving a car around.

Road block. Not my fault, the barrier came down just as I turned. Just as well the AI is patient. Stupid, but patient...
20181014202203-1.jpg

Regarding controls, I've always used a gamepad, though I'm thinking about getting a steering wheel.

TLDNR ( the whole thread ;-) .... serious question ..... Do you people all use steering wheels pedals and gear sticks n such ?

I use my G27 wheel with pedals and shifter, the force feedback is awesome, though I honestly drive the trucks in automatic mode. I just find it more fun and relaxing. :D

Even co-op MP games are infected by so many who simply jump into your session or join your group with the intent to ruin your fun.

Fortnite (Save the world) suffers from AFKers, griefers, and other negative types. There are seriously people who will join a game, wait for a defense to start, then destroy the defenses. Then there are those who will join, beg for materials or weapons, and either quit when they get what they want (having blocked someone who might contribute from joining) or throw a tantrum when they don't get what they want, boxing you in with walls and stuff, or just quit.

Top Bottom