Euro Truck Simulator is awesome!

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Goose4291

Banned
Border crossings being added in the new DLC.

b2d3481b1025e3f64074171bd36bef88e652c251.jpg

The Merc is one of my favs. However some of the old school mod units you can get are really good, not the US ones though. Small engine types give a little challenge and the sound some of them have is, well... so nice...

For europe it has to be cabover european design, US trucks are great for the US. In ATS I like the KW, better still mod in a Merc or RJL Scania. ;)
I'd love the 4 series in ATS, not sure if you can. I don't think the RJL 4 series is possible in the current ETS2 version either, which is a great shame. I think Scania 4 series was the best they did 580 V8 (not 'T').

Sisu he (rjl) does is nice too.. thinking.. I wonder if that is possible to use in current version.. :unsure:

As much as I like SCS after getting to play on modded maps in ATS and ETS I`m getting less and less interested in buying constant DLC`s for both games. Same as with Arma it looks like community is delivering tremendous content completely for free. Take for example ProMods or Open Russia - OR map is bigger than entire Europe, has snow/Ice conditions, bigger scale, hand made Russian assets, completely new deliveries... ehhh.
I do get that devs need to make money and I`m ok with DLCs but sometimes community can put them to shame haha. If I could I would seriously donate to those guys so they could polish the Open Russia map more.

As much as I like SCS after getting to play on modded maps in ATS and ETS I`m getting less and less interested in buying constant DLC`s for both games. Same as with Arma it looks like community is delivering tremendous content completely for free. Take for example ProMods or Open Russia - OR map is bigger than entire Europe, has snow/Ice conditions, bigger scale, hand made Russian assets, completely new deliveries... ehhh.
I do get that devs need to make money and I`m ok with DLCs but sometimes community can put them to shame haha. If I could I would seriously donate to those guys so they could polish the Open Russia map more.

Yeah, rusmap is great and open spaces too. Although as you say, open spaces could do with a little polish.
I think they should offer, as proMods do, the option to a good secure download link through a small donation. I do that all the time with proMods so would be happy to do it with rusmap & open spaces.

That said, I still will buy the scs dlc's, helps them along and keeps them developing for the game.

Regards Arma, I think we have one of the best mod/addon/script communities around. :)

I mostly just play vanilla, though I have used ProMods and the Rusmap once, too. As someone said earlier in the thread, I mostly just got sick of updating them after a game patch, so I just play with Steam Workshop mods and all map related DLC now...

I mostly just play vanilla, though I have used ProMods and the Rusmap once, too. As someone said earlier in the thread, I mostly just got sick of updating them after a game patch, so I just play with Steam Workshop mods and all map related DLC now...

Yep that's always been my issue and why on ATS I'm not doing any mods other than maybe JazzyCat AI traffic and that's it as I can just disable it if it's not updated without any issues to the game or maps. Unlike my ETS2 with Promods, Rusmaps and Southern Region where I eventually had to axe Project Balkans and even with those 3 it's a pain waiting for updates and such. I spend more time updating than I do playing. Maybe that's why I'm playing ATS now a lot more...

That said, I still will buy the scs dlc's, helps them along and keeps them developing for the game.

My thinking exactly. I was lucky and got the game for free, spent hundreds of hours in the game in a surprising motivational frenzy and even tho I dont really play the game anymore I grab up the DLCs regularly just to support these guys. They really deserve it IMO.

My thinking exactly. I was lucky and got the game for free, spent hundreds of hours in the game in a surprising motivational frenzy and even tho I dont really play the game anymore I grab up the DLCs regularly just to support these guys. They really deserve it IMO.

This is very much the idea with dlc's for games you like. Same with ED or any other game, if you want the dev to keep their interest in the game and keep updating bug fixing etc.. Then buy dlc's, well worth it.

On the other hand, if you no longer like a game, then o.k. let it go and forget further expence.

I play mostly sandbox type games, and every game I have (more or less) gets supported for those reasons.

nice!
oooh there's mods to remove the Icons for better piccies!! Also for the xxxxxxxxxx across roads, although you HAVE to pay attention to the sat nav or really know the route!
Yeah, I have them. Also you can do it in the configs I think, without mods (iirc). But they don't really bother me too much. I used the one for forbidden roads (xxxx) and kept banging into invisible walls, so I didn't bother. I tend to look at the sat nav every now and then, so its not a good idea for me.. ;)

I'm running at the mo, promods, sisl interior bits, suspension (a must, for me anyway), sound, jazzycats trailers and a couple of others, gearbox one and TT truck weight and speed (another must really).
It's just such a relaxing game. If it's late and I have the old headphones on, so as not to annoy the wife. I have been known to drop off and a few seconds later wake/jump as the loud sudden noise of a crash in my ears. That can be scary at my age.. I better be careful.. ;)

Last edited:
Do you now the config commands for removing the icons? To be honest I'm amazed there isn't an option in the menu for a more realistic way of doing things, I have a mod that places cones where trailers need to be picked up and parked......so cool.

I don't have many games with full steam acheivments and ETS2 and ATS are in that group (with Subnautica and Skyrim!).

Do you now the config commands for removing the icons? To be honest I'm amazed there isn't an option in the menu for a more realistic way of doing things, I have a mod that places cones where trailers need to be picked up and parked......so cool.

I don't have many games with full steam acheivments and ETS2 and ATS are in that group (with Subnautica and Skyrim!).
It was via the dev console (nomapicons.scs = no/yes ), but that was some time back and updates change the console quite often.
Plus, don't use the console if your not too clear about how too (I'm not good with it, it's been a long time, '2015', last time I tinkered with it). The mod is probably better, just use that.

Your right they should include an option in the menu/commands somewhere for icon removal.

The only thing I changed recently was traffic flow. That is easy in the game config, I think I have '3', can't remember now. However if you set it too high, you'll never get out of a junction.. ;)

It was via the dev console (nomapicons.scs = no/yes ), but that was some time back and updates change the console quite often.
Plus, don't use the console if your not too clear about how too (I'm not good with it, it's been a long time, '2015', last time I tinkered with it). The mod is probably better, just use that.

Your right they should include an option in the menu/commands somewhere for icon removal.

The only thing I changed recently was traffic flow. That is easy in the game config, I think I have '3', can't remember now. However if you set it too high, you'll never get out of a junction.. ;)

Yeah I have traffic set to 3 usually, motorways still a bit too sparse but a lot better, but in built up areas I often have to reset it back to 1 for the very reason you stated!

I really wish SCS would give the Ai a bit more love, especially regarding traffic levels at times of day, night time should have less traffic to make it a viable option (I usually just sleep the nights to enjoy the scenery) rush hour/school runs should have more traffic. I know they can do it because ATS as certain traffic on the roads at certain times (school buses). That would mean them cleaning up some spawning near choke point junctions though!!

That's interesting that you can crank up the traffic, I didn't know you could do that.
How far do you go with it though? Can't say I'd find it much of a fun game recreating the A8 round Pforzheim on a Friday evening.

yUOW6tx.jpg

Top Bottom