Expected more from Titans

While I stand by a lot of what I said earlier about the actual titan fight being subpar, a lot of the stuff surrounding it has been the right thing to do given the circumstances; unlocking modules, banning glaives, announcing things in game to make sure people don't miss it.

It's not fun because the fight/gameplay itself is fun, but it is fun to hang out with a wing in larger instances if it doesn't break. You are in theory and practice able to hang out in the asteroid field and stay safe to repair and recover. The fact that the titan is hard to get to motivates that, but since repairing takes so long and involves mostly staying away from the fight it's not that feasible without spoiling the fun (for me) but if you're more patient or just like to watch the show while your ship repairs then it's not an issue.

So this is one of those cases where it simply being multiplayer elevates the gameplay massively and makes for epic and memorable moments. It's still very much doable solo and there are technical issues due to multiplayer sometimes and it could be even better with better gameplay to rival the azimuth saga finale in HIP 22460. Overall it's still only ok on a relative scale, but if you want to find things to like about it it's probably best to try to do it multiplayer (in a PG as suggested by FDev itself).

One thing I noticed that changes in multiplayer is that turrets are more worth taking out since they take just a few hits and there's not an overwhelming amount of them if you have enough players and it saves anyone who gets focused a lot of headache. They respawn every cycle, but the couple of seconds it takes to clear them while you're stuck waiting for the vents to pop off isn't too bad.

They made it the way that literally everyone could participate. While it's understandable, it's kinda questionable for "thargoid endgame". My biggest disappointment was that the fight was plainly dumb; a very simple, short iteration repeated over and over. I'm pretty sure everyone expected or hoped for more: from just more complicated fight scenarios to titan interiors and on-foot content. And while they can make the next titans harder by tuning their defenses (the amount of spawning glaives and tougher iinterceptors), they won't be able to improve the fight itself.
Hell, even if they made a titan lose some of its powers with each heart gone, it would make the whole encounter much more fun overall. First hearts could be tuned to be challenging to veteran CMDRs, while last hearts accessible to inexperienced pilots.

But I must say the final detonation was very nicely designed, I enjoyed that.

Last edited:
I also thought the event was great.
But it didn't feel right somehow.
The Thargoids have already broken a lot and deserved it, but it still felt wrong.
The Thargoid spaceships are alive and this was evident in the final moments of Titan.
Then there were the many prisoners on the ship who had to die.
It remains a strange feeling.

I also thought the event was great.
But it didn't feel right somehow.
The Thargoids have already broken a lot and deserved it, but it still felt wrong.
The Thargoid spaceships are alive and this was evident in the final moments of Titan.
Then there were the many prisoners on the ship who had to die.
It remains a strange feeling.
That's called war

They made it the way that literally everyone could participate. While it's understandable, it's kinda questionable for "thargoid endgame". My biggest disappointment was that the fight was plainly dumb; a very simple, short iteration repeated over and over. I'm pretty sure everyone expected or hoped for more: from just more complicated fight scenarios to titan interiors and on-foot content. And while they can make the next titans harder by tuning their defenses (the amount of spawning glaives and tougher iinterceptors), they won't be able to improve the fight itself.
Hell, even if they made a titan lose some of its powers with each heart gone, it would make the whole encounter much more fun overall. First hearts could be tuned to be challenging to veteran CMDRs, while last hearts accessible to inexperienced pilots.

But I must say the final detonation was very nicely designed, I enjoyed that.
This was what I expected

And if someone had recognised what a gorgeous butterfly the ugly BGS caterpillar could turn into, we'd have had that long before someone else stole their thunder.

Top Bottom