Well, somehow between the server update and update to CL 1.03 I managed to screw up my .db; was getting "Multiple entry in rows" type of error.
Fixed it with the aid of a .db gui editor.
What on earth I'm doing near Python I do not know...need a beer.
I'm now a day or so into the program and still of the opinion it's a stirling piece of kit, well done and thanks.
Trying to think how that could occur - coming up with nothin'
Thanks for the comment - I'm glad it's otherwise behaving
Currently working on the next iteration.
Been using it now for many, many jumps and I like it a lot. I have been thinking about this database stuff a bit, since you use .db files. I can't open them with OpenOffice applications it seems, so with what program can I open these? ...
Hmm, looks more complicated than I thought. Afraid my Excel skills fail me here
I don't know. Just had a quick look, and it seems that all you're doing, essentially, is typing the relevant info into the field.
Maybe open a .db within CL, so CL does all teh complicated formatting for you, and just make sure all the 'ID' info is matched-up - 'Systems' table to 'jumps' table...
Never done a day's programming/coding in my life, so could well be wrong.
A database is not a simple excel table. You will not be able to open this yourself and edit it unless you know SQL. (assuming the OP is using sql, which I assume based on the fact that he said he programmed this in python. I haven't looked at the code at all and don't plan to).
Note : please uninstall any previous version before installing Beta 4.
- You can no longer delete the active database (Derp.)
- Can now dump the database to a CSV file.
- CSV output progress via GUI added.
- CSV now exports all system/jump data, including estimated system value.
- Removed merging of the Date column in the Jump Table, as you couldn't conveniently see what date a jump occurred on if there were many jumps on that date.
- Other miscellaneous fixes and potential speed-ups
- Home page link in the About window now opens the Captain's Log home page in a web browser when clicked.
- Now using Inno Setup to generate installer packages.
- Added an Update Notification window, which checks for a new version upon startup and notifies if a new version is available...