Release [Explorer's Application] Captain's Log

How about a grand total sum of the expected value of all of the data in your database?

Great tool, by the way! I've never used a logger and this one was painless and fun.

Well, somehow between the server update and update to CL 1.03 I managed to screw up my .db; was getting "Multiple entry in rows" type of error.

Fixed it with the aid of a .db gui editor.

What on earth I'm doing near Python I do not know...need a beer.

I'm now a day or so into the program and still of the opinion it's a stirling piece of kit, well done and thanks.

Last edited:
Well, somehow between the server update and update to CL 1.03 I managed to screw up my .db; was getting "Multiple entry in rows" type of error.

Fixed it with the aid of a .db gui editor.

What on earth I'm doing near Python I do not know...need a beer.

I'm now a day or so into the program and still of the opinion it's a stirling piece of kit, well done and thanks.

Trying to think how that could occur - coming up with nothin' ;)

Thanks for the comment - I'm glad it's otherwise behaving :)

Currently working on the next iteration.

Regards

Been using it now for many, many jumps and I like it a lot. I have been thinking about this database stuff a bit, since you use .db files. I can't open them with OpenOffice applications it seems, so with what program can I open these? Next thing I was imagining is writing a table or database myself as I have many pre-vomit logging (or whatever it's called) systems written on paper so i could make up at least the most important ones from my last voyage. Is that possible?

Fly safe!

Trying to think how that could occur - coming up with nothin' ;)

Thanks for the comment - I'm glad it's otherwise behaving :)

Currently working on the next iteration.

Regards

I think I updated and opened Elite, then CL. After that did a jump, saw it wasn't logged so changed VL..then jumped and no surprises...CL didn't log :D

At that point I was tinkering and jumping and I think CL, quite rightly, told me to sod off.

Imo, this was defo user error :)

- - - Updated - - -

Been using it now for many, many jumps and I like it a lot. I have been thinking about this database stuff a bit, since you use .db files. I can't open them with OpenOffice applications it seems, so with what program can I open these? ...

Fly safe!

I found this http://sqlitebrowser.org/ Win 64 didn't work, so used the 32bit version.

Hmm, looks more complicated than I thought. Afraid my Excel skills fail me here :)

I don't know. Just had a quick look, and it seems that all you're doing, essentially, is typing the relevant info into the field.

Maybe open a .db within CL, so CL does all teh complicated formatting for you, and just make sure all the 'ID' info is matched-up - 'Systems' table to 'jumps' table...

Never done a day's programming/coding in my life, so could well be wrong.

A database is not a simple excel table. You will not be able to open this yourself and edit it unless you know SQL. (assuming the OP is using sql, which I assume based on the fact that he said he programmed this in python. I haven't looked at the code at all and don't plan to).

Last edited:
I don't know. Just had a quick look, and it seems that all you're doing, essentially, is typing the relevant info into the field.

Maybe open a .db within CL, so CL does all teh complicated formatting for you, and just make sure all the 'ID' info is matched-up - 'Systems' table to 'jumps' table...

Never done a day's programming/coding in my life, so could well be wrong.

Just tried it and it worked. Opened a custom .db from within CL, then closed CL.
Entered details into 'Systems' and 'Jumps' then then closed SQLite.
Opened .db from within CL and info was there, was then able to enter Stars/planets etc as normal; re-checked the 'test.db' and CL had done all the complicated stuff.

So long as 'Jump' and 'system' use the same id it's all good.

Last edited:
Yeah don't be playing around with the database files :) You're likely to mess up the database and CL will not like it and barf.

I've almost finished writing a CSV export routine for it - don't be asking for the reverse (CSV to database) - ain't gonna happen :)

It is currently spitting out everything into a CSV apart from planet data - I'll finish that off later today. Almost 2am and time for sleep.

Regards

A database is not a simple excel table. You will not be able to open this yourself and edit it unless you know SQL. (assuming the OP is using sql, which I assume based on the fact that he said he programmed this in python. I haven't looked at the code at all and don't plan to).

Correct. I'm using sqlalchemy with sqlite databases. I haven't published my code and I'm not likely to either - it's been frozen using cx_freeze as well - handy for bundling the necessary Python, PySide and Qt etc. DLL's needed to run the app.

Regards.

Captain's Log v1.0.0 Beta 4 released...

Note : please uninstall any previous version before installing Beta 4.

Changelog:

- You can no longer delete the active database (Derp.)
- Can now dump the database to a CSV file.
- CSV output progress via GUI added.
- CSV now exports all system/jump data, including estimated system value.
- Removed merging of the Date column in the Jump Table, as you couldn't conveniently see what date a jump occurred on if there were many jumps on that date.
- Other miscellaneous fixes and potential speed-ups
- Home page link in the About window now opens the Captain's Log home page in a web browser when clicked.
- Now using Inno Setup to generate installer packages.
- Added an Update Notification window, which checks for a new version upon startup and notifies if a new version is available...
CLUPGR.jpg
- Version bumped to 1.0.0 Beta 4

Note : please uninstall any previous version before installing Beta 4.

Changelog:

- You can no longer delete the active database (Derp.)
- Can now dump the database to a CSV file.
- CSV output progress via GUI added.
- CSV now exports all system/jump data, including estimated system value.
- Removed merging of the Date column in the Jump Table, as you couldn't conveniently see what date a jump occurred on if there were many jumps on that date.
- Other miscellaneous fixes and potential speed-ups
- Home page link in the About window now opens the Captain's Log home page in a web browser when clicked.
- Now using Inno Setup to generate installer packages.
- Added an Update Notification window, which checks for a new version upon startup and notifies if a new version is available...- Version bumped to 1.0.0 Beta 4

y[x[SUB]1[/SUB]+x[SUB]2[/SUB]+x[SUB]3[/SUB]...+x[SUB]n[/SUB]]y!
where x=a and n=a googleplex

Char a='a';
Int x=googleplex;
String S;
For (int n, n=x, n=n+1)
{
s=s+a;
}
Print('y',s,'y','!');

something like that

Last edited:
Now it worked. In my first try, Avast Deep Scan would identify a DRep 'thing' as a potential threat so it locked down the connection from my PC to your download link. Even whitelisting wouldn't work. You can google 'DRep and virus scan' but I am not a professional to get into this. The downloaded file was corrupted so I couldn't exe it. After restarting my tortoise all was kinda reset and I could download your update no matter what.

It works perfectly and it did load my 'Eta Carina Things' DB without issues. Nice work and rest assured you are doing great work here, CMDR.

Worked immediately :) ... but, why can't I resize the window? My screen - laptop - has resolution of 1366x768.
and yes, I'd like to get a nicer piece of hardware ;)

Cheers and keep up the great work.

Top Bottom