Release [Explorer's Application] Captain's Log

Ah no worries dude, just good to know.

One thing (I promise), I love the way you input stars in the app, is there any was to replicate that for the planets?

+1 for the app

I am planning to do something similar for the planets.

Just think of the current method as "placeholder content" ;)

Rgds.

I don't even know what Verbose Logging is so I guess that's a 'no' then... :)

If set to 1 it will record all the systems you visit, or it is lost forever, and it is 0 (OFF) by default as the files in there can become huge, my log directory is 2.5GB !!!

1. Look for your appconfig.xml location here : https://support.elitedangerous.com/kb/faq.php?id=108
2. open appconfig.xml
3. look for the NETWORK section (mine is : <Network VerboseLogging="1" DatestampLog="1" LogFile="netLog" upnpenabled="1" Port="0"> </Network>)
4. make sure you have an item called VerboseLogging and it is VerboseLogging="1"

or

install this software and it will set it for you automatically !!!

Last edited:
Great work!

Will give it a go.

Questions: -

1. Is it possible to record the distance of the jump to the next system?
  2. Does it give a Trip summary detailing the total number of objects found by type etc.?

Just a heads up.....

Don't delete the Default Database :eek:

It doesn't like it :p

OP, is there a way to only import particular Log files? I only want to build or have a database with my current trip in it, is it a case of creating a copy of these Log files and importing them and then pointing the Captains Log back to the proper location for the Log files?

Regarding the Distance, would it be possible for you to consider adding this at some stage?

I might.

It would entail a change to the database structure, which would entail some way of converting the old databases to the new structure, which would entail Time and Effort :)

- - - Updated - - -

Just a heads up.....

Don't delete the Default Database :eek:

It doesn't like it :p

OP, is there a way to only import particular Log files? I only want to build or have a database with my current trip in it, is it a case of creating a copy of these Log files and importing them and then pointing the Captains Log back to the proper location for the Log files?

Well, don't delete the current database until you've created a new database and switched to the new one :)

But I'll add in a check for that for the next release.

The importing is an all-or-nothing affair at the moment. Again, I could make the importation more finely-grained - I'll add that idea to The List.

Regards

This is fantastic. :)

Makes me wonder why we never had something like this in game from the off. Its a very useful bit of exploration kit, and very much appreciated!

Just for me to understand: If I would send somebody my database file (let's say Bubble.db) he can open and import it?

There is no "import database" function. BUT - a workaround would be for your friend to first create a new database in the DB Manager called "Bubble", exit the program, and copy your sent Bubble.db over the newly-created Bubble.db file, then restart the program, which should read in your DB.

Regards.

Just for me to understand: If I would send somebody my database file (let's say Bubble.db) he can open and import it?

There is no "import database" function. BUT - a workaround would be for your friend to first create a new database in the DB Manager called "Bubble", exit the program, and copy your sent Bubble.db over the newly-created Bubble.db file, then restart the program, which should read in your DB.

Regards.

Actually, scrap what I just said - just send your friend the DB file, have him move it to the DB folder, restart the program, and switch to that DB. Easy :)

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to add some brown dwarfs to one or two systems, so nothing big here. Just a perfectionist when it comes to stellar data :)

Go to the line on the table which has your Jump entry - then click the relevant star types to add them to that entry!

If you make a mistake and add too amny K stars for example, click on the upper K star icon with the number on it to decrement that number.

Easy ;)

Any changes you make are saved immediately to the database.

Fantastic!!! Bravo!!! Repped!!!

I also use EDDiscovery now, and although I love it, it performs extremely sluggish while elite is running. It takes ages to "update" the list. Really a downer. Hope this doesnt happen with your program.

But even if so, I will still use it becuase it allows me to record much more than EDD in an easier, more visual way. Thanks for that!!

I saw you giving a peek in another thread a couple of weeks ago and was waiting this release!!

Only thing is, I am not playing atm, just waiting for the PP to be stable....dont wanna risk lose data or exploration time, but will give feedback as soon as I try it!

Thanks again for developing this!!

Top Bottom