Extremely low performance after a few minutes of gameplay rx 6600 xt

My set up
I3-10100f
16gb ddr4 ram
Rx 6600 xt
M.2 ssd
MSI H510M-A PRO

So my problem is that the game runs fine for about 15-20 minutes running at 1080p high preset normal upscale and I get stable 60 with a gpu usage of about 30%, but after a few minutes the gpu usage shoots up to 99% and frames drop below 30 in a station and around 15 in a carrier and lowering the graphics to low slightly increase fps but gpu usage stays at 99%

Things that Ive tried, reinstalling the games, moving it to another drive, deleting the frontier file in appdata, updating and rolling back drivers, updating bios, overclocking and undervolting gpu.
Also the gpu is working perfectly in any other game problem is only with elite.
Any one has any idea what might be going on? don't know what else to do

elite bugs.png

Last edited:
just tried it and horizons works fine

Horizons Live or Legacy? (4.0 versus 3.8) On planet surface as well? If it's live that's where you will find the the biggest effect of the new planetary tech in Horizons Live. Horizons Legacy is a different beast altogether, uses old planetary tech and shaders so it should run much better than Horizons Live.

Sounds vaguely similar to this issue, as well as a few others I've seen mentioned. I don't think it's a hardware problem.

Does your motherboard have PCI-E Resizable BAR options?

Do have the page file disabled or any other changes to anything that would dictate how Windows manages memory?

Sounds vaguely similar to this issue, as well as a few others I've seen mentioned. I don't think it's a hardware problem.

Does your motherboard have PCI-E Resizable BAR options?

Do have the page file disabled or any other changes to anything that would dictate how Windows manages memory?
Had the resizable BAR disabled, just turned it on and had the same problem and no changes to windows memory management

Had the resizable BAR disabled, just turned it on and had the same problem and no changes to windows memory management

What does VRAM usage look like before and after the performance drop hits? I would expect 8GiB to be more than plenty even for Odyssey, but it's another possibility that should be ruled out.

Do problems occur if you use a lower resolution or don't apply any resolution scaling?

What does VRAM usage look like before and after the performance drop hits? I would expect 8GiB to be more than plenty even for Odyssey, but it's another possibility that should be ruled out.

Do problems occur if you use a lower resolution or don't apply any resolution scaling?
ram stays below 7.5gb and it doesnt matter the resolution no change in gpu usage or frames

Top Bottom